All new official Klopp thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:58 am

Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm wrote:Lets hope its more of a priority that the league cup then
:oops:

Not sure the point you are making ?

You seem to be pointing fingers without just getting to The point

He played a strong team against Chelsea who then had to bring on Hazard to help win the game - in the grand scheme of things its the lowest priority Comp. So whilst it’s nice to win it’s not heartbreaking that we lost
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:16 am

No doubt that we'll rotate, just like every PL team does for the early rounds, but it will still be a decent team. Too early to speculate how we approach it.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas wrote:
Thommo's perm » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:42 pm wrote:Lets hope its more of a priority that the league cup then
:oops:

Not sure the point you are making ?

You seem to be pointing fingers without just getting to The point

He played a strong team against Chelsea who then had to bring on Hazard to help win the game - in the grand scheme of things its the lowest priority Comp. So whilst it’s nice to win it’s not heartbreaking that we lost

You have answered your own question while not understanding that you did?
Of course any manager will say that he wants to win every game, he'd be a Fu*king pr'ick not to, hence my sarcastic question asking you for evidence. My point is that sometimes there are priorities which will influence a manager to pick a team which doesnt have his strongest players. Therefore its more likely they will struggle, especially against a team which has their strongest (or nearly strongest) players. From a supporters perspective, the league cup is a day at wembley and a chance to win a trophy, so to get knocked out so easily, whilst not being heartbreaking for you, is still very annoying for me. I sincerely hope he wont do the same in the fa cup, which is why I made the point in the first place.
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Days out at Wembley are nice but in the grand scheme of things both the league cup and FA Cup are now minor trophies - that’s just the reality of the way modern football unfortunately is - and I expect our manager to once again not play our full strength team for the FA Cup , just like most of the top teams will also play squad players - and it’s done to ensure the major players are saved for the league and CL. Players can’t play week in week out and I’ll take going for the title and CL over the Domestic Cups.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:57 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 pm wrote:Days out at Wembley are nice but in the grand scheme of things both the league cup and FA Cup are now minor trophies - that’s just the reality of the way modern football unfortunately is - and I expect our manager to once again not play our full strength team for the FA Cup , just like most of the top teams will also play squad players - and it’s done to ensure the major players are saved for the league and CL. Players can’t play week in week out and I’ll take going for the title and CL over the Domestic Cups.

Good to see you finally got the point I was making and agreed with me. Instead of me asking "Wonder if he'll try to win it?" I should have actually said "Wonder if he'll prioritise it?"
Anyway, we got there in the end, which is good
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm wrote:
Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 pm wrote:Days out at Wembley are nice but in the grand scheme of things both the league cup and FA Cup are now minor trophies - that’s just the reality of the way modern football unfortunately is - and I expect our manager to once again not play our full strength team for the FA Cup , just like most of the top teams will also play squad players - and it’s done to ensure the major players are saved for the league and CL. Players can’t play week in week out and I’ll take going for the title and CL over the Domestic Cups.

Good to see you finally got the point I was making and agreed with me. Instead of me asking "Wonder if he'll try to win it?" I should have actually said "Wonder if he'll prioritise it?"

Yep saying that instead would have cleared it up nice and early :nod
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 pm wrote:
Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm wrote:

Yep saying that instead would have cleared it up nice and early :nod

Sorry for confusing you
Thommo's perm

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:50 am

:lookaround

Sometimes all you need is a simple smiley.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:01 am

red till i die!! » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:50 am wrote::lookaround

Sometimes all you need is a simple smiley.

:laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Did I hear that this is our best ever points total after 15 games? And that’s not just in the PL, in our entire history?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 am

Well in Boss  :bowdown

Where is the rest of the thread anyway ? Lost ?.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:56 pm

https://youtu.be/kxElCyvN9wI

Interesting stats from Carra and Neville
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:26 am

A journalist asked Klopp to sum up 2017...his reply:

"A fantastic, fantastic year apart from one really s**t day."
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:29 am

Once again, like against Napoli, my heart sank when I saw the team sheet. Once again we had the lack of creativity and speed needed against a quick and talented team. Once again we were plodding and slow in midfield and our forwards were forced to come deeper to get the ball. There is definitely a pattern emerging which causes great concern.
I love Klopp but he really worries me with his stubbornness and faith in something that clearly doesnt work.
:no
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 am

One defeat in the league - top of the top , title still in our hands

Let’s not overreact - only 4 weeks ago City were the best team Inn Europe

Last night was very fine margins

Couple of very good tweets

Disappointing reaction from some #LFC fans to a performance that merited a draw at champions #MCFC. Maybe they are upset or tired, but it does make me wonder if these people appreciate what they are witnessing this season. Really poor show from them.

Jan 2018, City lose their first premier league game of the season and still go on to crack 100pts and win the title.

Jan 2019, Liverpool lose their first premier league game of the season and IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF LOVREN AND HENDERSON AND WE’VE ALREADY LOST THE TITLE! OMFFGG!!
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion