LIVERPOOL v Burnley Sun 10th March 12.00 KO

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Red Rum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:45 pm

Every game like a cup final now. Try and win most of the remaining 27 points available, and see where we end up!

Plus let's hope City drop more points.

Cmon reds :buttrock
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby electrum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:24 pm

Four point gap now..."must win" is probably the most over-used term on this board ...but now it's absolutely spot on.

Draw and it's 85% city's - lose and I think we can say it's pretty much over.

COYR- blast them , fight them, BEAT them.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Burnley are 4th from bottom and teams around them are winning so these wont be a push over, they are fighting for their premier league lives.We never seem to play well when we kick of early as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:13 pm

Yakka, every year the team that wins the PL has to beat strugglers/ those fighting for their lives.

If Burnley's collective desire to stay up is greater than our's to win the PL (not to  menton Immortal status for every one of the squad) then we have no business being in the chase.

We MUST beat the likes of Burnley. With 8 games left to go for City they are going to drop points in , what, maybe two games??. A four point gap means we have no margin for error any more. Zero
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:19 pm

electrum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:13 pm wrote:Yakka, every year the team that wins the PL has to beat strugglers/ those fighting for their lives.

If Burnley's collective desire to stay up is greater than our's to win the PL (not to  menton Immortal status for every one of the squad) then we have no business being in the chase.

We MUST beat the likes of Burnley. With 8 games left to go for City they are going to drop points in , what, maybe two games??. A four point gap means we have no margin for error any more. Zero

I agree with you mate but it is something you see every year, teams near the bottom who have been sh1t for months suddenly start playing like men possessed. The idea of earning championship wages is probably a big motivating factor, they soon run that extra yard when they are faced with that prospect.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 pm wrote:
electrum » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:13 pm wrote:Yakka, every year the team that wins the PL has to beat strugglers/ those fighting for their lives.

I agree with you mate but it is something you see every year, teams near the bottom who have been sh1t for months suddenly start playing like men possessed. The idea of earning championship wages is probably a big motivating factor, they soon run that extra yard when they are faced with that prospect.

I guess on top of our superior talent we will need to demonstrate we have even bigger motivation winning the league...Component which went missing this past month or so...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:51 am

only me » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:43 pm wrote:

I guess on top of our superior talent we will need to demonstrate we have even bigger motivation winning the league...Component which went missing this past month or so...

Anyone questioning the motivation of Klopp or the players can go f*ck themselves.
Eagle

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 am

In that case our superior CLASS of 75m pound players like VVD, the keeper and Mo Salah should prevail over a struggling team that cost collectively peanuts!
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:41 am

They will park the bus, they will play physical and we will have to break them down. An early goal will really help the cause. I think we need a big win for our own momentum.

If we continue to keep the pressure up I think City will break so we MUST stay with them. April looks like our best chance for them to drop points so we have to stay no more than one point behind. Also in April we play first and will have an extra match so the psychological advantage will be ours if we keep winning. We must stay with City! I think points will be dropped by both teams but the question is which matches.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:15 am

Few teams surrounding Burnley won however they still have a couple of points cushion so i think they will be happy with 1 point. Yup i also think they will park the bus.

I still feel we will win this comfortably 3-0.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:44 am

Anyone questioning the motivation of Klopp or the players can go f*ck themselves.

Motivation is something you bring to the pitch and not store it in your underwear...If you saw motivation against ManU, West-Ham ,Leicester then you need a fcking eye Dr...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Rum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:09 am

Looking at recent games and our lack of creativity /assists in the middle of the park versus west ham, Leicester, Everton and Man Utd we cannot take this game for granted.

We could do with getting our goal difference up a bit more, just in case. If the manager plays Wjnaldum, Hendo and Milner in Midfield today God help us.

What we can't afford to do is fall a long way behind man City. We need to keep the pressure on.

If we lose today, its surely game over?

Because they will park the bus, I'd play Shaqiri in the coutinho position. He is one player who can unlock defences and can score from outside the box.
Red Rum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Alisson, Trent, VVD, Matip, Robbo, Gini, Fab, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Bobby
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Lallana, Fabinho, Wijnaldum; Salah, Firmino y Sadio Mané...

Could Klopp placing his Ego before the good of LFC? That's his answer to the criticism he received?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Lallana starts - not Keita, not Shaqiri- I despair , I really do....this has got draw written all over it at best...He has done nothing for 2 years due to injury and has been a shadow of his former self whenever he has played...

Why spend 60m + on a couple of players and then start with Lallana..b :down:

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Substitutes: Mignolet, Lovren, Henderson, Keita, Shaqiri, Origi, Sturridge.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games