Liverpool v Man City 10/11/2019

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:26 pm

A game both teams cannot afford to lose so a draw? Don't feel that will be on the minds of Klopp or Pep though. Both will anticipate 3 points.

Feel we need to stamp our authority and win, psychologically put them under pressure.

It will be a terrific occasion.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:09 pm

I think the extra day recovery (and resting of some key players on Tuesday) will help us win this one. City are also plagued with injuries in defence. And now Ederson has picked up an injury and been substituted at half time in their CL game.

I think our front 3 will have a field day against Fernandinho and Stones.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 pm

We really need to go straight at them with all the injured players they have in defence. A real chance to collect possibly the most important 3 points this season.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Hopefully we will take all 3 points but realistically a point wouldn't be a terrible result. It's City at the end of the day and they won't be any push over so the key for us will be to go at them straight from the off and hope our lads have their scoring boots on.

Can't wait for it  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:41 pm

damjan193 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:54 pm wrote:We really need to go straight at them with all the injured players they have in defence. A real chance to collect possibly the most important 3 points this season.

Agree 100%, last season we were far too cautious against them, particularly at Anfield. We need to throw the kitchen sink at them from the off like what we did when we met them in the CL quarters. The crowd have got a big part to play as well, it's not just the players who have to turn up on Sunday, this is arguably our biggest league game in 30 years and I just hope the fans inside the stadium create an atmosphere worthy of the occasion.
When our fans are really, really up for it we are practically impossible to beat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:44 am

We have to go for all 3 points knowing how tough our December is and that we lost a lot of momentum in Jan/Feb last year. We can't take the foot off the pedal now. Go for it Reds!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:08 am

I agree that we have to go after them and go for the win, they are vulnerable and we cant let this opportunity pass as we don’t know how the rest of the season will go.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:48 pm

Personally I'd set up with Gomez and Virgil at CB and push right up the pitch and squeeze them in their own half, I'd press the ***** out of them.
In the past that would have been risky because City had pace to burn all over the pitch but Sane is not available and the likes of Aguero, De Bruyne etc aren't as fleet of foot as they once were, the only real threat in behind would be Sterling but with Gomez in the back 4 all our defenders would be quick and I'd fancy them to match him in a foot race.
This City team isn't as athletic as some of the sides they've had in recent years, we need to run the legs off them and basically outwork and overpower them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:29 am

I am personally sh1ttin' me bags over this game. Win it and we lay down a marker. Don't win it, and I reckon the seeds of doubt are sown.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby damjan193 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:03 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 pm wrote:Personally I'd set up with Gomez and Virgil at CB and push right up the pitch and squeeze them in their own half, I'd press the ***** out of them.
In the past that would have been risky because City had pace to burn all over the pitch but Sane is not available and the likes of Aguero, De Bruyne etc aren't as fleet of foot as they once were, the only real threat in behind would be Sterling but with Gomez in the back 4 all our defenders would be quick and I'd fancy them to match him in a foot race.
This City team isn't as athletic as some of the sides they've had in recent years, we need to run the legs off them and basically outwork and overpower them.

That would be a good plan.

I really think we're in a better position than them for this game, everything is on our side, for once. I see just one small problem for us, Lovren. He always costs us the derbys, I recall last season he was all over the place against City, we conceded two goals because of him. Van Dijk had to basically babysit him for the entire game, and you could tell he was furious.  He's good enough for a back-up but he's always prone to brain dead moments that can cost us a game, and I'm sick of seeing that tbh.

Sadly, Gomez isn't really in form either, infact I'd say he's in even poorer form than Lovren at the moment. Although he does suit us tactically, that doesn't really matter if the player performes poorly. So really, it's a coin toss, anything can happen, with either of them.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 am

bunglemark2 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:29 am wrote:I am personally sh1ttin' me bags over this game.

There's always one............   :ghostface:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:51 am

damjan193 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:03 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:48 pm wrote:Personally I'd set up with Gomez and Virgil at CB and push right up the pitch and squeeze them in their own half, I'd press the ***** out of them.

That would be a good plan.

I really think we're in a better position than them for this game, everything is on our side, for once. I see just one small problem for us, Lovren. He always costs us the derbys, I recall last season he was all over the place against City, we conceded two goals because of him. Van Dijk had to basically babysit him for the entire game, and you could tell he was furious.  He's good enough for a back-up but he's always prone to brain dead moments that can cost us a game, and I'm sick of seeing that tbh.

Sadly, Gomez isn't really in form either, infact I'd say he's in even poorer form than Lovren at the moment. Although he does suit us tactically, that doesn't really matter if the player performes poorly. So really, it's a coin toss, anything can happen, with either of them.

More fundemental than that is whether Klopp will play the 2 wingbacks or like in the United game hold them back as defenders. If defenders then we're back at 4-4-2 and will struggle to contain them as we did United. If he plays wingbacks then your Gomez plan is worth considering. But Gomez is not the key.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:15 am

Before that United game that Reg mentions we were big favourites to not only win but to embaress United in front of their own fans.
That game serves as a good reminder that whatever tactics/line up etc we use the main thing is that we actually turn up on the day. If the players don't play well we won't be getting it done its as simple as that, this City team may not be as formidable as some of the sides they've had in recent years but that doesn't mean they are mugs.
We've eked a lot of results out this season but for this one we are going to have to bring our A game. Last year they took 4 points from a possible 6 against us and missed a late pen to take the lot, we have got to turn up!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:35 am

Launch Sterling into row z in the first 5 minutes  in Gerrard-esque style !! Press the absolute sh.t out of them from the off. Most of all our front three need to be at it !!

And if any idiot is thinking of attacking their coach then don’t. The consequences could be horrendous - POSSIBLE POINTS DEDUCTION !!

COYR

YNWA
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:03 pm

Ederson apparently ruled out as he failed to recover from a muscle injury in time. Bravo steps in to take his place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games