LIVERPOOL v Burnley Sun 10th March 12.00 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Pig Catcher » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 pm wrote:
electrum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:53 am wrote:One week of form in training warrants a start? I suppose the lads were going in on him full pelt like Burnley will in those sessions?

Lallana is a skilful silky player when on form but spends more time on his a--e than his feet against physical opponents...

I wonder if Jurgen Klopp knows more about football and the form of his squad than us?

PC - posts like this are pretty redundant. Why even bother coming on a discussion forum if you want Klopp's take on everything?

Just copy and paste his program notes on to your device and read them over a few times ...
Last edited by electrum on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Good game, total control apart from a minor wobble at the end.

Lallana again showing that despite his critics, when fit he's a "duracell bunny"  i.e. he'll run and run and run !

Allied to that his skill on the ball is up there with any other midfielder we currently have.

Just hoping the fella can stay fit .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:09 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:08 pm wrote:Good game, total control apart from a minor wobble at the end.

Lallana again showing that despite his critics, when fit he's a "duracell bunny"  i.e. he'll run and run and run !

Allied to that his skill on the ball is up there with any other midfielder we currently have.

Would love nothing more than Lallana to replicate his form. He was the first name on team sheet before he was struck down with a catalogue of injuries
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:13 pm

7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm wrote:
woof woof ! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:08 pm wrote:Good game, total control apart from a minor wobble at the end.

Would love nothing more than Lallana to replicate his form. He was the first name on team sheet before he was struck down with a catalogue of injuries

He's also more prone to more injuries due to his age, also. So it's a case of.. Do we stick or twist with him in the summer transfer window!?

He does offer more than Hendo / Milner going forward though, all day long, as those two mostly offer zilch.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:13 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:09 pm wrote:

He's also more prone to more injuries due to his age, also. So it's a case of.. Do we stick or twist with him in the summer transfer window!?

He does offer more than Hendo / Milner going forward though, all day long, as those two mostly offer zilch.

One thing that has bugged me for some time about Lallana, it might sound silly, but I remember after his run of form a couple of seasons ago, as soon as he got his big new deal he started with the low form and his injuries etc. Now his time here is almost up (and so is his contract), and he starts performing extra hard in training and in games. It might be a coincidence but it bugs me.

He played well today but I would still get rid in the summer, get a few mil out of him. He'll be 31 next season anyway.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Well done guys a nice 3 points we had a few bumps but were comfortable. Surprised as many with the inclusion of Lallana however he did perform well.

Goid to see Bobby get a couple, shame Salah wasn't on the scoresheet.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Lallana probably knows this is the last chance saloon in terms of getting a first team place, so his performances will improve I'm sure to prove his worth, with Shaqiri, Keita and Hendo sitting on the bench, and Ox coming back into the fold.

They all just need a kick up the asss to get the best out of them.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Decent performance in the end and we scored 4 but slightly marred by conceding 2. The first should have been a free out  :nod but our lads have got to be blocking those runs in the first place. You can't allow 3 players bearing down on top of the keeper like that.  Still we responded well when we went behind which was the perfect reaction.

Lallana played well and provided a link up between the mid and fwd line which we needed. Don't think he is the answer myself but he deserved MOTM today. Good to see Bobby turn up again and get on the scoresheet. Him coming into a bit of form at this stage of the season would be a blessing!!. Salah was unlucky to not get a goal and works tirelessly but I think defenders have cottoned on to him and are biding their time in challenges which usually ends up with him running out of options or space. Mane again played well but how he put that one over is a mystery. It had to of been harder to miss that than score it  :D

Disappointed Shaq isn't getting much game time lately. At least ahead of Sturridge anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:25 am

Going to single out Lallana as my MOTM.

I thought he was top class considering this was (I think), his fourth start of the season.

When Klopp first arrived, Lallana was so often the trigger in our press and he resumed that today which is what this midfield has been lacking recently to the extent Lallana showed. Mane's first goal was all about Lallana's sliding challenge and pressing on the edge of their box. Not only that, the lad can play a bit too, he has good feet, good control and know's when to realise the ball and when to hold it up. His decision making is usually spot on too. I thought he was great and found rather telling that another personal favourite of mine (Gini), was substituted before him as I didn't expect Lallana to last more than 60 mins but his performance and influence on the game was so much that taking him off at that time would have been counter-productive to the way we had been playing up until that point with him in the team.

Also, special praise for this must go to Jurgen who I believe was strongly criticised beforehand on social media for starting Lallana - so well done boss.

Lallana on that performance can inject more hunger and productivity into the remaining leg of this campaign just when we appeared to be needing this the most.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:48 am

Lallana did play well, as you say Ken he led from the front in terms of trying to instigate our press and whilst imo he lacks end product he is undoubtably better on the ball than any of our other midfield options (bar maybe Shaq) and he does help the front 3 out.
I said this a few weeks ago - even though Lallana's career here has been largely a tale of disappointment if he strung together 8 great performances between now and the end of the season to help us win the title the previous 4 years would be completely forgotten, he would become an instant club legend.
Yesterday was a good start but can he keep it up? The problem with Lallana is that he is so inconsistent, as a fan you are reticent to hang your hopes on him because you just know that next game he'll probably let you down.
Adam isn't getting any younger, this is his opportunity to stamp his name on football history, he's 30 years old and has tons of experience, he needs to use that experience to plug that gaping AM sized hole in our team.
He needs to lead from the front just like he did yesterday, we look a completely different side when we press high up the pitch but a lot of our players seem to have forgotten how to do it, Lallana needs to show them how it's done.
If he can lead our press and give the front 3 some much needed support he can still write his name in the stars.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Franky000 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:01 am

It could be that we’ve postponed our pressing game until the final hurdle.....if so, lallana will be key to that.
Franky000

Postby Red Rum » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 pm

With Lallana it's all about consistency. If we Klopp were to play him in the next eight matches, he needs to show up.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:22 pm

A quite laboured game against a lower team, however, 3 points was the main outcome, it is quite disappointed to concede two goals, Mane was once again was the safer, although Lallana had played well, but he is not fit, Shaqiri should have come on as a replacement.
The news from German for why Klopp has frozen out Shaqiri, because the latter one has leaked a remark by Klopp about a German player that he is Shaqiri's friend! it might true!!!!

Beat Fulham and see what happen! good luck
algymoon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Kenny Kan » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:25 am wrote:Going to single out Lallana as my MOTM.

I thought he was top class considering this was (I think), his fourth start of the season.

When Klopp first arrived, Lallana was so often the trigger in our press and he resumed that today which is what this midfield has been lacking recently to the extent Lallana showed. Mane's first goal was all about Lallana's sliding challenge and pressing on the edge of their box. Not only that, the lad can play a bit too, he has good feet, good control and know's when to realise the ball and when to hold it up. His decision making is usually spot on too. I thought he was great and found rather telling that another personal favourite of mine (Gini), was substituted before him as I didn't expect Lallana to last more than 60 mins but his performance and influence on the game was so much that taking him off at that time would have been counter-productive to the way we had been playing up until that point with him in the team.

Also, special praise for this must go to Jurgen who I believe was strongly criticised beforehand on social media for starting Lallana - so well done boss.

Lallana on that performance can inject more hunger and productivity into the remaining leg of this campaign just when we appeared to be needing this the most.

+1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games