10 Games In

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:22 am

jacdaniel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 am wrote:I'd like us to try 4-2-3-1 with Agger and Toure at CB, and Coutinho, Suarez as wing forwards.

Interesting idea, although personally I'd prefer

.                                               Mignolet

. Johnson           Toure/Skrtel                           Agger/Sakho              Enrique     

.                                                Lucas

Henderson            Gerrard            Coutinho

Suarez                     Sturridge

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Just watching the match again and arsenal are giving us a passing lesson. We were sluggish, disjointed and looked like strangers most of the time.
Lucas was swamped by class players, Gerrard loks tired, Henderson has no confidence and Flanagan shouldnt ever wear a Liverpool shirt again, not even round the house. The kid is totally out of his depth and why the manager played him is a mystery.
On a positive note we had chances but wasted them and Coutinho made a difference in our attacking options
:)
Thommo's perm

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 am wrote:
jacdaniel » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:41 am wrote:I'd like us to try 4-2-3-1 with Agger and Toure at CB, and Coutinho, Suarez as wing forwards.

Interesting idea, although personally I'd prefer

.                                               Mignolet

. Johnson           Toure/Skrtel                           Agger/Sakho              Enrique     

.                                                Lucas

Henderson            Gerrard            Coutinho

Suarez                     Sturridge

Sorry mate, I shudder at the thought of Lucas playing that role. He was excellent last week - his only standout game IMO. And granted Henderson and Gerrard have done him NO favours at all. But I believe the pace of the premiership is simply too fast for him. He turns as slow as the Titanic, is snail slow and simply doesn't have the ability to get around the pitch quick enough. His saving grace is that he's a fairly good reader of the game and at times is able to put fires out but he isn't consistent enough IMO. He's more suited to Italian football.

Henderson and Gerrard were equally awful but Lucas by no means is this great DM certain people make him out to be.

In fairness, we could do with a complete overhaul in midfield.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:36 pm

I don't think we've had a good or bad start to be honest. I'd say we've pretty much performed bang on expectation of a club thats going to finish in around sixth place.

I think we're going to seriously struggle to pick up points against the better sides in the league this season.

Looking at Everton's side I think we've only got one or two who'd get into their team.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm

20 points from 10 games is decent. We have to take advantage of the winnable games before the middle of december though when we have Spurs, City and Chelsea away.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:59 pm

stmichael » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm wrote:20 points from 10 games is decent. We have to take advantage of the winnable games before the middle of december though when we have Spurs, City and Chelsea away.

Yeah, but considering the fixtures, its exactly what I'd expect. For me, its been an acceptable start, with good and bad moments, nothing more, nothing less. :)
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion