Petr cech best goalie in europe - Call me bias

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby NiftyNeil » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:39 pm

I was shocked that Reina didn't win the award. I was of the understanding that the awards were for last seasons Champions League performances - didn't Reina save all the pens in the semi final shootout? How many did Cech save?
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:49 pm

I don't think there's a lot in it, I certainly haven't watched Cech and thought he is clearly the best keeper around.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:35 pm

Wilhelmsson Posted on Sep. 03 2007,13:31
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cech is the better keeper IMO, this is for the sole reason that’s very rare Cech will display moments of sheer and erratic madness in goal, where as Reina has done so in the past.

Cech has the better attention and concentration span then Reina and this is crucial for a keeper, but I am a fan of Reina and in his defence it’s not often he’ll make a complete hash of things, but the flap with Andrew Johnson last season, still lives well in the memory.

Both keepers are an asset to their retrospective clubs and I dislike all these unnecessary panel based accolades which are handed out like smarties.

All keepers make mistakes, but keeping them to a minimum is what the better ones do. The last one I remember Pepe making was against the bittes last year, where Cech I seem to recall was all over the place in there game against Reading this year (Yes Im sure going back there was traumatic for him) but for me Pepe has been the better of the 2 in the last 12 month and was the best in the Champions League by a frekkin mile!!! (Dida is awful, look at his displays against Seville on Friday or against Utd last season to point out only 2)

For what its worth I think Casillas is outstanding and in my opinion was every bit as instrumental in Madrids title win last year as Goldenballs and Horseface, though this being Beckhamland it doesn't really suprise me who got all the credit
burjennio

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:53 pm

I personally don't care who anyone else has got, and I'm more than happy with who we have. Awards schmawards. It's trophies for the team that matter.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Wilhelmsson » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:29 pm

burjennio wrote:All keepers make mistakes, but keeping them to a minimum is what the better ones do. The last one I remember Pepe making was against the bittes last year, where Cech I seem to recall was all over the place in there game against Reading this year (Yes Im sure going back there was traumatic for him) but for me Pepe has been the better of the 2 in the last 12 month and was the best in the Champions League by a frekkin mile!!! (Dida is awful, look at his displays against Seville on Friday or against Utd last season to point out only 2)

For what its worth I think Casillas is outstanding and in my opinion was every bit as instrumental in Madrids title win last year as Goldenballs and Horseface, though this being Beckhamland it doesn't really suprise me who got all the credit

Yes, all keepers will make mistakes like everyone else and Cech has had a blunder or two in his time with Chelsea, this aside, Cech’s command of his box, Cech’s concentration levels are distinctly higher than Reina’s IMO. I’m personally happy that the club has a keeper of Reina’s quality at the club.

FWIW, Reina’s last mistake was against MU last season where he allowed Saha to come across and distract giving O’Shea an easy goal to tap in and secure MU the vital three points. However this is a bit tit for tat IMO and I am more than pleased to have Reina, I wouldn’t swap him with Cech, Casillas, Dida or anyone else.
'There's Man Utd and Man City at the bottom of Division 1, and by God they'll take some shifting.' - Bill Shankly.
Wilhelmsson

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:35 pm

Wilhelmsson wrote:Cech’s concentration levels are distinctly higher than Reina’s IMO. I’m personally happy that the club has a keeper of Reina’s quality at the club.

I don't think it's down to concentration levels, his decision making could be better, but I wouldn't put that down to a lack of concentration.

But the question is not 'who is the best goalkeeper?' , it's 'who was the best goalkeeper in the UCL last year?'.

For this reason I find it hard to see how Cech was picked ahead of Reina, IMO Reina had the better season in Europe.
LFC2007

Postby burjennio » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:43 pm

Also think that Reina's reactions off his line are the best in the world, The best "Sweeper Keeper" around, and with the offside game we play it suits us immensely
burjennio

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:46 pm

Definitely, aswell as his quick distribution.

I think they're different types of 'keepers, but I wouldn't say Cech is distinctly better in one department or another to Reina.
LFC2007

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:49 pm

its so obvious whats happened here...

ABRAMOVICH BOUGHT THE AWARD FOR CECH!

silly us for thinking it might get awarded for hard work/clean sheets etc - no, romans big fat cheque book paid them to give it to him, lets face it, could be the only thing he wins this season - :D :laugh:
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:23 pm

stapo1000 wrote:casillas and cech imo the 2 best keepers in the world. given is up there 2. not many better than reina and he's improving all the time

You havin a fookin laugh, Shay Given is a decent keeper but no way up there with the best in europe and no way better than Reina!  :talktothehand
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby uphall diamonds » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:06 pm

Cech's a gid keeper but whats with him still wearing his head thing months after he could of taken it off :no
uphall diamonds

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm

I know we play Cheatski soon, since his arrival to the EPL, has any team scored more then 3 pass Cech?

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Hah, I'd been reading through this in confusion until I read the date. Way to dig up a 7 year old corpse :D
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby ethanr » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 pm

RedAnt » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:43 pm wrote:Hah, I'd been reading through this in confusion until I read the date. Way to dig up a 7 year old corpse :D

It's a cold case  :D
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Boocity » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:39 am

Kash_Mountain » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 pm wrote:I know we play Cheatski soon, since his arrival to the EPL, has any team scored more then 3 pass Cech?

yes we put 4 past him in 2009 in champions league
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion