LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:47 pm

maguskwt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 am wrote:Geez fellas! Show some compassion! If the man got a concussion, he's got a concussion! You can blame him all you like for his ability... but if his performance was affected by his concussion then that is something we gotta accept!

Personally he was never my fav player but I felt sorry for him when nobody went to him to console him at the end of the game! The man was crying and apologizing the stadium... this is not team spirit, you win together and you lose together! Klopp's gotta fix this... did he even go to Karius himself?

The players have basically said that Karius was inconsolable and no form of intervention would have tempered his anguish,so they left him to approach the fans alone. Other that that ,spot on post Mags  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:44 am

DO people think he was also concussed before the semi final ? He was probably even worse in the semi.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:46 am

If Klopp had done his job (not give the terrible Mignolet a new contract and then signed the even worse Karius , and never replace him with a goalie with hands , Liverpool could be champions of Europe.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Roma want 80 million for Allisson!   :laugh:  :laugh:

Maybe we were too harsh on Karius, after all he was concussed.....  :hearts
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:31 pm

It's Klopp we are talking about after all. Karius will get another chance and Migs will stay as noone will touch him with that contract.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Give him another chance next season?

OK... So what if he makes more calamities again next season, especially in a big match!?

I'm not convinced.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 pm

We'd be mugs to pay £80m for Allison, don't get me wrong he is clearly better than anyone we have got on our books but he's not worth anything remotely like that sort of figure. We put 8 past him in 2 games ourselves.
For £80m quid (which is over double the current world record paid for a keeper) i'd want to see miracle saves, I'd want to see the Diego Maradona of keepers, all I see is an above average goalkeeper.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 am

What happened to Danny Ward? He can't make it?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:37 pm

maguskwt » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:24 am wrote:What happened to Danny Ward? He can't make it?

Ward had the chance to go on loan to Hull again last season but we blocked it. As a result he played a whole 2 games for the season.

It would be a crazy move on our behalf if we went into next season with Ward and Karius as our 2 keepers. Reports are saying that we are willing to meet the release clause for the Barca reserve Cillessen at 52 million  :lookaround
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:04 pm

A transfer to a mid-table club in Germany, Italy or Spain would be the best thing for Karius right now, because next season in the Premier League will be brutal. The fans, the media and the opposition players will not let him forget the CL final and he needs to move on from that.

A few good seasons (and 100+ games) at another club with no mistakes will rebuild his confidence and reputation. Something I don't think he'll achieve at LFC or in England.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 pm

We need to offload this player this summer, I don't want to see him between the sticks next season. He's a liability.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:29 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:31 pm wrote:We'd be mugs to pay £80m for Allison, don't get me wrong he is clearly better than anyone we have got on our books but he's not worth anything remotely like that sort of figure. We put 8 past him in 2 games ourselves.
For £80m quid (which is over double the current world record paid for a keeper) i'd want to see miracle saves, I'd want to see the Diego Maradona of keepers, all I see is an above average goalkeeper.

The thing about Allison is that he shines with confidence and security. Rarely a rash movement or decision from him, the guy looks like he's flawless at times, which is exactly the reason he was our number one target. We don't need impossible saves and acrobatics for the camera, we need stability and composure at the back with as little mistakes as possible, and that's exactly what Allison offers.

Doesn't matter now though, as he seems to be off to Real Madrid.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby electrum » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:03 pm

David de Gea with a clanger of Karius proportions for Spain in their game against Portugal..
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:32 pm

Listened to Rush other week backing Karius by saying Grobbelaar made errors at the start of his Liverpool career.

That may be true but you can soak it up as the greatest team in England and Europe by some distance, not in our position now looking to close gaps on better outfits.

Karius will feel some relief watching De Gea throw one in tonight, certainly not been on Twitter since the final backed off completely.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:04 pm

electrum » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:03 pm wrote:David de Gea with a clanger of Karius proportions for Spain in their game against Portugal..

Yes I was thinking that. A few clangers by keepers in the world cup, will make us all feel better. Just that Karius clangers were in the final, it hurts a lot more I guess.

Had he done that in the Quarter final of the champions league, I guess we would not hurt as bad! :nod.

I have faith in our manager, he's addressing the Midfield situation currently, I'm sure he will address the keeper situation in due course.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion