Trent Alexander-Arnold official thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:43 am

red till i die!! » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:21 am wrote:
Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm wrote:He was class last night. It makes a huge difference to your attacking play when you have fullbacks who can pass and cross with real quality. Truth is that at the top teams (which we can now say we are), the fullbacks spend more time being part of the attack then the defence so there in point having fullbacks who are “solid”. Trent brings another dimension to our attack and I can see Hoever going on to become his deputy initially (before moving to CB) as Clyne is sold in the summer and Milner is phased out next season as his contract comes to an end.

Milners contract ends in June this year and he should be let go imo. Hopefully its with a league medal to reward him for his service but we do need to upgrade.

Don't be daft Red, he's good enough, he brings maturity and experience and he's an ambassador for the club. He's our Stevie/Carra style team bonder.

Get rid of MORENO, Lallana, Studge and Origi first before changing something that isn't broken!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:12 am

red till i die!! » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:21 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:16 pm wrote:He was class last night. It makes a huge difference to your attacking play when you have fullbacks who can pass and cross with real quality. Truth is that at the top teams (which we can now say we are), the fullbacks spend more time being part of the attack then the defence so there in point having fullbacks who are “solid”. Trent brings another dimension to our attack and I can see Hoever going on to become his deputy initially (before moving to CB) as Clyne is sold in the summer and Milner is phased out next season as his contract comes to an end.

Milners contract ends in June this year and he should be let go imo. Hopefully its with a league medal to reward him for his service but we do need to upgrade.

It expires next summer. I think there was an option of a 1 year extension that we activated quite a while back. TBF he always comes out 1st in the pre-season fitness tests so I wouldn't be against us giving him a short term extension as a squad player who can multiple positions but I think the squad may have evolved past that point by then and he will be redundant.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Reg » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:43 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:21 am wrote:

Don't be daft Red, he's good enough, he brings maturity and experience and he's an ambassador for the club. He's our Stevie/Carra style team bonder.

Get rid of MORENO, Lallana, Studge and Origi first before changing something that isn't broken!

I agree we should be getting rid of the above mentioned Reg and wouldn't argue against it. If what P.C said above is true as in contracted till 06/20 then I have no qualms with that but at the time of posting Google told me it was 06/19 and cited by a couple of sources with one of them being the echo  :laugh: .

I have nowt against Milner at all and think he has been a very good servant for us but its not every game that he plays well in or every position either. I get that he plays ahead of natural players like Clyne and Moreno but that is more down to Klopp trusting him ahead of the others rather than him being better than them.(Ok maybe better than Moreno  :D ) . His age is against him and you can see him wane physically in competitive games because of it, ie: unable to cross a ball or even stay on his feet when trying. He plays too many games as it is and it probably wont be any different next season if he is still contracted. If he is still one of the first names on the team sheet also then its hard to see how we are progressing.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bennieAnera » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:12 am

count me in , great targets,ill have to do a little eenymeenyminymo on which steel sighted Mosin to use  lol
When will the official steel sight target be available?
bennieAnera
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:39 am

You're freakin' , why don't you go join a Star Wars forum?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 am

Some twisted weirdos we are getting these days.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:01 pm

Trent injured and out for a few weeks, I hope it is just precautionary, thankfully it will keep him out of the internationals however, hoping his back for the City game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:25 pm

Apparently it's hamstring. Those usually take at least 4 weeks to recover, while we play City in 3 weeks. Could be a very minor strain though and it might take less time to recover so hopefully he'll be ready for the City game because we really can't afford to be without him in that game. There's just no one to replace him for such a big game.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:19 pm

Hmmmmm........this seems very similar to the sort of "injuries" Man Utd players used to get under Ferguson just before international duty. Trent wouldn't have played against Forest in the cup on the weekend anyway. Southgate clearly prefers Walker, Trippier, and James. So maybe Trent doesn't fancy going away with England for 2 meaningless friendlies. He has bigger fish to fry this season with the League, Champions League, and FA Cup, all up for grabs. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts against Watford immediately after the international break.
Eagle

Postby devaney » Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Eagle » Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:19 pm wrote:Hmmmmm........this seems very similar to the sort of "injuries" Man Utd players used to get under Ferguson just before international duty. Trent wouldn't have played against Forest in the cup on the weekend anyway. Southgate clearly prefers Walker, Trippier, and James. So maybe Trent doesn't fancy going away with England for 2 meaningless friendlies. He has bigger fish to fry this season with the League, Champions League, and FA Cup, all up for grabs. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts against Watford immediately after the international break.

Eagle - I hope your disgracefully cynical view of the situation is accurate !!  :laugh:  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:56 pm

Eagle » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:19 pm wrote:Hmmmmm........this seems very similar to the sort of "injuries" Man Utd players used to get under Ferguson just before international duty. Trent wouldn't have played against Forest in the cup on the weekend anyway. Southgate clearly prefers Walker, Trippier, and James. So maybe Trent doesn't fancy going away with England for 2 meaningless friendlies. He has bigger fish to fry this season with the League, Champions League, and FA Cup, all up for grabs. Wouldn't surprise me if he starts against Watford immediately after the international break.
yep, I thought exactly the same. Its abit of mindgames.. I think he'll probably miss the Watford game and play the midweek game vs Benfica and then play against City the weekend after.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:14 pm

I hope Eagle is right, Trent would be a massive loss particularly against City if genuinely injured.
With a world cup coming up later this year though I'm not sure he'd be pulling out of an England squad unless he really had to.
Especially with England having a reasonable chance of winning the thing.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:42 am

I see he's made a miraculous recovery and is on the bench.  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:04 pm

MOTM for me.  That pass was simply from another planet.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:36 am

I know we lived in a clown world right now but this takes the cake (I know it's a baseless sh1t but it still irks me :laugh:)

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/barcelona-trent-alexander-arnold-liverpool-24666519

Apparently they can't afford to pay players salaries that they owed but someone think they still have the cloud to buy up every players out there  :no  :veryangry
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion