Crystal Palace vs Liverpool, 20:00 on Monday 20th Aug

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:56 am

Santa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:11 am wrote:
metalhead » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 pm wrote:
Penguins » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:05 pm wrote:Real garbage performance. Palace wanted it more and it showed.
Lazy uninspired and lucky it was 1-0 after 70 min.
So many players were really poor and only a few got a passing grade.

Not good enough and will not be enough in the long run.

Wtf did I just read :laugh:

Well, no Rock n Roll football, no easy 4-0 win...we must be shite then. Klopp need to be sacked immediately  :rasp

sack klopp  :wwww  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:00 am

I wonder when was the last time we won our first two games??
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:59 am

Wasn't our best attacking performance but Palace's defending had something to do with that. We bossed the possession from start to finish though, and defensively and our keeper looked rock solid.

So it was a good hard earned win and one of the more difficult venues to play at.

I'm happy.

BOSS THA Jurgen !!!!!!!!!!! :buttrock
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:59 pm

We looked very confident and won in low gear something that's important as Klopp now understands you can't bring heavy metal twice a week and go the distance.

Firmino a bit off it atfer World Cup and delivery from full backs poor but Palace are a handy side and will take big scalps at home this campaign.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:20 pm

That young fullback Wan-Bissaka looks a prospect. Palace may have unearthed a gem there.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:47 pm

Palace will do well this season they have got good players I'm sure they woll finish top 10.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:27 am

I'm happy to see we did not fade in the last twenty minutes like we did so many times last season. Certain players were tired but as a unit the pressing stayed and did not allow Palace into the match. Having Hendo come on and replace Milner kept the energy up, those two players seem the perfect replacements for each other. There was a much bigger difference between Lallana and Keita however, who is looking like a fantastic player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:47 pm

A relatively comfortable performance ,completely nullified any torment Palace could inflict ,combative in the middle and rigid in defense. In all truth we could have played that game in slippers as we never had to really force the play and our traveling contingent were once again in full voice to drown out the expected clarion call from those in the Holmesdale. Like people have already said ,I suspect Palace will deliver some major hurt on those tipping up in their back yard without a game plan inclusive of stopping their chief tormentors.

Make no mistake this was brilliant game management from the boss ,we completely blunted the usual sharpness of their attack and Zaha and Townsend cut frustrated figures ,thought Gomez was on par with the big Dutch fella on Monday night and Wijnaldum completely blotted out the industry of Milivojević and co.

Impressive three points and all talk of potential banana skins comfortably dispensed with.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games