Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 23, 2019 4:28 pm

We have gone sideways or backwards the year after we had 2nd place finishes so hopefully we learned something.

Klopp needs to bring players in because expectations will be higher again next year and if we fail to live up to it he will start feeling the pressure.  We still need better options than we currently have and its worth pointing out that we were lucky regarding injuries this season. I dont have much faith in Ox or Lallana staying fit and think brewster will have limited game time.

A striker, a creative player and a back up L.B sounds good to me.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu May 23, 2019 5:01 pm

woof woof ! » Thu May 23, 2019 7:26 pm wrote:
Reg » Thu May 23, 2019 11:48 am wrote:We have bought 2-3 quality players every summer since Herr Klopp has been here and I expect him to do the same every summer until we win the league. Why would he stop now, is second place good enough?

Can't remember who said it but the comment has always rang true with me.

sic

When you're at the top, don't get complacent, it's the time to make sure you stay there, always seek to improve

Ron Dennis boss of Maclaren in the glory days of Senna and Prost said the most dangerous time was when you were winning because folks would relax and reduce their focus. I guess Dennis and Pep are pretty similar fanatics...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 pm

red till i die!! » Thu May 23, 2019 3:28 pm wrote:We have gone sideways or backwards the year after we had 2nd place finishes so hopefully we learned something.

Klopp needs to bring players in because expectations will be higher again next year and if we fail to live up to it he will start feeling the pressure.  We still need better options than we currently have and its worth pointing out that we were lucky regarding injuries this season. I dont have much faith in Ox or Lallana staying fit and think brewster will have limited game time.

What a fantastic point, absolutely spot on.
When we finished second under Houllier we got rid of Anelka, brought in Diouf, Diao etc and dropped like a stone, when we finished second under Rafa we replaced Alonso with Aquilani and did the same thing and of course under Brendan it was Suarez out and the likes of Lallana and Lambert who came in with the same result.
In fact finishing second with us has proven to be a bit of a poison chalice, it usually marks the beginning of the end for a manager, let's hope Jurgen learns from others mistakes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri May 24, 2019 10:59 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu May 23, 2019 3:28 pm wrote:We have gone sideways or backwards the year after we had 2nd place finishes so hopefully we learned something.

When we finished second under Houllier we got rid of Anelka, brought in Diouf, Diao etc and dropped like a stone, when we finished second under Rafa we replaced Alonso with Aquilani and did the same thing and of course under Brendan it was Suarez out and the likes of Lallana and Lambert who came in with the same result.
In fact finishing second with us has proven to be a bit of a poison chalice, it usually marks the beginning of the end for a manager, let's hope Jurgen learns from others mistakes.

Klopp isn’t going to lose our best players - that’s the clear difference between what happened before and now , plus Klopp is a far better manager and the squad is far better than any of those previous squads

It’s a shame some don’t have more faith in our squad and manager and it’s nothing but impending doom ahead if we don’t spend millions

Do you trust Klopp ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Fri May 24, 2019 12:26 pm

I trust Klopp but more importantly I trust the owners.  We'll reinforce and win the league next year.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Fri May 31, 2019 7:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 23, 2019 8:45 pm wrote:

Yes we need to build on the momentum, Yakka I saw an interview with Anelka who was absolutely gutted we didn't sign him, he considered himself a Liverpool player and said on his move to City that with all respect to City they aren't Liverpool. I was shocked at the time, Houlier blew any chance of winning the league when he made those disastrous signings based on 1 game at the WC.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 pm

Surprised this thread is so quiet...loads and loads of nonsensical and unfounded rumours flying about since Saturday night.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:18 pm

bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:02 pm wrote:Surprised this thread is so quiet...loads and loads of nonsensical and unfounded rumours flying about since Saturday night.

Because hopefully most will have realised they will be nonsense rumours and the club does it work a different way - we won’t know which player arrives until an “actual bid” has happened. Most of the ***** posted on the internet are from click bait sites
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Bruno Fernandes
Nabil Fekir
Memphis Depay
De Ligt
Nicolas Pepe

They are the 5 names most of the top clubs are apparently after.. So our name gets linked to them all.

Just saw Fernandes stats from last year 31 goals and 18 assists from center mid is very good indeed.. Could really do with him not going to United or City.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:42 pm wrote:Bruno Fernandes
Nabil Fekir
Memphis Depay
De Ligt
Nicolas Pepe

They are the 5 names most of the top clubs are apparently after.. So our name gets linked to them all.

Just saw Fernandes stats from last year 31 goals and 18 assists from center mid is very good indeed.. Could really do with him not going to United or City.

Rabiot says he wants to come to Liverpool. I think he's a bit disruptive from stories I've read. From the limited games I've seen, he's a lazy git too...
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:10 pm

Don't want Depay, De Ligt would be a great signing but I'm not sure where that would leave Gomez who to be fair looked absolutely imperious before his injury. Joe's partnership with Virgil was ridiculous, they only conceded something like 5 goals in 14 games or something nuts like that.
Fekir is the name that stands out (we need creativity imo). Madison from Leicester impressed me as the season wound down but I'm not sure wether he is top, top class or another Lallana type (good but no De Bruyne or Silva).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:38 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:42 pm wrote:Bruno Fernandes
Nabil Fekir
Memphis Depay
De Ligt
Nicolas Pepe

The only one that would look like a Klopp signing now is Pepe and he would be the sort of wide player he would look to bring in - not Depay , won’t get a CB or centre mid and the Fekir ship sailed last summer
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 pm

That Dutch lad does look good but how would he fare out in the Prem. Gomez has already shown that he can perform in the league so imo he should be the one we should be looking to partner with Virgil. For the money he would cost it would see him climb joe in the pecking order as well.

Wouldn't want Depay either  :no I'd sooner see Wilson get a season with us to see if he can step up.

Anyway hopefully we start to make moves soon.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 pm

Only Klopp, Edwards and the LFC board know who our transfer targets are.  And with Moreno, Sturridge and Cylne leaving, I think we'll see 3 or 4 new arrivals.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:07 pm

The amount of money we made last year from TV rights is astounding. If even half of it is reinvested in players, we'll pick up a couple or more star signings..
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill