Liverpool v Wolves 29/12/2019

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Santa » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:30 am

Just saw the stats with our various CB partnerships since the beginning of last season

VVD/Lovren 0.94 goals/game conceded (17) over 18 games
VVD/Matip 0.67 goals/game conceded (16) over 24 games
VVD/Gomez 0.36 goals/game conceded (5) over 14 games

That is some pretty impressive stats from our current CB partnership  :bowdown ...indisputable or luck of opponents?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:52 pm

I can't wait for Minamino to join the squad.

We have two more tough games coming up.

Good Luck Lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:28 pm

Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:52 am wrote:Probably this is the hardest game LFC ever encountered this season, Wolves was the dominating team on the day and managed to stop Kloop's team function, however, this not surprising at all, when you have the ever-existing useless twin of Firmino & Salah playing without contribution, whereas, both should have been replaced at half time! It was only Mane who was helping the team defending Wolves onslaught. I can't wait for Minamino to join the squad, he will be a direct threat to the useless twin's position in the first team.

I had enough watching those two useless twins over the past two seasons, they both are passengers it is not fair to the rest of the other players.

We have two more tough games coming up, therefore, Klopp has to dig deeper to re-shape his first-team selection in order to grind out more positive results and get us to the finish line with points to spare.

Good Luck Lads

Dominated us? With 37% possession, you're funny. It was a tough game but we had more possession, more shots etc
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:32 pm

They were very effective with their 37%.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Thought we looked tired and there haven’t been many times I could say that this season. Robbo and Gini in particular looked leggy to me. Maybe the Qatar trip caught up with the boys and maybe we were a little lucky we faced a team that only had 1 recovery day while we had 2. Good news is that the boys have 2 weeks without any travel as we have 3 home games on the bounce. Get through the Sheffield Utd game on Thursday and then let our heads rule our heart and rotate heavily for the FA Cup game against Everton on Sunday and then we shouldn’t be too far away from having a few players back from injury.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:21 pm

Reg » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:32 pm wrote:They were very effective with their 37%.

Yes they were but they didn't dominate
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:35 pm

Tommy Smith » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:52 am wrote:Probably this is the hardest game LFC ever encountered this season, Wolves was the dominating team on the day and managed to stop Kloop's team function, however, this not surprising at all, when you have the ever-existing useless twin of Firmino & Salah playing without contribution, whereas, both should have been replaced at half time! It was only Mane who was helping the team defending Wolves onslaught. I can't wait for Minamino to join the squad, he will be a direct threat to the useless twin's position in the first team.

I had enough watching those two useless twins over the past two seasons, they both are passengers it is not fair to the rest of the other players.

We have two more tough games coming up, therefore, Klopp has to dig deeper to re-shape his first-team selection in order to grind out more positive results and get us to the finish line with points to spare.

Good Luck Lads

Woof ffs get rid of this idiot who you banned for racial abuse when he went under the name of Algymoron. He is nothing short of a wind up merchant. There is no way he supports Liverpool.
Last edited by devaney on Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:43 pm

Tricky game to end the year. I went to the match and was never really overly worried. Their offside goal caused a few palpitations!! Alison handled the 2 shots they had on goal without too much fuss. Yes we looked a bit tired. Not too surprising given our intense December schedule. Winning ugly is important. We move on. January however doesn’t get any easier.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:02 pm

Santa » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:30 am wrote:Just saw the stats with our various CB partnerships since the beginning of last season

That is some pretty impressive stats from our current CB partnership  :bowdown ...indisputable or luck of opponents?

Like I said in Joe's thread, him and VVD are just a perfect fit, they complement each other so well. They're both fast, good on the ball and Gomez has no problem listening to Virgil. Gomez and VVD is definitely our best CB pairing at the moment.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:06 pm

damjan193 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:02 pm wrote:
Santa » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:30 am wrote:Just saw the stats with our various CB partnerships since the beginning of last season

Like I said in Joe's thread, him and VVD are just a perfect fit, they complement each other so well. They're both fast, good on the ball and Gomez has no problem listening to Virgil. Gomez and VVD is definitely our best CB pairing at the moment.

From the Mirror
Liverpool target Diego Carlos transfer in search for Virgil van Dijk partner
Jurgen Klopp's side are set to meet defender's £65million release clause after his impressive performances for Sevilla, according to reports from Spain
Liverpool are reportedly targeting another big signing at the centre of defence as they look for the ideal partner for Virgil van Dijk.

Reports from Spain claim Liverpool have already begun negotiations over Sevilla defender Diego Carlos, who real Madrid are believed to have identified as a replacement for Sergio Ramos.
Brazilian defender Carlos has impressed since joining Sevilla from French club Nantes for just £13.5million in the summer.

The 26-year-old is likely to fetch much more than that when he leaves Sevilla, with Liverpool ready to offer £65million for his services, according to a report from Spanish publication Eldesmarque .

Carlos started every La Liga game for Sevilla this season, helping them to third in the table, and Liverpool are reportedly set to swoop for him in the summer.   

Tasty player, if the report is true I wonder what that would mean for Loveren or Matip's future ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby electrum » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm

Santa » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:01 pm wrote:
electrum » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:50 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:29 pm wrote:Cracking game. All credit to Wolves. One or two of their players I wouldn't mind seeing in a red shirt.

I reckon we should put in a cheeky bid for Traore in January, he really looks like he is beginning to fulfil his potential. He looked pretty much unplayable 1 v 1 today. Sometimes breezed past two players like they weren't there.

Imagine what Klopp could do with him with a bit of his coaching never mind Santo.

Get Traore then let Minamino, Mane and Salah run at opposition defenders and you will see real fear in the enemy's eyes  :D

...and let Trent take extra free kick lessons and you will add at least a dozen of goals per season there  :eyebrow

I reckon adding Traore would make us virtually unbeatable (we are almost that already lol) and scare teams into submission before a ball is kicked in anger...the guy has almost as much dribbling ability as Salah but players just bounce off him..absolute powerhouse of a player.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:31 pm

I remember suggesting that we should sign Traore on here about a year ago and was basically laughed at by all and sundry!
To be fair he has improved a lot over the last 12 months, he's a lot better now than he was then and I think he'd improve again working with Jurgen.
I've always thought he has the raw materials (extreme pace, strength, power, can go past a man like they are not there  etc) to be something a bit special.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:18 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:31 pm wrote:I remember suggesting that we should sign Traore on here about a year ago and was basically laughed at by all and sundry!
To be fair he has improved a lot over the last 12 months, he's a lot better now than he was then and I think he'd improve again working with Jurgen.
I've always thought he has the raw materials (extreme pace, strength, power, can go past a man like they are not there  etc) to be something a bit special.

I agree that he has improved - in leaps and bounds by the look of it.
A few months under Klopp could potentially make him even better.
Given that our front 3 will be running on fumes again if we keep going in the cups we need another addition up front.
Minamino plus him + the 3 amigos will  allow us to rotate without any drop off in quality and tear up the league for fun for the next 4-5 years I reckon.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:31 pm wrote:I remember suggesting that we should sign Traore on here about a year ago and was basically laughed at by all and sundry!

With all that muscle he has there is no way he could clock the miles in a match that our players do. You need a lot more oxygen to feed that muscle so I’m not sure he would suit how we play.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games