After 29 LONG years, this is finally our season

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby eds » Thu May 16, 2019 1:29 am

devaney » Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 pm wrote:

It’s one thing the fans behaving like complete and utter morons but frankly I would’ve expected a little bit better from the players. A tad sad really.

More of an impetus for us to rub their noses with 6 EUROPEAN CUPS in a few week's time.

Just to show them how small time that are and ALWAYS will be.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Thu May 16, 2019 9:53 am

Well, they maybe banned from CL next season...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 am

Please some one, now start the.. :.. "After 30 LONG years, this is finally our season".. Thread....

I'm waiting for it...

Then, after 31 long years, 32 etc etc..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby devaney » Fri May 17, 2019 9:32 am

Red Rum - why don’t you do us all a favour and fk off. You’re  just a WUM and certainly not a Liverpool supporter. I suspect you are a bitter so this is just for you:

Since Everton Last Won A Trophy...

They have spent £314,945,500.00 - More than any other top flight team in the world without winning anything.

They have signed 149 new players.

Players that have left for other clubs have won a combined 83 trophies.

Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Swansea and Wigan have all won domesic trophies.

Their neighbours Liverpool have won 11 trophies, including UEFA Champions League, The UEFA Cup, The Super Cup twice, The F.A. Cup twice and The League Cup three times.

An entire generation of Everton fans have never seen them lift a trophy.

Everton’s last win at Anfield was in September 1999, so there’s a good chance few under the age of 25 would even remember it.

In 2018 Everton were voted the most depressing team to support in the UK

Merseyside powershift they said....  :laugh:

AND BLUES WANNA LAUGH AT LIVERPOOL FOR FINISHING 2ND AND MAKING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Long live the Lonsdale pitch invaders
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Fri May 17, 2019 10:54 am

devaney » Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 am wrote:Red Rum - why don’t you do us all a favour and fk off. You’re  just a WUM and certainly not a Liverpool supporter. I suspect you are a bitter so this is just for you:

They have spent £314,945,500.00 - More than any other top flight team in the world without winning anything.

Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth, Birmingham, Swansea and Wigan have all won domesic trophies.

Their neighbours Liverpool have won 11 trophies, including UEFA Champions League, The UEFA Cup, The Super Cup twice, The F.A. Cup twice and The League Cup three times.

Everton’s last win at Anfield was in September 1999, so there’s a good chance few under the age of 25 would even remember it.

AND BLUES WANNA LAUGH AT LIVERPOOL FOR FINISHING 2ND AND MAKING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Clearly an idiot with too much time on his hands
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 12:21 pm

devaney » Fri May 17, 2019 8:32 am wrote:Red Rum - why don’t you do us all a favour and fk off. You’re  just a WUM and certainly not a Liverpool supporter. I suspect you are a bitter so this is just for you:

You seem to know a lot about Everton!! Hmmm!!?

I'm a red and how many trophies have we won since 2012 ???

We've won just THREE trophies in the last 16 years, since 2002-03. One FA Cup, Champions league, and one league Cup.

That sort of return is not good enough for a club which keeps giving its managers 300m+ to spend.

I'm. Not depressing, but it can be a rollecoaster being an LFC fan sometimes. :( that's why we need to win in Madrid for sure.

Tell me, Mr. "football knowledge"..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Fri May 17, 2019 12:40 pm

Aren't you enjoying the rollercoaster...….
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Fri May 17, 2019 1:58 pm

I know very little about our bitter neighbours but I can copy and paste  :laugh:  It was just a little present for you in return for all the ***** you shower down on us !! Mate far to often you sound very entitled. As you said it’s a rollercoaster and if you don’t like it then get off.
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat May 18, 2019 11:23 am

Anyway, Everton finished with 54 pts. 43 pts from us and 20 points from relegation zone... :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sat May 18, 2019 11:17 pm

Red Rum » Fri May 17, 2019 1:40 am wrote:Please some one, now start the.. :.. "After 30 LONG years, this is finally our season".. Thread....

I'm waiting for it...

Then, after 31 long years, 32 etc etc..

