Liverpool vs Newcastle 03/03 17:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby parchpea » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Far from our scintillating best but job done and thats all we are required to do.

Karius save at end of first half key and fair play it looked in all the way, our front 3 deliver again absolutely sensational.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:51 am

That was a good performance against a side that was always keeping it tight.  2.0 and a clean sheet makes for a great 3 points. Well in lads  :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:29 am

I thought Henderson played quite well today. His short and long range passing was spot on. 8/10.

Our Midfield still lacks a "Stephen Gerrard" Type player. Until keita arrives, our success is limited.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:12 am

very good win. I thought they made it difficult rather than us playing bad. Salah, Firmino and Mane all had good games. But I thought Ox is getting better and better. He has skill, directness as well as engine. I thought he has stepped into the coutinho role very well...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 pm

I think Ox playing the Coutinho role is working better for the team in a crazy way. Yes we lost one of the best CAMs in world football, but we gained a workhorse that helps the midfield way more defensively.

I think with Ox you get a more quick, direct counter attack where he picks the ball up in midfield and just sprints forward committing defenders leaving openings for the from 3. With Coutinho it was more dribbling and skill to open up defences.

Time will tell but at this moment in time we are not missing Coutinho.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:04 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:00 am wrote:I think Ox playing the Coutinho role is working better for the team in a crazy way. Yes we lost one of the best CAMs in world football, but we gained a workhorse that helps the midfield way more defensively.

I think with Ox you get a more quick, direct counter attack where he picks the ball up in midfield and just sprints forward committing defenders leaving openings for the from 3. With Coutinho it was more dribbling and skill to open up defences.

Time will tell but at this moment in time we are not missing Coutinho.

Hopefully he will miss us more than we miss him. Coutinho is a fantastic player but in our team, being a midfielder in a 4 3 3 we were left exposed defensively. Having Chamberlain in midfield makes us better defensively and since we have such a potent front three we can cope without his creativity. Any injuries to the front three and no doubt we will miss him though.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:05 pm

Sorry doesnt belong to this thread but OMG arsenal is losing 2-0 to Brighton  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

could be goodbye norma jean for wenger mags
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:03 pm

More than anything, I'm impressed with the efficiency we're showing in seeing these sides off now. VVD has allowed the back 4 to settle and the rest of the lads can concentrate on breaking down these sides we usually struggle(d) against. The front 3 hasn't lost any of it's edge with the departure of Coutinho.

Good practice for the bus we will face next week. Bring 'em on.

A City win today would be lovely
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby algymoon » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:13 pm

It was great to hear about this win and last week win as well, while I was away, to keep at this pace is very important, especially against the scum at the weekend, I think one more difficult game it will against Chelsea. and if we pass them with positive results, then we can secure 3rd place. the worry is Spurs!

Good luck lads
algymoon

Postby Reg » Fri May 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games