LIVERPOOL v Tottenham Sun 31st March 4.30pm K.O

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:54 pm

I cant stand these international breaks, they are boring as *****. Huge game when we come back though, still near a week away mind but what the hell I thought I'd start a thread anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 am

I'm glad we're at Anfield and not away at their new stadium... They'll be pumped up for the full 90 minutes on all remaining home games backed 101% by the crowd. Won't be easy games for visitors for the rest of the season.

So that includes the first leg of the CL semi against City, then City away in the second leg, followed by City away in the league. It's a shame that league game isn't at home.

Every game now for the Reds is a World Cup Final.  I pray we pip them 2-0.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 am

Just the three points needed, any which way.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby redshade » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 am

This will be a major one i really hope we pull through and snap 3 points.

I feel anxious about this one but think we will edge it.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:14 pm

City are up first in the 12.30 KO on Saturday so there will be a little bit more pressure on us Sunday. We need to win this one  :nod .

Have we picked up an Injuries from the Internationals ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:21 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:14 pm wrote:Have we picked up an Injuries from the Internationals ?.

I think not. In fact, I think we have no injuries at this moment. Trent is a slight doubt but he'll probably be available. Even Gomez and Ox are not injured anymore, but are not match fit yet.

Anyway, no need for calculations, it's a must win, as is every remaining game until the end of the season, or until City slip up twice (which is unlikely to happen). We all know how the defence and attack will look, but I'm not sure who will start in midfield. Gini and Fabinho are certain to start IMO, so the 3rd slot will be either Hendo or Milner I think.

This is what we might see:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Gini
Milner

Salah
Mane
Firmino
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:43 pm

On the back of tonight's Echo they are saying Trent is a serious doubt for Sunday.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:49 pm

damjan193 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:21 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:14 pm wrote:Have we picked up an Injuries from the Internationals ?.

I think not. In fact, I think we have no injuries at this moment. Trent is a slight doubt but he'll probably be available. Even Gomez and Ox are not injured anymore, but are not match fit yet.

Anyway, no need for calculations, it's a must win, as is every remaining game until the end of the season, or until City slip up twice (which is unlikely to happen). We all know how the defence and attack will look, but I'm not sure who will start in midfield. Gini and Fabinho are certain to start IMO, so the 3rd slot will be either Hendo or Milner I think.

This is what we might see:

Alisson

Trent
Matip
VVD
Robertson

Fabinho
Gini
Milner

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Cheers Damjan.

If Trent is unavailable maybe Klopp will be tempted to throw Gomez in his place.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 pm

Is Gomez fit? I'd certainly rather see him at RB than Milner or Hendo, they were a pair of liabilities when they played there the other week.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:04 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:Is Gomez fit? I'd certainly rather see him at RB than Milner or Hendo, they were a pair of liabilities when they played there the other week.

He definitely couldn't be match fit anyway but that hasn't stopped Klopp before from playing them. A not match fit Gomez might still be a better option than the other 2. Fabinho is another option but as with the other 2 he will weaken us going forward and the midfield will be weaker without him.

Maybe 3 at the back ?

Allison.
                                    Gomez          Matip       Virgil. 

Fabinho.

Henderson     Keita       Gini.

Salah                    Fabinho             Mane.

Who would want to be a manager  :D
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:36 am

red till i die!! » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:Is Gomez fit? I'd certainly rather see him at RB than Milner or Hendo, they were a pair of liabilities when they played there the other week.

He definitely couldn't be match fit anyway but that hasn't stopped Klopp before from playing them. A not match fit Gomez might still be a better option than the other 2. Fabinho is another option but as with the other 2 he will weaken us going forward and the midfield will be weaker without him.

Maybe 3 at the back ?

Allison.

Fabinho.

Agreed with you mate. We'll thrash them for sure like this, they'll be too preoccupied with the two Fabinhos on the field :D

Jokes aside though, no way we'll be playing Gomez against Spurs, at least not right from the off. If TAA can't make it it's going to be Milner instead of him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 am

Not a chance in hell that Gomez starts and probably won't even make the bench. He's only just returned to training having had two operations and not played for months.

Trent's injury doesn't sound too bad so hopefully he'll play. Just really about who plays in midfield.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:33 am

damjan193 wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 am wrote:

Maybe 3 at the back ?

Allison.

Fabinho.

We'll thrash them for sure like this, they'll be too preoccupied with the two Fabinhos on the field :D.

Doh!!  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:34 pm

It's crunch time now, with just 7 games to go any dropped points from here on in will probably mean the end of our title challenge.
It's been one hell of a ride these last 7 to 8 months, it would be a shame if it ended on Sunday.
Let's win those 3 points
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Yip- 3 points it has to be ..Let's hope the crowd get right behind the team and do not let up no matter what.

I don't even want to consider a loss as in all likelihood it would place City 1 point ahead of us with a game in hand. (They have Fulham and Cardiff next which should be 6 points for them).

That would mean they need to lose two out of their last 6 games for us to pip them; which is extremely unlikely.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games