CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby kazza » Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 pm

Reg » Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 am wrote:Just cruised a RM fan forum, they're all pretty concerned that UEFA don't want them to win their 13th cup and 3rd in a row in the interests of keeping the CL fresh and interesting. Whilst I' not sure about that I completely agree with their sentiments!

They also posted this ditty which I'm sure you all understand:

http://e00-marca.uecdn.es/multimedia/gr ... ktop_g.jpg

They consider we only have a chance if we're 2-0 up after 30 minutes.

We do not usually lose European finals, I remember only three CL (the last against Liverpool) and two UEFA, while we won twelve finals CL and two finals UEFA.  That's 14 finals won against 5 losses, the last more than 30 years ago.
But beware, the last three lost finals were against British teams: Chelsea, Liverpool and Aberdeen.
And watch again: in fact, we have never beat a British team in a final. Our partial is 0-3.

The final will depend exclusively on us. If we are inspired we'll win it easy. If we play like fools ... well, they will walk over us.
I think we're clear about the team that is ZZ will pick and it's not going to be pretty to watchWe mustn'tt I hope we all support them:
Navas-Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo-Modric-Kroos-Casemiro-Isco-Benzema-CR7

We mustn't lose the ball in the center of the field to avoid mistakes and the effort of Isco and Modric to stop Salah and Mane, the supports on the sides of Varane and Ramos and the support of Casemiro to the centrals when they open us to cover their speed: Carvajal and Marcelo are going to be the key to cancel the Liverpool attack. In attack we will have chances and will have to materialize and hope that Benzema has another match in which he turns up.

Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Goalkeeper = wins Madrid
Defense = wins Madrid
Midfield = wins Madrid
Attack = wins Liverpool, we have 1 Christiano they have 3 attackers.

I see RM superior by sector and on the whole, but I'm worried about what is happening with Real Madrid. We are a clear team in decline with a lack of key players and some close to finished. I want to think that in a final everyone will be 100% concentrated. If so, I think we will win.  It's going to be an epic final, I hope for the best end of the decade at least.

It is funny how teams that always get refereeing decisions always seem to talk about a conspiracy against them (Real, Chelsea, ManUre)  :laugh:

It is all opinions at the end of the day but

Goalkeeper = Toss up as both have saves and mistakes in them
Defense = Edge to Madrid but they are prone to mistakes also
Midfield = wins Liverpool through energy. Will out hussle Modric and Kroos
Attack = wins Liverpool, they have 1 Christiano we have 3 attackers.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 17, 2018 2:19 am

Some bigger stadiums for the organisers to consider for future events....

The 18 biggest soccer stadiums in the world

Football is the most popular sport in the world, so it's no surprise the game is played in some of the biggest stadiums in the world. The largest 18 football stadiums, measured by capacity, are located all over the globe. In fact every continent other than Antarctica makes an appearance on the list. Asia has the most with six, while Europe has five.

Even nations countries like the USA and Australia — where football hasn't traditionally been hugely popular but is growing in appeal — landed in the top ten.

18. Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan, Italy  (San Siro)
Capacity: 80,018
Home team: Inter Milan; AC Milan

17. Estadio Monumental, Lima, Peru
Capacity: 80,093
The largest stadium in South America — a continent famous for its love of football — Estadio Monumental has hosted a number of World Cup qualifiers since it was finished in 2000, and is sometimes used by the national team.

16. Shah Alam Stadium, Shah Alam, Malaysia
Capacity: 80,372
One of the biggest venues in Asia, the Shah Alam stadium occasionally doubles as what might be the world's most magnificent go-kart circuit in the off season, run by Asian Formula 2000 Champion driver Ng Wai Leong.

15. Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow, Russia
Capacity: 81,000
The only venue on the list to require an artificial pitch thanks to the harsh Moscow weather, the Luzhniki stadium saw tragedy in 1982 when a stampede killed 66 people. It's currently being renovated for the 2018 World Cup.

14. Santiago Bernabéu Stadium, Madrid, Spain
Capacity: 81,044
Home to the world's richest football club, the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium opened in 1944 and has been hosting world class football ever since. Real Madrid's president Florentino Pérez once said "we want to make the Santiago Bernabéu the best stadium in the world," and made upgrades a priority when he began his role.

13. Stade de France, Paris, France
Capacity: 81,338
The only stadium in the world to host both a football and rugby World Cup final, the Stade de France saw its national football team winning on home soil in 1998. Like many on the list, the stadium often has the biggest music acts in the world playing when sport's not on.

12. Signal Iduna Park, Dortmund, Germany
Capacity: 81,359
Home team: Borussia Dortmund

11. The ANZ Stadium, Australia
Capacity: 83,500
Known by locals as the Olympic Stadium, the ANZ was completed in 1999 as the main venue for the 2000 Olympic Games. Since then it's hosted a lot of football too, especially World Cup qualifiers.

10. Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
Capacity: 86,000
The Borg El Arab Stadium boasts a 200 capacity hotel for visiting teams, as well as a giant running track around the pitch perimeter for athletic events in the summer.

9. Bukit Jalil National Stadium, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Capacity: 87,411
Initially built for the 1998 Commonwealth Games, the Bukit Jalil National Stadium has also hosted the AFC Asian Cup. If football's not your thing, you can also catch Disney On Ice here when it's in the area.

8. Gelora Bung Karno Stadium, Jakarta, Indonesia
Capacity: 88,083
Finished in 1962, the "GBK Stadium" — as it is sometimes known — was funded partly by a loan from the Soviet Union. Some of the world's biggest clubs have played here as they toured the Asian continent.

7. Wembley Stadium, London, UK
Capacity: 90,000
The home of English football, Wembley was reconstructed between 2002-07, at an estimated cost of £757 million ($1.1 billion). Its arch can be seen for miles around West London, and when it's not hosting football games it's a world famous concert venue.

6. The Rose Bowl, Pasadena, USA
Capacity: 92,542
One of the USA's most famous stadiums, the Rose Bowl is also the country's biggest soccer stadium, playing home to the 1994 World Cup final and several qualifiers thereafter.

5. FNB Stadium, Johannesburg, South Africa
Capacity: 94,736
Also known as "Soccer City," the FNB (First National Bank) Stadium opened in 1989 before being renovated for the 2010 World Cup. Viewers of that tournament may recall the sounds of vuvuzelas ringing through the air.

4. Azadi Stadium, Tehran, Iran
Capacity: 95,225
Opened in 1973, the Azadi Stadium was almost the main venue for the 1984 Olympic Games until political issues forced Iran to drop the bid. Apparently the architecture is designed to heighten noise, which can be intimidating for visiting teams.

3. Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, Mexico
Capacity: 95,500
The first stadium to host two football World Cup Finals, Estadio Azteca was the venue of Diego Maradona's "Hand of God" goal in the competition's 1986 Quarter Finals. The stadium's name is a tribute to Mexico's Aztec heritage.

2. Camp Nou, Barcelona, Spain
Capacity: 99,354
The second richest club team in the world also plays in the second biggest football stadium in the world. The venue also hosts a number of Catalan teams. Fans were polled in 2000 and voted to make the title "Camp Nou" official, rather than a nickname. It was previously called the Estadi del FC Barcelona.

1. Rungrado May Day Stadium, Pyongyang, North Korea
Capacity: 150,000
The biggest stadium of any non-racing sport by some margin, North Korea's gigantic Rungrado May Day Stadium puts on massive shows celebrating the country and government when it's not being used for soccer. More ominously, reports suggest the stadium was also used as the site of an execution of military Generals accused of plotting assassination attempts against state leaders.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu May 17, 2018 5:42 am

Liverpool hotel room prices soar to £1,400 for night of Champions League final... in Kiev!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-hotel-room-prices-soar-12548823
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kartiek » Fri May 18, 2018 4:00 pm

It's an obvious thing to say that this is a huge game, but this is a really huge game. We've had reasonable success over the past some seasons but have so sorely lacked the final push. League 13-14, League Cup Final 15-16, Europa League final 16-17...many trophies almost won. We need to turn this trend around and this is the biggest stage of them all to do it.
kartiek

Postby redshade » Sat May 19, 2018 12:33 am

Yup we desperately need a trophy and im hopong our drought is over soon.

If we win the champions league Klopp could bag the super cup and also that other one not sure if it still runs, World club cup. (Think well ahead lol).
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat May 19, 2018 4:16 am

It will be.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Franky000 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Winning in Kiev will erase all the painful memories of 13/14, the CL final in 2007 and the Sevilla game.Bringing back the CL trophy will make up for all of that. Karma balances itself out in the end...
Franky000

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Driving around today I noticed loads of houses with flags draped out of the windows, lots of cars flying little flags as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 21, 2018 12:36 am

Can't wait for it. My Daughters confirmation is on sat so will have a full house and nearly all are Lfc fans  :buttrock

Think we have the skill and game to beat them if we can bring it to them for a good 75 - 80 minutes before looking to see it out. The ref is Milorad Mazic from Serbia so hopefully he is strong enough to handle them.

My worst fear is being cheated out of it by Ronaldo dive or some other dirty trick they pull from their locker.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Mon May 21, 2018 1:37 am

It's a strange feeling to be getting excited about anything football related in may, I'm used to talking about Next season and what could have been. This final has been in the making for 11 years.
killerp

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Mon May 21, 2018 2:31 am

I'm nervous already in anticipation of this, and it's a week away!

I hope the boys come out like the first legs versus Man City and Roma and blow this lot away. That's what might be required to win this. Can we stop Bale, Ronaldo, Marcelo, Benzema and Co etc etc!? That's the big question.

Can't stand Ronaldo, the arrogant greasy haired cnut. I want to wipe that smug smile off his face.

Gotta feeling this is going to be end to end gunfight, with us coming out on top.

It's going to be entertaining.:p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon May 21, 2018 7:16 am

I really hope we bag this trophy and Saturday evening will be a night to friggin remember.

Not long left now, let the pre match chat begin.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon May 21, 2018 9:08 am

Not sure Real have played a team like us that will get after their players and put them under pressure with our pressing and speed.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 am

I can't decide whether to go sit in front of the telly now, or wait until tomorrow.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon May 21, 2018 3:16 pm

Reg » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 am wrote:I can't decide whether to go sit in front of the telly now, or wait until tomorrow.

:D

Go in front of it now Reg !

Check it's still working ! I think the last time you mentioned your telly it was on the fritz !   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games