ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby damjan193 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:40 am

Well, at least some good news after this Buvac episode.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 01, 2018 11:10 pm

... Your source of this information!? I've not heard from any media sources that it's, 180k
Even Stevie G never got paid that much.:nod
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 01, 2018 11:32 pm

Nice to see him sign an extension and if he is getting that kind of money then fair play to him. He earns it in fairness and if we want to hold on to players like him then we have to pay it.  :nod

Usually though when we do get our top players penned to new deals it isn't long before they are sold  :rasp  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 02, 2018 5:51 am

I watched him sign on skysports. He looked away while he signed the contract, I thought it was funny :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Mon May 28, 2018 11:48 am

Hey all,
Been a while since I posted here. I have only limited internet access so I can't research for myself.
I seem to be the only person in the entire world who spotted what Navas attempted to do to Bobby.
Just before our goal was scored, Firmino slid for the ball and ended up in the back of the net.
I only saw it twice, neither time from a good angle, but I suspect Navas attempted to stamp on Bobbys head.
Did anyone else see this? Could someone please check? It looked pretty brutal.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:02 am

Roberto Firmino!
Have to admit I wasnt too keen on this fella. He seemed slow on the ball, try to over complicate things and over dribble!
But last season he has come leaps and bounds. One of the hardest workers on the field and has the engine for it. He is starting to know how to make plays with Salah and Mane. I kike his attitude his work ethic. The Brazilian Dirk Kuyt for me and that's not knocking him cause Kuyt was one of my favourite players back under Rafa. :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:27 pm

:( Slight doubt for the PSG game with an abrasion to his eye. Would be a massive miss if he doesn't play.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:59 pm

That dirty tw@t did it on purpose!
I dont think he'll play on Tuesday
:down:
Thommo's perm

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:32 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:27 pm wrote::( Slight doubt for the PSG game with an abrasion to his eye. Would be a massive miss if he doesn't play.

He posted on Instagram that he will be fine for the Midweek - hopefully he will be in the team
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:40 am

Klopp should start Shaqiri if Firmino isn't fully ready.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:06 pm

Firmino has been quite off recently maybe he is playing a little deep at times compared to how he roamed around before.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:18 pm

redshade wrote:Firmino has been quite off recently maybe he is playing a little deep at times compared to how he roamed around before.

Far too deep imo. Especially seeing as he is the slowest of the front lads. In saying that though I have also seen Mane struggle to make up the space we often create between Mid and Attack while countering  :laugh: The work rate is still there but the influence isn't and he should be banned from crossing the half way line unless we are defending set pieces.

At the moment I think the only players consistent with last years form is Virgil and Robbo. Everyone else is shall we say a little off imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:39 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 pm wrote:
redshade wrote:Firmino has been quite off recently maybe he is playing a little deep at times compared to how he roamed around before.

Far too deep imo. Especially seeing as he is the slowest of the front lads. In saying that though I have also seen Mane struggle to make up the space we often create between Mid and Attack while countering  :laugh: The work rate is still there but the influence isn't and he should be banned from crossing the half way line unless we are defending set pieces.

At the moment I think the only players consistent with last years form is Virgil and Robbo. Everyone else is shall we say a little off imo.

Doesn't deserve to start at the moment though I can't think who else we have instead. Solanke doesn't seem to have the trust of the manager despite all the nonsense he spouts about him. Studge doesn't have the work ethic. He only sees Shaq as a bit player.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Doeboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:47 pm

He seems to have been asked to do a different job this season. At times it looks like he is being asked to drop deeper to help connect the midfield to the attack i.e Mane and Salah because the likes of Milner, Hendo and Gini are not those kind of players. Klopp needs to get Keita into that role and let Firmino concentrate on being a nuisance up top. Keita can do what Ox was doing for us last season imo and think with the glut of fixtures coming up, I see him doing this.
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:48 am

bunglemark2 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:39 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 pm wrote:

Doesn't deserve to start at the moment though I can't think who else we have instead. Solanke doesn't seem to have the trust of the manager despite all the nonsense he spouts about him. Studge doesn't have the work ethic. He only sees Shaq as a bit player.

Klopp doesn't just change things for the sake of it and as you said he doesn't trust some players. He barely used Sturridge and certainly not enough to try and get the best out of him, I don't think he has ever started 3 games straight under Jurgen. Not sure he even wanted Solanke tbh. Given Shaqs performances though I do find it strange he is still considered a bit part player.

He will always work with what he has or at least gives that impression. He talks them all up and says they have parts to play but that could be anything from 5 games to 5 minutes. Brewster said that Klopp always jokes with him about the amount of time he is out. I think that lad is full sure he will be playing soon enough but I have my doubts as to whether Klopp will grant it. Personally I don't buy into the whole how you train thing as some lads just have it and bring it to the field at game time.

Think we need to finally rid ourselves of Sturridge and Origi in January and replace them with one decent player he will play.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion