Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 20, 2019 11:38 am

I think we're going to be strongly linked to Mbappe after he told PSG he wants to leave this summer. We were linked with him 2 years ago and Fabinho tried to get him to join us last year.

I don't think top players have seen us as a big team over the years.. But with Klopp at the helm and 3 European finals in 4 years maybe now the top players see us as one of the best teams in the world.

If we come away this summer with Mbappe and De Ligt then I think we genuinely have the best team we've ever had.

All that aside I can't see it happening...
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon May 20, 2019 1:47 pm

We can't afford Mbappe and we don't need him. That's City's way of doing things, not ours.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 20, 2019 3:55 pm

De Ligt is destined for Barca it think just the formalities are probably left now.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm

woof woof ! » Mon May 20, 2019 6:45 am wrote:General consensus seems to be that we won't spending big this summer. Not sure of the reasons behind that thinking.

We stand to make some money from players we off load plus I read we're set to receive around a 100 million from our Champions league run so surely it's not that we don't have cash to spend ?

Perhaps Jurgen is happy with his "First Eleven" and thinks a couple of decent back up players is all that's needed ?

Can't say I'd agree if that is the thinking   :(

That's pretty much how I feel as well.
Good post, sums it up nicely in a few short sentences.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Blimey - it’s woe is me all over again , you have done nothing but run the team down all season long

The team doesn’t need major changes - it needs a few additions on the sidelines to boost the squad but we aren’t going to go mad in the summer

The team is far better than people give credit - we will go again and maybe people will have more trust in our managers judgement
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 20, 2019 9:48 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 20, 2019 6:56 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Mon May 20, 2019 6:45 am wrote:General consensus seems to be that we won't spending big this summer. Not sure of the reasons behind that thinking.

We stand to make some money from players we off load plus I read we're set to receive around a 100 million from our Champions league run so surely it's not that we don't have cash to spend ?

Perhaps Jurgen is happy with his "First Eleven" and thinks a couple of decent back up players is all that's needed ?

Agree also.

Hopefully its just him playing things down.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue May 21, 2019 9:18 am

So what are the expectations of people on both sides? Those who are concerned by the Twitter/newspaper reports, do you think we should go out and buy four £50mil+ players? Those on the other side, do you think that we simply need one or two £20mil+ players?

Personally I’d be satisfied if we buy a quality AM for the first eleven, a quality front three player to support/push Firmino, Salah and Mane, and cover/competition for Robertson. I don’t care how much those players cost as long as they improve us. Say for example we got Fekir, Werner and Sessegnon I’d be happy.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 21, 2019 9:48 am

red till i die!! » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm wrote:

Agree also.

Remember Klopp saying we don’t need a keeper after Karius multiple mistakes, all the while he was chasing Allison. I’m sure we will strengthen this summer.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue May 21, 2019 9:52 am

red till i die!! » Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm wrote:

Agree also.

Remember Klopp saying we don’t need a keeper after Karius multiple mistakes, all the while he was chasing Allison. I’m sure we will strengthen this summer. I don’t think we need major changes, just a tweek here and there. Our players will be better next year as we are a young team that is improving, changing the dynamics too much will be counter productive so I trust the manager to sort it out.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Allegedly asking 25M for Wilson. And some 31 year old from Werder Bremen being linked with us.
Silly season continues...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue May 21, 2019 8:18 am wrote:So what are the expectations of people on both sides? Those who are concerned by the Twitter/newspaper reports, do you think we should go out and buy four £50mil+ players? Those on the other side, do you think that we simply need one or two £20mil+ players?

Personally I’d be satisfied if we buy a quality AM for the first eleven, a quality front three player to support/push Firmino, Salah and Mane, and cover/competition for Robertson. I don’t care how much those players cost as long as they improve us. Say for example we got Fekir, Werner and Sessegnon I’d be happy.

I wouldn't be unhappy with that, cant say I'm that convinced by Werner like but I've only seen YouTube clips of the lad so I'm probably not the best person to judge him.
A quality forward, AM and LB would do me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 22, 2019 10:06 pm

Dortmund have signed Julian Brandt. Would have loved him here but he was adamant he wants to stick to Germany.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu May 23, 2019 11:13 am

I do feel like we will strengthen this summer
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 23, 2019 11:48 am

We have bought 2-3 quality players every summer since Herr Klopp has been here and I expect him to do the same every summer until we win the league. Why would he stop now, is second place good enough?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Reg » Thu May 23, 2019 11:48 am wrote:We have bought 2-3 quality players every summer since Herr Klopp has been here and I expect him to do the same every summer until we win the league. Why would he stop now, is second place good enough?

Can't remember who said it but the comment has always rang true with me.

sic

When you're at the top, don't get complacent, it's the time to make sure you stay there, always seek to improve

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill