Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:31 pm

Santa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:29 pm wrote:...and Sheffield just go 1 up

VAR armpit again
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Every time there's a goal now, someone's balls might be judged to have strayed offside. Fuck VAR
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:38 pm

Tough match but all that matters is the 3 points. Thankfully, Wolves shooting at the end was sloppy.
This hectic period was bound to make us tired, we have dealt well with it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Titles are won on the back of performances like today's, our players were leggy and nowhere near their best and we were up against a good side but we still somehow managed to come away with the 3 points.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Hard tiring game for the players and one that could have been dropped points
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:08 pm

Boocity » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:

VAR armpit again

I have an issue with how they judge this. I get that an attacking player’s arm cannot score but shoulder can so that is where they mark the offside line but a defending player can score with his arm so therefore surely the offside line should be on the defending players hand. If a ball ricochets of a defenders hand and goes in the goal they will count that as a goal as it should be a penalty and advantage would be played, am I correct? I never heard anyone address this but if they applied it it would get rid of this offside by an armpit business.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Genuinely surprised at how we’ve come through this month unscathed...

We’ve still got Fabinho to come back as well, hopefully won’t be too long now. Will be fascinating to see how minamino fits into this setup
Franky000

Postby electrum » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:50 pm

bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pm wrote:Cracking game. All credit to Wolves. One or two of their players I wouldn't mind seeing in a red shirt.

I reckon we should put in a cheeky bid for Traore in January, he really looks like he is beginning to fulfil his potential. He looked pretty much unplayable 1 v 1 today. Sometimes breezed past two players like they weren't there.

Imagine what Klopp could do with him with a bit of his coaching never mind Santo.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:58 pm

kazza » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:08 pm wrote:
Boocity » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:

VAR armpit again

I have an issue with how they judge this. I get that an attacking player’s arm cannot score but shoulder can so that is where they mark the offside line but a defending player can score with his arm so therefore surely the offside line should be on the defending players hand. If a ball ricochets of a defenders hand and goes in the goal they will count that as a goal as it should be a penalty and advantage would be played, am I correct? I never heard anyone address this but if they applied it it would get rid of this offside by an armpit business.

All these armpit millimetre offside bullshit has gotta stop now...just base the offside rule by the player's lead leg and as long as that is onside or on the same line then it is all good. Easy for official, viewers and players to judge and work on...right now it is so confusing and so bloody frustrating watching play or goals called back for all these nonsense.

Jorghino obviously deserved his 2nd yellow for pulling back an Arsenal player but the ref missed it and VAR could not intercept...Jorginho then go on and scored the equaliser goal. How is that fair play?

As I have said, everything else about these offside rules are bullshit. If you are going to scrutinise body parts in millimetres then you have got to roll it back frame by frame and determined exactly when the last ball was released, and for that you have got to use AI or run it back in 120fps slowmo to get them right but right now the exact millisecond the ball was released are arbitrary and the video are still pretty crude if you asked me.

It is NOT the offside rule that is frustrating...it is how the Premier League choose to implement it that is causing all the confusion

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:01 pm

electrum » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pm wrote:Cracking game. All credit to Wolves. One or two of their players I wouldn't mind seeing in a red shirt.

I reckon we should put in a cheeky bid for Traore in January, he really looks like he is beginning to fulfil his potential. He looked pretty much unplayable 1 v 1 today. Sometimes breezed past two players like they weren't there.

Imagine what Klopp could do with him with a bit of his coaching never mind Santo.

Get Traore then let Minamino, Mane and Salah run at opposition defenders and you will see real fear in the enemy's eyes  :D

...and let Trent take extra free kick lessons and you will add at least a dozen of goals per season there  :eyebrow

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:22 pm

Can't believe the bitterness of some of our rivals complaining about how we won today while City got their first goal through a very important ricochet from the ref. I recall we had a similar situation a couple of matches back and the ref stopped play and gave a dead ball.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:44 am

Quite a few players deserve a mention in dispatches today, I thought the way Sadio got back to help Robbo out with Traore was absolutely superb, especially given it was late in the game and he must have feeling it. the shift Hendo put in deserves a mention as well, the exertions of the last couple of weeks were clearly starting to tell on some of the players around him but he just ran and ran.
Joe Gomez and Alisson made important contributions on more than one occasion too and although big Virgil didn't have his best game and even made a rare rick I loved the way he blocked that shot in the dying seconds and then won the header from the resulting corner. He really is a colossus.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:46 am

Cant believe we haven't dropped points with recent fixture list.

Incredible effort by the team

That light at the end of what has been a very long tunnel does seem to be getting closer
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games