LIVERPOOL vs Man City 3/01/2019 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:41 pm

Time to get the ball rolling for the City match  :buttrock

Win - we'll go 9 points clear.
Lose - the title race opens up with us ahead by 4 points

Hopefully we'll go for the attack and end City's title ambitions with a thumping win. Their defence is suspect and they've leaked loads of goals recently...I think an early goal will silence the crowd and put them on the back foot.

I'm going for a 4-2 win to the might reds
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:05 pm

3-1 win

Hope Danilo and Zinkchenko play too
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:11 pm

This should hopefully be a great game to watch. Man City will have to go all out for the 3 points and that suits us down to the ground. Could be a high scoring draw.

Most likely it will be the same lineup vs Arsenal but Shaq dropping out for one of Henderson, Milner or Keita.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Alisson

TAA
Lovren
VVD
Robbo

Hendo
Gini
Keita/Milner

Mo
Bobby
Mane
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:26 pm wrote:Alisson

TAA
Lovren
VVD
Robbo

Hendo
Gini
Keita/Milner

Mo
Bobby
Mane

I'd be happy with that, also happy if fabinho started. Expect us to win this, 3-1 is my prediction.

Monster of a game, can't wait!
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:59 pm

Make no mistake guys, if they don't win this game it's all over for them, at lest that's how it must look to them. They'll go for the win with everything they have.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now, but at least it's a lot simpler for them, do or die. What do we do though? Do we go back to our more compact style of play that we've played this season, try to capitalise on a mistake that they will inevitably make, or go at them with everything we have like we did vs. Arsenal and fight fire with fire? To be honest I don't know which I would prefer, but I think we'll go for the more defensive option.

I expect we'll see the team Lallana posted above. Considering Hendo was rested for the most part of the Arsenal game, I expect he'll start along with Wijnaldum, who was also taken off. Don't know who the third midfielder will be. Defence and attack pick themselves.

You really can't call this game, anything could happen. I know one thing though, whatever we do, we most definitely, under any circumstances, must NOT LOSE!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:23 pm

This is our biggest league game in 30 years.
When we played this lot at Anfield earlier on in the season we tried to play it cautious and contain them and imo we came off second best, we were lucky to get the draw, particularly when they missed that pen.
All our best performances against City have been when we have really gone after them and I hope we do the same tomorrow, even if we lose the very fact we went there with the intention of slugging it out with them toe to toe would show that we mean business for the rest of the season.
They don't like defending, let's make them defend.
Fernandinho is 33 and is just back from injury, KDB is just back from injury and David Silva turns 33 next Wednesday, that is their 'go-to' midfield, let's play Klopp ball and run the legs off them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:23 pm wrote:This is our biggest league game in 30 years.
When we played this lot at Anfield earlier on in the season we tried to play it cautious and contain them and imo we came off second best, we were lucky to get the draw, particularly when they missed that pen.
All our best performances against City have been when we have really gone after them and I hope we do the same tomorrow, even if we lose the very fact we went there with the intention of slugging it out with them toe to toe would show that we mean business for the rest of the season.
Fernandinho is 33 and is just back from injury, KDB is just back from injury and David Silva turns 33 next Wednesday, that is their 'go-to' midfield, let's play Klopp ball and run the legs off them.

Agree, agree, agree, bone-crunching heavy metal, gegenpress the ***** out of them, they score 3 we'll score 4, we're too good for them right now!!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:35 pm

I'd go flat out attack but would lay a lot of responsibility on VVD to signal that we're leaving ourselves too exposed.  The subs will be critical in MF and up front.

3-1 to us.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:36 pm

damjan193 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm wrote:Make no mistake guys, if they don't win this game it's all over for them, at lest that's how it must look to them. They'll go for the win with everything they have.

I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now, but at least it's a lot simpler for them, do or die. What do we do though? Do we go back to our more compact style of play that we've played this season, try to capitalise on a mistake that they will inevitably make, or go at them with everything we have like we did vs. Arsenal and fight fire with fire? To be honest I don't know which I would prefer, but I think we'll go for the more defensive option.

I expect we'll see the team Lallana posted above. Considering Hendo was rested for the most part of the Arsenal game, I expect he'll start along with Wijnaldum, who was also taken off. Don't know who the third midfielder will be. Defence and attack pick themselves.

You really can't call this game, anything could happen. I know one thing though, whatever we do, we most definitely, under any circumstances, must NOT LOSE!

Milner still recovering so the bench for him I think, I'd start with Hendo, Gini and Fab. Keita on the bench. If we lose, we lose, we're still four clear at the top.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:25 pm

We win it will be a huge step towards the title. Lose and game on as City will gain the confidence to probably win all their remaining games.

If City lose i think they will kind of lose heart and mentally may feel it is all over. I really hope that happens.

My prediction 1-1
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:45 am

In past years I got nervous when we were favorites as we always seemed to screw it up, this year however we are oozing confidence and are a much better side. I think we will play a tight professional match and at the end of the day out play them. Not sure it will be a goalfest but we will be clear winners IMO. Win this and the team will truly believe and kick on from here. A little disturbed by Lovren saying we will stay invincible this year, best thing to do to feck it up  :0
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:46 am

If ever there was a time to show everybody just how we have progressed this is it. I honestly think that we have a mental edge over them and especially Klopp over Guardiola and that can be a massive advantage. City also know they must win and that might just play into our hands.

The usual culprits up front and at the back with Hendo (the Newcastle version), Gini and Fab in midfield.

This is a six point game of the biggest possible order. Win this and the dream is well and truly alive !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:39 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:23 pm wrote:This is our biggest league game in 30 years.

Totally agree, if you sit back and defend against City then you hand all of the initiative to them and they will be all over us like a rash. Go at them like we did in the Champions League last season and we can break them. When we played them at Anfield we weren't at our best but we are playing great stuff now and the team is super confident. 3-1 us.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:22 am

Boocity » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:39 am wrote:

Totally agree, if you sit back and defend against City then you hand all of the initiative to them and they will be all over us like a rash. Go at them like we did in the Champions League last season and we can break them. When we played them at Anfield we weren't at our best but we are playing great stuff now and the team is super confident. 3-1 us.

Yep, their line up's tend to be top heavy and loaded with attacking players, when they have teams pinned back and on the rack that's when they are in their comfort zone.
This City team isn't set up to defend so let's make them defend, let's not play into their hands by sitting back let's drag them out of their comfort zone.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games