If you can’t see how far we have progressed under Klopp then there really is no helping you sonny Jim.

We are one of the best teams in Europe that took a filthy cheating Man City all the way to the last day of the title. In what was really down to only a few inches, I will repeat that again so it sinks in......a few inches.....they came out on top. If you had any belief like everyone else on this forum it’s that we will do one better next season and finally win it.

We have a champions league to win, that I’m sure all of our players will be burning for after last year’s defeat against Madrid (ironically). So as Dev mentioned stop your moaning, have a coke if you need to, chill the f**k out and enjoy the ride like the rest of us.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby Red Rum » Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 am

Eds it's a weird fcking feeling pal. Sorry for being a party popper. I'm just mulling over klopps reign and legacy.. So far..

97 points (more than fergie ever got), and not winning the league..

3.5 seasons in charge.. 400m spent. No trophies, and no further than the fourth round in the league or FA Cups. Four finals now... And I really hope we do it this time, although I think spurs will give us a harder game than Ajax.

I'm not just moaning like a bitch, and the good thing is, although man City have won everything domestically we can TRUMP THAT if we win the European Cup. They will be so jealous.. Ha ha.

I just hope we do it..

I know Klopp knows his stuff, I just don't want to see his reign in vein like brendan Rodgers who spent 300m+ as well..
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 19, 2019 5:45 am

So If we lose against Spurs then shall we sack him???

Sorry mate but your assessment on Klopp is poor. You keep banging on about how much his spent but you don't take account players his sold and positions he needed to fill. Also i know you don't like Net spend.....

Klopp has already exceeded BR, isn't even a match for him.

Every season he has been here we've hit a Euro final. Even IF we lose to Spurs i want Klopp here for 10 more years please!!
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Mon May 20, 2019 3:15 am

Red Rum » Sun May 19, 2019 12:03 am wrote:
3.5 seasons in charge.. 400m spent. No trophies, and no further than the fourth round in the league or FA Cups. Four finals now... And I really hope we do it this time, although I think spurs will give us a harder game than Ajax.

The Bodge spent 296 million on (mostly dross) players in his time here and what did he achieve?

1st season - 7th
2nd season - 2nd
3rd season - 6th
4th incomplete season - 8th (even though Klopp took over)

UEFA Cup competition nothing
CL competition nothing
FA Cup - semi finals (were as far as we got)
League Cup - semi finals (were as far as we got)

One good season and some people on here lost their minds on what a "great manager" he was.......

Compare that to Klopp:

1st incomplete season - 8th
2nd season - 4th
3rd season - 3rd
4th season - 2nd

1 UEFA Cup final
2 CL Cup finals (with potential of a trophy)
FA Cup - semi finals (were as far as we got)
1 League Cup final

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise just how far we have come under Klopp and what he is building.

Once we win our first trophy the flood gates will open. We have just been very unlucky in finals, and we aim to rectify that in 2 weeks time.

:buttrock

eds

Postby devaney » Mon May 20, 2019 7:43 am

Eds not that long ago some people on here castigated the owners and simply wanted them to fk off !!  :laugh:

I don’t think anybody lost their minds thinking Rogers was a great manager. Sometimes you just have to support what you’ve got however bitter it tastes. Just because some of us didn’t go into chronic whinge mode doesn’t mean we thought he was the new Shankly or Paisley. Yes Rogers bought an incredible amount of ***** but he was limited to what he could spend. Yes he bought players costing £300m but at a time when FSG were desperately trying to rectify the financial headache they inherited from H & G (aka The Muppet Show) he had to sell players valuing £190m. The reality in net terms is that he actually spent less than £40m a year. Add in the profit from Coutinho a couple of years down the line and it wouldn’t be unreasonable to say he probably showed a profit on his (transfer committee) transfer dealings.

Let’s agree on one thing, that Klopp brings home number 6. Ffs the lad deserves it !!
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon May 20, 2019 9:02 am

No point arguing about the owners, as we will never see eye to eye on that.

Let's just hope we bringing home number 6 finally unites on something Dev.

I agree Klopp and our boys deserve something major out this season.

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion