LORIS KARIUS - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 28, 2018 8:42 pm

Th death threats probably come from the fans who have struggled to get to Kiev, driven for two days across six countries to get there and spent thousands of pounds. If I was one of them, I'd be ten times more angry than I am now.

Don't feel sorry for him, the poor little lamb, he's playing for LFC not a Sunday league team, and on probably 60k a week, the pressure comes with that. But making Sunday league errors is unforgivable, by not doing basic things like concentrating on the game!!

There is no way this calamity can start another game for us next season, especially big matches, and if he does, I will question the manager as well.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 28, 2018 9:48 pm

7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 pm wrote:
eds » Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm wrote:I just want to be crystal clear that despite how disappointed and frustrated I am with Karius losing us the game yesterday UNDER NO circumstances is it acceptable that the young fella be sent death threats.

This is not and will never be our club. Shameful, shameful behaviour. To the ones responsible hang your heads you drongos.

Spot on.  I hope they get punished by the law and a life ban from Anfield  :no

Probably never seen Anfield in their life mate ,be like banning someone (unless you're a f*cking astronaut ) from the moon.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 28, 2018 11:18 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 28, 2018 8:48 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 pm wrote:
eds » Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm wrote:I just want to be crystal clear that despite how disappointed and frustrated I am with Karius losing us the game yesterday UNDER NO circumstances is it acceptable that the young fella be sent death threats.

This is not and will never be our club. Shameful, shameful behaviour. To the ones responsible hang your heads you drongos.

Spot on.  I hope they get punished by the law and a life ban from Anfield  :no

Probably never seen Anfield in their life mate ,be like banning someone (unless you're a f*cking astronaut ) from the moon.

you're right. still, f**ks me off when these biffs stand out.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 29, 2018 2:31 pm

It could go two ways with Karius after that final in that it could make him a much better and stronger player or he could leave. I personally don't think Klopp will pull the plug on his Anfield career.

No one is mentioning it but it was bad form that our players left him on the ground at the end of the game. At least our fans applauded him at the end but bad form from our players who spout stuff like "We win and lose together".
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 am

red till i die!! » Tue May 29, 2018 1:31 pm wrote:It could go two ways with Karius after that final in that it could make him a much better and stronger player or he could leave. I personally don't think Klopp will pull the plug on his Anfield career.

No one is mentioning it but it was bad form that our players left him on the ground at the end of the game. At least our fans applauded him at the end but bad form from our players who spout stuff like "We win and lose together".

I wouldn't blame the players, they were in their own world at that moment and were all dejected. We don't know what was said in the dressing room after they had time to process what happened. It was a tough way to lose!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 30, 2018 10:25 am

I don't think Karius will leave either, mainly because I think we will buy a keeper this summer and I think Karius will accept being a number 2 where as I don't think Mingolet will.
Simon is 30 now, as a keeper he is in his prime, he won't want to be wasting the best years of his career sitting on a bench watching someone like Allison play every week, Loris is only 24 which is still very young for a keeper, keepers play until they are 40 these days, he has got time on his side, besides, a year as a number 2 getting the odd League Cup game and FA Cup game here and there would probably suit Karius atm and help him rebuild his career.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Wed May 30, 2018 12:50 pm

Wouldn’t want him near our club to be honest.

A goal keeper that has the attention span of a fish is pretty much a liability that we can’t afford to have.

You can forgive the players by not standing with him, they all gave it their all and were probably really emotional with the loss. It was great that our true fans gave him a rousing send off while he was in tears but let’s not get overly sentimental, that’s all it was his final send off. He has played his last game.

If Klopp keeps him as No 1 next season then he has truly lost his mind and it will lead to his downfall at our club.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 30, 2018 1:05 pm

how ironic is it that in 2005 we won because of the heroics of the goalkeeper and in 2018 we lost because of the goalkeeper... :no
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 30, 2018 1:18 pm

eds » Wed May 30, 2018 11:50 am wrote:Wouldn’t want him near our club to be honest.

A goal keeper that has the attention span of a fish is pretty much a liability that we can’t afford to have.

You can forgive the players by not standing with him, they all gave it their all and were probably really emotional with the loss. It was great that our true fans gave him a rousing send off while he was in tears but let’s not get overly sentimental, that’s all it was his final send off. He has played his last game.

If Klopp keeps him as No 1 next season then he has truly lost his mind and it will lead to his downfall at our club.

Karius won't be our number 1 next year, given the money Roma and Atletico want for Allison and Oblak though I don't think it will be either of them either. Both clubs want over double the previous world record paid for a keeper (when City bought Ederson). We'd be mugs to pay that, both keepers are good but they are not the second coming of Gordon Banks.
I'm sure we can pick up a very good keeper for £30m-£40m, all this talk of £70m-£100m is a p[iss] take.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed May 30, 2018 1:53 pm

I agree. I don't think we'll get Allison or Oblak. Allison because of the price and competition from the likes of Read Madrid and PSG. Oblak because he plays in a team that employs the low block so there is not enough evidence that he could play in an attacking team like ours to make us pay £50mil+. I think we'll sign someone from Europe who we haven't heard of before and he'll cost less than £30mil.
Eagle

Postby Franky000 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:16 pm

I'd go for someone with PL experience like Jack Butland.
Franky000

Postby Eagle » Wed May 30, 2018 4:01 pm

Franky000 » Wed May 30, 2018 2:16 pm wrote:I'd go for someone with PL experience like Jack Butland.

God no. May as well go back to Migs
Eagle

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 pm

If he is still at our club come August, then I will be horrified.
They weren't just bad errors in the final, it was Sunday League amateur type mistakes that can not be forgiven.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu May 31, 2018 11:49 pm

Unless he demands a transfer, Karius isn't going anywhere. Klopp won't feed him to the wolves, although he might loan him out.  Either way, he'll be on LFC's books come September
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:06 am

Guys, it's time to back off on Karius, the club will deal with the matter in a way they see fit.

If he stays, he stays, if he goes then fine. The lad's under contract so his job is to turn up every day for work so don't bemoan him for that - it's what we all do.

Whilst the CL final was a nightmare, all of us have screwed up big time at work. The bigger your responsibilities the bigger the potential screw up, the fact is on that night there were only 2 goalkeepers in the world playing in that game with hundreds of millions of viewers across the globe. Massive pressure and he bottled. We all screw up but no one sees us; hopefully we can also hide it from the boss. He had nowhere to hide.

So let's get over it, no need to mention it again. We know, the club knows, the player knows. Life can be cruel. He's also the lowest paid first team player by far. Consider why we have a 25k a week goalie when the rest of the team is paid an average of 90k a week? Hmm...
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion