CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL 2018  LIVERPOOL V REAL MADRID

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Neymar110 » Sat May 05, 2018 3:30 am wrote:It looks like congratulations are in order for Liverpool Football Club, who appear to have wrapped up their sixth Champions League title without even having to play the final.

As per the updated tournament fixture list on UEFA's official website, the Reds have seemingly been given a goodbye against Real Madrid in the final to be automatically crowned champions of Europe once again.

Up above the semifinal results at the very top of the page, UEFA have erroneously declared Jurgen Klopp's side to be overall winners of the 2017-18 competition.

Which, in fairness, seems a little harsh on Real. After all, were they really that unconvincing over two legs against Bayern Munich in the previous round?

All in all, it's just a bit of a shame that we won't be getting a Champions League final this year.

We were really quite looking forward to watching it. :hearts  :hearts    :hearts

A bit late fella ,UEFA cancelled the competition when Barcelona fell flat on their pompous *****'s  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat May 05, 2018 9:24 pm

Good luck Supersub. I've entertained the idea of heading over but it'll be too expensive when I figure it all out.

63% of tickets going to the fans is an absolute farce. I feel for any fan who's travelled around Europe following the reds and ended up missing out because of this allocation. Total joke.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby supersub » Fri May 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Thomas Cook flights promoted by Real Madrid...................£299.00
Thomas Cook flights promoted by Liverpool FC..................£899.00  earlier this season Thomas Cook put on flights for Man city for £299.00
apparently the excuse is more demand the higher the price and Liverpool FC were happy to sanction the price rip off.....presumably because they are getting a slice of the action.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri May 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Where are you all watching the game?

LFC are having a big screen in front of the Kop for about £10, if anyone is interested.

Those lucky enough to have match tickets will get ripped off big time for tickets, accommodation and flights, as mentioned above :(
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 13, 2018 10:30 pm

Onto Kiev, mods can you move this into the matchday thead.

How are our opponents doing these days.

They won 6-0 yesterday gaining momentum for the final.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:42 pm

Time to rest a bit now. Send the boys somewhere nice, have them train lightly for a few days. As some posters have stressed, our thin squad looks jaded after a difficult season, but we looked better today after a week's rest so I'm assuming we should be back to full strength after 2 weeks of carefully planned light and normal training. The event of the final itself should lift the lads as well, so fatigue might not be such a major problem as some of us feared.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 13, 2018 11:23 pm

Yup Klopp said in the post press conference the lads will have 2 days off then back to usual training and the final week with intense training.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 13, 2018 11:41 pm

Bring them on!!!!!!  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 14, 2018 10:02 am

It's hunting season!  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon May 14, 2018 4:34 pm

I didn't know it will come on Itv

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleagu ... 98198.html

I thought BT sport will be just showing it for UK viewers.

Like the Europa i think it will also be streamed free on BT sport youtube channel.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Tue May 15, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm not sure we will be able to stop the likes of Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Marcel scoring in the big showdown, it could well be an end to end shoot out etc.

If they score three, we'll just have to score five etc etc. Could well be the case.

I wanna see sexy football :p
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 15, 2018 10:47 pm

Either it will be a big scoring match or both teams will nullify each other and it will end on penos.

I can't see that my gut feeling says we are in for probably one of the most exciting finals ever which could even surpass 05.
5-4 to either side imo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed May 16, 2018 6:27 am

It is hard to make predictions when your team is involved as you don't know whether it is your heart or brain talking. Am I being delusional in thinking we will beat Real Madrid? My Spanish friends seem to think so but they also told me how fit Real is  :laugh:  I just cannot see us losing and I am not underestimating them as obviously they are full of quality but I'm not sure they have a very good team spirit. I watch them play and they don't seem like a hard working side, something they will have to be to play against us. I think we will concede probably but I think they have errors throughout their defense that will be exploited by our forward line and they will have to foul us to compensate. Marcelo has no discipline and will not track back to stay with Salah one too many time, Ramos will have to cover leaving space for Firmino and Mane and they will get punished. What makes us so lethal is our work rate and the fact we have three forward players that will score so if you double up on one there are still two more ready to hurt you.

The only way I see Real winning is their big game management (i.e. rolling around clutching their face after every tackle, time wasting etc) and frankly strange refereeing decisions or we don't show up but from a football point of view I cannot see them matching us. Their arrogance will be their undoing as they will take us for granted and pay the price. I have read on here people suggesting our midfield will be completely over matched and from a flair/skill point of view I'd agree but not from an industry point of view as we have some very fit midfielders that will not give them the time to show that flair/skill. I do wish we had Oxlade and Can as they will be needed but in Hendo, Wijnaldum and Milner we have a very hard working midfield and that is where the battle will be won. Not sure that Madrid has played a team like us and I don't think they will be able to cope.

Real are so heavily marketed and hyped around the world so many will pick them but from a football point of view they will be over matched, I just pray we don't have to watch gayboyronaldo take his shirt off after winning a throw-in.  Klopp will finally excise his final jinx (just the law of averages would suggest that) and our team will be ready to lift our sixth  :buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 16, 2018 8:12 am

Just cruised a RM fan forum, they're all pretty concerned that UEFA don't want them to win their 13th cup and 3rd in a row in the interests of keeping the CL fresh and interesting. Whilst I' not sure about that I completely agree with their sentiments!

They also posted this ditty which I'm sure you all understand:

http://e00-marca.uecdn.es/multimedia/gr ... ktop_g.jpg

They consider we only have a chance if we're 2-0 up after 30 minutes.

We do not usually lose European finals, I remember only three CL (the last against Liverpool) and two UEFA, while we won twelve finals CL and two finals UEFA.  That's 14 finals won against 5 losses, the last more than 30 years ago.
But beware, the last three lost finals were against British teams: Chelsea, Liverpool and Aberdeen.
And watch again: in fact, we have never beat a British team in a final. Our partial is 0-3.

The final will depend exclusively on us. If we are inspired we'll win it easy. If we play like fools ... well, they will walk over us.
I think we're clear about the team that is ZZ will pick and it's not going to be pretty to watchWe mustn'tt I hope we all support them:
Navas-Carvajal-Varane-Ramos-Marcelo-Modric-Kroos-Casemiro-Isco-Benzema-CR7

We mustn't lose the ball in the center of the field to avoid mistakes and the effort of Isco and Modric to stop Salah and Mane, the supports on the sides of Varane and Ramos and the support of Casemiro to the centrals when they open us to cover their speed: Carvajal and Marcelo are going to be the key to cancel the Liverpool attack. In attack we will have chances and will have to materialize and hope that Benzema has another match in which he turns up.

Real Madrid vs Liverpool

Goalkeeper = wins Madrid
Defense = wins Madrid
Midfield = wins Madrid
Attack = wins Liverpool, we have 1 Christiano they have 3 attackers.

I see RM superior by sector and on the whole, but I'm worried about what is happening with Real Madrid. We are a clear team in decline with a lack of key players and some close to finished. I want to think that in a final everyone will be 100% concentrated. If so, I think we will win.  It's going to be an epic final, I hope for the best end of the decade at least.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Not going to be nervous, not going to be nervous.
And then the day arrives and I'll be shitting bricks...
We'll be underdogs, but were 2005 and 2007. So who knows.
It's all about getting it together just that day.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games