Whats on tv  ? - Stuff to watch

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby redshade » Thu May 16, 2019 4:41 am

Disappointing episode to say the least. I think theu butchered Denerys character.
Didn't expect that at all....
Also death of Cersie was lame.

What do you guys make of it..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sat May 18, 2019 1:32 am

redshade » Thu May 16, 2019 10:41 am wrote:Disappointing episode to say the least. I think theu butchered Denerys character.
Didn't expect that at all....
Also death of Cersie was lame.

What do you guys make of it..

I don't mind where the story has gone and I knew with the overwhelming hype especially after the years break.
The show was always going to be on a hiding for nothing from fans depending on the ending.
However the speed and contrivances to get up to this point has been a bit of letdown.

Your right Daenerys character arc after all seasons hasn't been given any favours by this season's speed or for that matter the Night King story.

I didnt mind Cersie demise though it seemed to be in line with inglorious deaths of few other characters on this show.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 18, 2019 4:48 am

Yup the speed of this season has been tragically poor to say the least. If they wanted to turn Danny into the mad queen they should have given it some time, developed her mental downfall. From her ending one of the slave masters for killing a youth to her burning thousands of kids is ridiculous to say the least. I would have preferred had she headed to the red keep had a face off with Cersie and burnt her.

I'm disappointed with this season to be honest.
It has been poorly executed. A lot of the characters just seem out of sync. Jamies redemption story has been completely pointless. Tyrion is made to seem like a complete buffoon. John "yes man" Snow is a bystander. The 3 eyed raven "Brandon" is the most futile character of all.

The only thing i enjoyed about the episode was Cleganeball.

Let us see what happens in the final episode......
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 18, 2019 4:11 pm

redshade » Sat May 18, 2019 3:48 am wrote:Yup the speed of this season has been tragically poor to say the least. If they wanted to turn Danny into the mad queen they should have given it some time, developed her mental downfall. From her ending one of the slave masters for killing a youth to her burning thousands of kids is ridiculous to say the least. I would have preferred had she headed to the red keep had a face off with Cersie and burnt her.

I'm disappointed with this season to be honest.
It has been poorly executed. A lot of the characters just seem out of sync. Jamies redemption story has been completely pointless. Tyrion is made to seem like a complete buffoon. John "yes man" Snow is a bystander. The 3 eyed raven "Brandon" is the most futile character of all.

The only thing i enjoyed about the episode was Cleganeball.

Let us see what happens in the final episode......

The last episode was feckin lame guys...

Those who think it was all foreshadowed are just too easily pleased. They haven't seen good shows and how they tie up the loose ends before. Just a couple of scenes of Danaerys depressed and we need to accept she's gone all Mad Tagaryen? Ridiculous!

As for the final episode, I'm not holding by breath redshade. They've already ruined this...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat May 18, 2019 6:32 pm

Yup such an epic show with a poor ending... I remember the show "lost" was one of my favourites before GOT. I was gutted with that ending because i found it lame. GOT for me has surpassed any other show and to destroy it like this is just cruel. The ending of Lost i kind of embraced it to an extent but GOT for me is a hard one to swallow.

Last episode will be another shyte one as many of the actors are not happy with how it ended.

After GOT I'm going to give Vikings a shot.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 20, 2019 7:20 pm

Season 8 was as far removed from Martins writing as is plausible.I thought Season 6 was on the cusp and 7 was loitering without any real intent but season 8 was that distant relative nobody really wants knocking at their door.

The installments leading up to the conclusion were pieced together as neatly as Qyburns suturing and the real shame is we cant blame Disney. The whole season was thrown together by writers who put their faith in CGI rather than the politics that made this series so intriguing. I was less than enamored when two of the greatest strategists in the show and the most delightfully duplicitous were killed off in the limpest way imaginable in Little Finger and Varys. As for the metamorphosis of Daenerys,I think fucking Anakin Skywalkers descent into darkness had more depth than Danys transition. The politics and deception in this show made it the most watchable series ever ,how they could omit the two vital ingredients that made this so engrossing to watch is laughable.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue May 21, 2019 1:42 am

One of the worst endings ever i can't believe how they messed up this show. Bran
as king ffs finally the futile 3 eye raven has a role. Pathetic writing from those clowns.
Last edited by redshade on Tue May 21, 2019 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 21, 2019 2:10 am

Worst ending ever!!!
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 21, 2019 3:09 am

Just can't get how they have mutilated this show. I loved this show so much that i was going to rewatch it after it finishes. No way now after that pathetic ending. Tbh the way the ending was so poor they could've made Samwell Tarley the king and Sir davos commander of the Army. Anyone could have been in any role.

All other episodes apart from  the last 2 have got rating 8 and above. Final episode a 4.2.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Tue May 21, 2019 8:41 am

Very disappointing and I wasn't expecting that much after all hype.

Not really sure why they needed an extra year as it felt so rushed.
They couldn't even be arsed dealing with Vengeful unsullied and dothraki situation and just time jumped it a few weeks.
Real lazy plot device that one

Really must have blown the budget on dragon fx and not writers as Drogon was best thing in that episode

Happiest person must be George Martin, whatever he writes now the fans will love after that.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue May 21, 2019 11:48 am

George Martin was fully involved in writing the ending with the writers of the show

When he does the books the ending will be the same , the battles will be the same just will have a lot more meat on it as you expect from the books

I thought the ending was perfect

Very harrowing at the start with the devastation and then Daenerys clearly wanting full vengeance and revenge which had taken her off - her ending was the only way to go because Drogon wouldn’t touch Jon because of his heritage

Jon Snow went full circle and ended up back to where he was happiest - with the free folk

Sansa had a great journey from little miss prim and proper to the Queen of the North - father would be proud

It then allowed Arya to be the free spirit she always was going to be

Bran was the logical choice - he didn’t want the role but that was the reason why he should have got it

The small council at the end - full of losers throughout the whole series and end up being the ones to change the future

It was the perfect way to end - nice and calm
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue May 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Couldn't give a rat's ar$e about GoT.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue May 21, 2019 3:35 pm

laza » Tue May 21, 2019 8:41 am wrote:Very disappointing and I wasn't expecting that much after all hype.

Not really sure why they needed an extra year as it felt so rushed.
They couldn't even be arsed dealing with Vengeful unsullied and dothraki situation and just time jumped it a few weeks.
Real lazy plot device that one

Really must have blown the budget on dragon fx and not writers as Drogon was best thing in that episode

Happiest person must be George Martin, whatever he writes now the fans will love after that.

Exactly it was rushed and poorly executed. I think the clowns have got their minds on Star wars which they may screw up.

The last 2 episodes felt like they were fan made, amateur at best.

If the plan all along was to turn her into the mad queen then what they should have done this season is show us her mental breakdown.
Ideally the battle with the Knight king should've lasted for 2 episodes. With general progress of Dannys mental demise we could've ended the season with her massacre. They then could've made another full season showing her reign, battles here and there and John with his crew trying to dethrone her.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 pm

What an awful season, destroyed the whole series. They probably knew they'd have the views no matter what they write, so decided not to bother.

Before the season started there was a leaked script that revealed the ending, thought it was a joke, turns out it wasn't. Shame really.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:18 pm

On Netflix. The Twelfth Man. Set in WWII in Norway. Fantastic movie and a true story.
Highly recommended.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum