Liverpool v Man City 10/11/2019

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Reg » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 am

Pep got a bit emotional at one stage..... I guess he hadn't got a message from a girl in Romania...

https://i.imgur.com/HZLcGu0.gif
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:15 am

Stunning performance - especially the two fullbacks and even more so the three guys in the middle

They don’t get any plaudits or any praise and many slag them off but they dominated the midfield yesterday - in every department possible , amazing atmosphere- loved it
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:49 am

What a massive win for us, possibly the most important 3 points of the season. A draw wouldn't have been enough IMO, and the boys knew that and went for the win.

Having said that however, I must be honest and say that luck played a big part in this one, and IMO they played better than us. As Lallana says above, our midfield dominated the game, and he's completely wrong. City had more possession and missed some sitters, particularly Aguero, who had a very rare off day, and was taken off as a result. We on the other hand scored a one in a hungred long range goal (which their Sh*t back-up keeper had a big hand in), and from two counter attacks.

Now I'm not taking away anything from our boys, they still played a good game, but we must admit that luck was on our side. But that's football, and I'd rather be in this situation than in the opposite, play better and still lose the game.

Anyway, still a long way to go, but so far so good for us. We just need to keep this up as long as we can. If we don't crumble in December or January, I think we'll have a very good chance to finally win it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:56 am

Excellent result and a massive win, credit goes to all the players, however, above all to Fabhino what a player? I don't want to talk but, admittedly City controlled the first 5 minutes and the last 15 minutes, but we were more precise in our counter-attacks and defended very well.

Good luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:13 pm

don't give a monkeys about who played better than who, there's no trophy for 'Who played better', however there is a trophy for who gets the most points on the board and that was 3 massive ones right there.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:10 pm

Franky000 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 am wrote:What a cracker from Fabinho! People talk about Van dijk and Alison as having changed our fortunes but this man is every bit as influential. The game played out as I expected; we are in frighteningly good form and I feel if we can carry it into the new year, and get a few loan signings as kewell says, we stand a very good chance of going all the way. Hopefully the scouts can identify someone with potential who for some reason or another isn’t getting game time..
It was the same when Monaco won the league and got far in the UCL in 2016/17. All the plaudits went to players like Bakayoko, Mbappe, Bernado, Moutinho, Falcao, Lemar.. Most got their big money moves and no one was even looking at buying Fabinho. But if you'd watch them that year he was the unsung hero. He had a amazing year but his job is not one that gets recognition. I'm glad that he finally got his big move and he's putting in performances at the highest level and finally getting the credit he deserves.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:10 pm wrote:
Franky000 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:36 am wrote:What a cracker from Fabinho! People talk about Van dijk and Alison as having changed our fortunes but this man is every bit as influential. The game played out as I expected; we are in frighteningly good form and I feel if we can carry it into the new year, and get a few loan signings as kewell says, we stand a very good chance of going all the way. Hopefully the scouts can identify someone with potential who for some reason or another isn’t getting game time..
It was the same when Monaco won the league and got far in the UCL in 2016/17. All the plaudits went to players like Bakayoko, Mbappe, Bernado, Moutinho, Falcao, Lemar.. Most got their big money moves and no one was even looking at buying Fabinho. But if you'd watch them that year he was the unsung hero. He had a amazing year but his job is not one that gets recognition. I'm glad that he finally got his big move and he's putting in performances at the highest level and finally getting the credit he deserves.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Monaco’s form fell off a cliff when Fabinho left.  They finished second in the league after their star players all left for mega money, but it was only when Fabinho left that they struggled badly.
Credit to Klopp for easing him in to the first 11. He’s adapted brilliantly and benefited from Klopp’s introduction to the Premier League. A lot of managers would have just thrown him in at the deep and hoped for the best. Much like Pepe at Arsenal. And that’s why he’s failing there, in my opinion.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:18 pm

It appears that both Liverpool and Everton this season have something in common

Neither has beaten a side above them in the table :D
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:56 pm

damjan193 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 am wrote:What a massive win for us, possibly the most important 3 points of the season. A draw wouldn't have been enough IMO, and the boys knew that and went for the win.

Having said that however, I must be honest and say that luck played a big part in this one, and IMO they played better than us. As Lallana says above, our midfield dominated the game, and he's completely wrong. City had more possession and missed some sitters, particularly Aguero, who had a very rare off day, and was taken off as a result. We on the other hand scored a one in a hungred long range goal (which their Sh*t back-up keeper had a big hand in), and from two counter attacks.

Now I'm not taking away anything from our boys, they still played a good game, but we must admit that luck was on our side. But that's football, and I'd rather be in this situation than in the opposite, play better and still lose the game.

Anyway, still a long way to go, but so far so good for us. We just need to keep this up as long as we can. If we don't crumble in December or January, I think we'll have a very good chance to finally win it.

Yep, we could barely get out of our box at times in that first 45 never mind our half, we hit them with 2 sucker punches really. A lot of City's early dominance could have been down to the system though, Jurgen said himself he changed from 4-3-3 to 4-4-1-1 second half with Mane and Henderson out wide and the game in terms of possession/general play etc was much more even.
Jurgen was also right when he said no one is going to play City and dominate them for 90 minutes, they've spent far too much money for that to happen, yes they were missing one or two defensive players but they still had the likes of De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Raheem Sterling and Sergio Aguero out on the pitch. We were missing one of our first choice CB's too btw which seems to have been forgotten by the media.
I know I was calling for us to go right after them but in all honesty they would have probably torn us to shreds if we would have done that, we needed to get a win against a team who have spent far more than us and we did it by boxing clever.
It was a huge win, it's nowhere near over but we are in a fantastic position (9 points ahead of our main rivals after just 12 games).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:22 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:42 am

Inside Anfield

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:44 am

Reg » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:42 am wrote:Inside Anfield

Beautiful