Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Looks like Gerrard is trying to sign Suarez, another ex-Liverpool player, kind of reminds me of what John Toshack did at Swansea in the late 70’s/early 80’s.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:34 pm

See Peter Robinson has died as well, very sad, he was one of the games great administrators and played a major role in our glory years (we won 29 major trophy’s during his tenure at the club).
RIP Mr Robinson and thank you for helping make LFC the club it is.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:01 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:34 pm wrote:See Peter Robinson has died as well, very sad, he was one of the games great administrators and played a major role in our glory years (we won 29 major trophy’s during his tenure at the club).

+ 1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:08 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:01 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:34 pm wrote:See Peter Robinson has died as well, very sad, he was one of the games great administrators and played a major role in our glory years (we won 29 major trophy’s during his tenure at the club).

+ 1

12 of our 19 league titles were won whist he was at the club mate, that’s two thirds of our impressive title haul coming under his tenure.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:01 pm

Skysports reporting that Spurs are in for Adam Traore at 20m pounds... I think at that price we should be in with a bid...even if he is on the bench for the first hour of most games.;

I know there are question marks about his final pass/ game intelligence and rightly so.... the main attraction for me is

1. That he would create so much space for Mo, Mane and /or Jota - we would score even more than we do now...especially against the low block that we struggle with

2. If the oppo leave him alone he will just run bulldoze his way through them and score.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:01 pm

Skysports reporting that Spurs are in for Adama Traore at 20m pounds... I think at that price we should be in with a bid...even if he is on the bench for the first hour of most games.;

I know there are question marks about his final pass/ game intelligence and rightly so.... the main attraction for me is

1. That he would create so much space for Mo, Mane and /or Jota - we would score even more than we do now...especially against the low block that we struggle with

2. If the oppo leave him alone he will just run bulldoze his way through them and score.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:39 am

Yeah I agree, I’d love to see Traore in our squad, i actually think we lack a little bit of pace up top, Mo’s not too bad but the other 2 have definitely lost a yard.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:38 pm

Whats very important in our squad is a players ability to press and get back and defend. I don't know how well he does this?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby electrum » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:27 pm

Reg » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:38 pm wrote:Whats very important in our squad is a players ability to press and get back and defend. I don't know how well he does this?

Fair point- that's why I see him as plan B or the X factor... starting less games than he is on the bench.

At the moment we have NOBODY to carry the ball forward through a packed defence from midfield. Keita is one who has the ability but is injured more than  he is not and also seems to go missing when the going gets tough against defensive minded teams.

I see Traore as a bludgeon when we need to get through two rows of 4. We have 4 rapiers already.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:02 am

Adama Traore? Why would we buy an attacker who has made over 150 Premier League appearances and only scored 8 goals? That's an awful record for any attacking player at any level. And he's almost 27 so not exactly at the start of his learning trajectory.

Conte will try to turn him into a wingback like he did with Moses at Chelsea.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:47 am

Eagle wrote:Adama Traore? Why would we buy an attacker who has made over 150 Premier League appearances and only scored 8 goals? That's an awful record for any attacking player at any level. And he's almost 27 so not exactly at the start of his learning trajectory.

Completely agree.

He would frustrate the life out of you watching some of the stuff he does. No where near good enough imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:02 pm

If the figure quoted for Traore is correct it would be worth a punt. Despite the valid misgivings of some in here,£20 million is peanuts in today's market and who knows what Klopp might be able to do with him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Looks like we're sailing through another transfer window without re-enforcing the squad or getting rid of the deadwood.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:44 pm

Reg » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:34 am wrote:Looks like we're sailing through another transfer window without re-enforcing the squad or getting rid of the deadwood.

Same as our rivals then. City and Chelsea haven't bought anyone in and City have lost Torres. Though with Chilwell out for the season I'd be surprised if Chelsea aren't trying to bring in a left wing back.

Sure the likes of Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal will be scrambling around taking risky decisions but not sure ourselves, City, and Chelsea, need too.
Eagle

Postby kazza » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:17 pm

I read that we turned down a loan with an obligation to buy offer from Newcastle for Nat Philips. Why would we do that unless we wanted the money now for a purchase this window.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill