ROBERTO FIRMINO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am

Our unsung hero, first Brazilian to score 50 goals in the prem.

Without him Salah and Mane would not get the same praise or opportunities but he is the glue that sticks it together. To illustrate the point that he gets less credit, I found his thread in the middle of page two on this site is how little we talk about him. He is a rare breed in this day and age and you’ll never find another like him. A selfless striker in a time of selfish c.unts! I don’t think I ever saw him not put in a shift.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7417229/Liverpool-news-season-Robert-Firmino-steps-Salah-Manes-shadows.html
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:06 pm

maguskwt » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:02 am wrote:Roberto Firmino!
Have to admit I wasnt too keen on this fella. He seemed slow on the ball, try to over complicate things and over dribble!
But last season he has come leaps and bounds. One of the hardest workers on the field and has the engine for it. He is starting to know how to make plays with Salah and Mane. I kike his attitude his work ethic. The Brazilian Dirk Kuyt for me and that's not knocking him cause Kuyt was one of my favourite players back under Rafa. :buttrock

Just re-posting my statement about Firmino  :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:19 am

The most admirable thing I can say about Firmino is he does not seem fussed with ego and in this time of the prima Donna player those players are rare. When he first came his house was robbed while his family was home, he got a DUI and lost his license and he was criticized by many for being not good enough as he was a replacement for Sterling. I’d rather him than Sterling anytime, obviously a different type of player. When we first bought him I remember seeing his stats and how many times he won the ball from the opposition and seeing it is a joy. He is pivotal to how we play as he wins the ball high with his grit and determination then has the skill and intelligence to quickly pass to our very quick attackers. It would be very hard to find a player with his skill set.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:07 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:47 am wrote:I am shocked at peoples outrage at Firmino being accused of drink driving? When did it become a sackable offence to drive under the influence of alcohol? Has he destroyed private or public property? Did he injure someone? Did someone die? Why are people so angry??
???

I was actually with the bizzy who nicked him last night.
Guess who he supports...?  :glare:
Thommo's perm

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:35 pm

I'm embarrassed I questioned Klopp after converting Bobby into a Striker.. I never thought it was ever going to work as Bobby wasn't clinical infront of goal, he didn't posses the pace to worry defenders, and he hasn't got the build to be a target man.

But what he's become in 3 years is the most accomplished striker in world football. Not only does he link the team together, he defends from the front and is the most unselfish player I've ever seen.

This weekend against newcastle he was phenomenal.. He had 2 assists, but he must have made 5 clear cut chances. He might have become our most important player.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 pm

To be honest, last season he was a bit below par for me, looked like he had that post-world cup hangover for the entire season. Not saying he was bad, just not as good as he can be. This season however, in these 6 or 7 games we've played, without a doubt, he's been our best player. Sì señor!
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:05 pm

damjan193 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 pm wrote:To be honest, last season he was a bit below par for me, looked like he had that post-world cup hangover for the entire season. Not saying he was bad, just not as good as he can be. This season however, in these 6 or 7 games we've played, without a doubt, he's been our best player. Sì señor!

Agree with this and do think he has been fantastic so far this season but Mane edges it as our best player imo.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:32 pm

One of the players I never got bored of watching. Whenever I get to Anfield, I sometimes will just watch his movement off the ball. He's got fantastic awareness and his technical skill off the scale when comes to ball control.

It's a cliche, but the ball really does look like it's tried to his foot with a piece of string  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:11 pm

There's a training video going around what looks like Mane and Bobby falling out.

I've watched the video and I'm not entirely convinced. Mane aggressively pulls Bobby's arm as he's walking past him, but I think them 2 have this kind of relationship.

I think the media are trying to cause a divide within the club.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:33 pm

Wouldn't look to much into that video tbh. Players are bound to have the odd disagreement if that's what it is.

The Media will pounce on anything that generates clicks for them regardless of how innocent it is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:26 pm

The most intelligent footballer to pull on a Liverpool shirt I've ever had the privilege to watch,its like in his head he's three movements in front of everyone else.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:18 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:26 pm wrote:The most intelligent footballer to pull on a Liverpool shirt I've ever had the privilege to watch,its like in his head he's three movements in front of everyone else.

:bowdown

One of a kind! Gives up his number when Salah came, No ego! Gives up his changing space when Minamino came, no ego! Works hard so the other strikers can score, no ego! As I said, one of a kind.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:37 pm

Has anyone else noticed he seems to lose form (not industry) every year around this time? It seems like every year he has been here he goes through a little “slump” around this time of the year. Could be my imagination but it is how I remember it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:05 am

kazza » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:37 pm wrote:Has anyone else noticed he seems to lose form (not industry) every year around this time? It seems like every year he has been here he goes through a little “slump” around this time of the year. Could be my imagination but it is how I remember it.

Needs a kick up the hole if you ask me...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:07 am

bunglemark2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:05 pm wrote:
kazza » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:37 pm wrote:Has anyone else noticed he seems to lose form (not industry) every year around this time? It seems like every year he has been here he goes through a little “slump” around this time of the year. Could be my imagination but it is how I remember it.

Needs a kick up the hole if you ask me...

Probably just as well that nobody did !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext