Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm

If that's true, I'm guessing any obligation to buy would be dependent on them staying up, and that's why would reject.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:20 pm

Might have not offered the money we want either. Apparently we're asking something like 12-15 million for Nat.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:33 am

Eagle » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:28 pm wrote:If that's true, I'm guessing any obligation to buy would be dependent on them staying up, and that's why would reject.

Still don’t understand why we don’t loan him out, if Newcastle go down so what? He just returns here. Surely he would be better off spending the next 4 months playing premier league games and gaining valuable experience than sitting on his @rse here? The only scenario where keeping him here makes any sort of sense is if Newcastle have intimated that they only want him as cover for their front line CB’s, if that’s the case he may as well sit on his @rse here than there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:24 pm

Think it's a bit more complicated than that. If he goes there and struggles and makes a few mistakes he'll be out of the team and his stock will fall fast. His stock is probably as high as it's going to get off the back of the run he had at end of last season and even his performance in the Champions League against Milan this year. So getting £10-15mil for him isn't an unreasonable ask currently. Harry Wilson is a good example. He may have scored a few goals on loan at Bournemouth but he generally struggled and spent most of the season on the bench. We ended up selling him to the Championship for around £12mil whilst we were looking at much more if we'd found a buyer after his loan spell at Derby.

Sure there will be loads of clubs scrambling around trying to do deals over the weekend so he might end up moving anyway.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:36 pm

Interest in Fabio Carvalho from Fulham seems genuine. James Pearce who has links to the club had this to say and he wouldn't put his neck out like that unless there was some truth to it - https://twitter.com/TheAthleticUK/statu ... 3458277376

His contract expires in the summer so whoever gets him would be looking at a tribunal fee unless they can agree something with Fulham. 19 years old and sounds like he's doing quite well in a Fulham side top of the Championship so I'd imagine a few clubs will be interested. Seems to be playing as a number 10 for Fulham but I'm guessing we'd see him as someone who can play from the left of the front 3. Reminds me a bit of Coutinho looking at his YouTube highlights.

Players like this will probably look at Elliot getting game time and Gordon starting the League Cup semi-final and think we're a good choice. Although he might be better off staying at Fulham for now and playing regularly as they seem destined for the Premier League.
Eagle

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:02 am

The kid doesn't look bad on youtube. I'd have him for a tribunal fee, why not.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:44 am

Strong rumours on Diaz.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:14 am

Yep, James Pearce says the deals nearly done for Diaz. I'm shocked to be honest, but very excited.. this kid looks the real deal.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:40 am

Liverpool to sign £50m Porto winger Luis Diaz before transfer deadline
January 28, 2022
Jack Lusby

Liverpool were not expected to bring in any new faces during the January transfer window, but now Porto winger Luis Diaz is on his way to Anfield for £50 million.

Diaz has been linked with the Reds throughout this month, though only by sources from Portugal, with interest dismissed by Merseyside journalists.

But now it is widely reported that a deal is close to being struck to sign the 25-year-old winger, for an initial £37.5 million with £12.5 million in add-ons.

The Athletic‘s David Ornstein reports that Liverpool are “on course” to bring Diaz in for a fee considerably lower than the €80 million touted, beating both Tottenham and Man United to the signing.

The Times‘ Paul Joyce is among the Merseyside journalists to confirm the pursuit, with the Mirror‘s David Maddock claiming the move “could be confirmed in the coming hours.”

This news comes on the back of rejected bids from Monaco and Leeds for Takumi Minamino, along with tentative interest in Divock Origi from Atalanta.

Furthermore, with Sadio Mane‘s contract due to expire in 2023, along with that of Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino currently, Diaz’s arrival would boost Liverpool’s attacking options at a pivotal moment.

Joyce adds that Jurgen Klopp “had earmarked Diaz for the summer” only for “the lower price tag, plus the realisation the attacker would leave in this window” accelerated the club’s pursuit.

It is a shock development late in the transfer window, but shows Liverpool’s intent to make a renewed push for the Premier League title in the second half of the season.

Diaz is predominantly a left-sided attacker, and has scored 16 goals and laid on six assists in 28 games for Porto already this season

Not just looks the real deal but I’d say can mesh very easily with his style. Also I’d bet he is not a party animal at all like the rest of the team.
Last edited by kazza on Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:42 am

When you've got all the key journalists being briefed by the club like this, then the deal is as good as done. Sounds Origi and/or Minamino might be one their way out too.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:49 am

If this deal does go through I’d say we replaced Firmino with Jota and Mane with Diaz, in which case I would assume we will sign Mo to a new deal. That would be great continuity
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:52 am

I am hearing Diaz deal is agreed, 45 million plus 15mill in add ons.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:23 pm

crazyhorse » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:52 am wrote:I am hearing Diaz deal is agreed, 45 million plus 15mill in add ons.

That's in Euros I think. So £37.5mil guaranteed and £12.5mil on performance based on add-ons.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:59 pm

The winger ranks top for goals, shots and touches in the opposition box and is among the elite for winning back possession in the final third, creating chances, attempting fast breaks, aerials, dribbling and passes in the attacking third.

Besides scoring goals, his most striking attribute is participation in overall play, with above-average numbers for passes in the final third - but the graphic below suggests Diaz also frequently tracks back to support the team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:10 pm

Didn't think we would sign anyone this window so hopefully they get this over the line and he arrives back with the squad next week. Wouldn't have seen a lot of him so dont know what to expect really but judging what is being said about him he is going to push our front 3 for a place which is music to my ears. We need this level of competition which Origi or Minamino will never provide.

If he hits the ground running it might just give us that little boost we need to catch City.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill