Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Would be a good signing. I wonder if this means Minamino will be moving on? Apparently Leeds and a few others are interested...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:57 pm

kazza » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:49 am wrote:If this deal does go through I’d say we replaced Firmino with Jota and Mane with Diaz, in which case I would assume we will sign Mo to a new deal. That would be great continuity

Or maybe we're replacing Salah with him. I know Diaz plays on the left and Salah on the right but Mane did play on the right for us at one point.

Anyway, I'd be happy with this signing, he looks like a player that would be good for us. We probably planned on getting him in the summer, but interest from other clubs probably forced our hand to get him asap. It's a bit weird Porto would sell three main players in the middle of the season though, they are top of the league but the race for them is far from over. Maybe we'll send Diaz back to them on loan until the end of the season?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:25 pm

Maybe missing out on the Champions League group stages has left a bit of a hole in their accounts. They'll prob spend the money on 5 kids from South America and end up selling a couple of them for £50+ mil in a few years!
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:20 pm

Just having a look at a few of Diaz's stats there and they look really encouraging. He seems robust enough as well having played 50 games in his first season with Porto and then 47 last year so no signs of lengthy absences.

Colombia play a qualifier tonight so might just switch it on. Given the hype surrounding the move he should be on cloud 9 and out to impress.  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:42 pm

Looks an interesting signing, I’d be lying if I said I knew anything about the lad but looking at his YouTube clips (I know, I know…) he kind of reminds me of a younger version of Mane, i.e quick, strong, can go past a man and knows where the net is.
Let’s hope the club have pulled another rabbit out of the hat.
Btw just been on Radio Merseyside as well that we are willing to listen to offers for Divock and Taki so that suggests the club are pretty confident of getting him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:09 pm

I wonder if we are snapping him now or he will remain with Porto until end of their season...
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:58 pm

2nd half of that game starts in a few mins. Diaz is playing LW in a 4-4-2. Not really a great game as its full of fouls.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:14 pm

If anyone want a look at 2nd half.

New link https://www.footballever.net/p/live-foo ... 9.html?m=1
Last edited by red till i die!! on Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:21 pm

redshade » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:09 pm wrote:I wonder if we are snapping him now or he will remain with Porto until end of their season...

Hopefully we get him now mate, we are not yet out of the title race, we are still in both domestic cup competitions (including a League Cup final) and we are still in the CL (although he might be cup tied in that), even so we have a lot to play for between now and May and we can do with all the help we can get.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:55 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:00 am

What a signing a right klopp and liverpool player in his prime and will improve us thats for sure. He's coming now
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:18 am

kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:47 am

Scout explains how Luis Diaz will fit in at LFC – and what he needs to improve
January 29, 2022
Joanna Durkan

Luis Diaz is to bolster Liverpool’s attacking options but just what can he offer the Reds and what will Jurgen Klopp have his eye on taking to the next level?

The 25-year-old’s journey to the world and European stage has been an incredible one and it looks set to continue at Anfield once the deal is rubber-stamped.

The £50 million deal was accelerated after the Reds looked on as Tottenham took a step closer to their summer target, triggering Liverpool to kick into action.

And, in turn, they swiftly took the driver’s seat and they are to land a player with plenty of upside and one that has pace, potency and an eye for goal.

With the desire to know more from within the Liverpool fanbase, scout Jan Riha offered a look at how Diaz will fit in and the areas he needs to improve in a detailed Twitter thread.

It is firstly explained how Diaz “has excellent acceleration and speed” which is just the ticket for this Liverpool forward line, assisted by his runs often being hard to read.

A right-footed left-winger, the Colombian international “wants to get involved in the build-up”, “makes a lot of off-ball runs” and his “unreal timing” makes him a constant threat.

Dribbling comes naturally as does his desire to take players on and being a versatile finisher (right foot, left foot and headers) opens up plenty of doors once in behind.

But Riha does caveat his goalscoring with there being few examples of first-time finishes from Diaz, but he has shown more than enough evidence of righting that at Anfield.

As for areas to improve, while his dribbling is a strength he is culpable of “taking too many touched” and playing with his head down, missing the opening and as a result releasing late.

It’s a part of his game that can be improved on the training pitch and Klopp will relish moulding Diaz into his side having shown the traits to fit and excel in his system.

It was also eyecatching to see Diaz clocked a top speed in the Champions League this season of 35.5 km/h, more than Mohamed Salah (33.2 km/h), Sadio Mane (32.3 km/h) and Diogo Jota (32.3 km/h).

Speed, and lots of it!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:36 am

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:41 am

Looks like it's a done deal. Social media is filled with pictures if him signing the contract and posing for LFC PR shots with LFC kit.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill