The Next 5 games

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redno7 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:36 am

yep. best chance for years to finish in the top 4 - we need to show we mean it this time!
redno7
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:34 pm

I would take 9 but as some people of said could be 8,10 or 12 aslong as we win our two home games and get what we can from the aways

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:55 am

jacdaniel » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 am wrote:NewCastle (away)
West Brom (Home)
Arsenal (Away)
Fulham (Home)
Everton (Away)

How many points do people realistically think we'll get? 
I can see us getting 4 points from Newcastle and west brom.  Have a feeling we'll draw one of those 2 games.
Arsenal away is obviously tricky.
Should have too much for Fulham at Anfield.
Anything can happen in a derby.

I think 8 points wouldn't be too bad.
10 would be a very good return.
Anything more than that and Rodgers is likely to be manager of the month again  :D

Three games gone and we've picked up four points from a possible nine. Despite the disappointment of the Arsenal game four points is still pretty much in line with what most of us expected and it could easily have been a very pleasing six points if we'd taken advantage against a ten man Newcastle.

Anything less than a win against Fulham will be unacceptable and a win against Everton would be massive.

I'm still expecting 7-8 points from the 5 games listed but guardedly optimistic that we could still make it 10.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:22 pm

everton will be tough to beat at goodison, not looking forward to seeing our pedestrian one paced midfield trying to cope with a fired up ross barkley. as a lifelong bluenose he`s gonna want to destroy us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 am wrote:everton will be tough to beat at goodison, not looking forward to seeing our pedestrian one paced midfield trying to cope with a fired up ross barkley. as a lifelong bluenose he`s gonna want to destroy us.

oh well, at least we've got two weeks to put that thought to the back of our minds.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 pm

the toughest part of our season is over the chrimbo period, from the 15th of december to the 29th is a two week period where we play four games in quick succession (spurs (A), cardiff (H), man city (A) and then chelsea (A))
infact there`s another game on new years day two days after we play chelsea on the 29th at home to hull
doesnt come much tougher than that period i`ve highlighted though, 3 games against top 4 rivals, all away from home and in a relatively short space of time.
to call those cardiff and hull games `must win` is probably the understatement of the year!
we need to go on a good run now and build ourselves a bit of a cushion, if we go into january still in contention after that lot we`ve got a hell of a chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm

If we survive December than we're definitely in for it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Everton away won't be easy, but if we put in a result, I think we can go onto a run into the festive period.

However, playing Chelsea and Man City within 3 days of each is a worry as we simply don't have their squad depth. A couple of injuries in December could cause all sorts of damage to our season.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:10 pm

we can still make it ten points by beating the bitters.
that game will be a big test for us and hopefully we are better prepared after the arsenal game.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:05 am

At the start of the thread I said 8 would be good, 10 very good and anything else would be a bonus.
As long as we don't get beat by Everton I think we've done quite good.  A win would be a fantastic result though. 

Still a bit disappointed that we didn't beat Newcastle considering the red card.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:26 pm

I'd rather play a team of mercinaries in Chelsea and City over the festive period rather than a team of hard working grafters. They will be playing many games as well in that period so we have a good chance of picking up points.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:30 pm

We will rip them a new ar'sehole!
COYRM!
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:43 pm

kazza » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:26 pm wrote:I'd rather play a team of mercinaries in Chelsea and City over the festive period rather than a team of hard working grafters. They will be playing many games as well in that period so we have a good chance of picking up points.

it is definately a tricky spell though, given our record in recent years at white hart lane and given how hard it is to beat chelsea and city on their own grounds we could quite easily come out of those 3 fixtures with a grand total of 0 points.
on the other hand we could win all 3 games and catapult ourselves into a position where we not only have a great chance of finishing in the top 4 but winning the title too.
there`s a hell of a lot of footy to be played between now and christmas but that group of fixtures is starting to shape up as a key juncture in our season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 pm

jumping ahead a bit, After the Everton game we have:

Hull                     (A)       3
Norwich               (H)       3
West Ham           (H)       3
Spurs                  (A)        1
Cardiff                (H)       3

We should be looking at 10 -15 out of that 15.  10 being an absolute minimum, say if Spurs were to beat us and we slipped up in one of the other games. 

These matches will tell us a lot about our team.  Are we able to go on a run and beat these sides and get a result at Spurs or will we be inconsistent and have one of those frustrating afternoons at Anfield against a smaller side. 

Win these games and the City / Chelsea matches will be bonus territory.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby redno7 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:44 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:01 pm wrote:jumping ahead a bit, After the Everton game we have:

Hull                     (A)       3
Norwich               (H)       3
West Ham           (H)       3
Spurs                  (A)        1
Cardiff                (H)       3

We should be looking at 10 -15 out of that 15.  10 being an absolute minimum, say if Spurs were to beat us and we slipped up in one of the other games. 

These matches will tell us a lot about our team.  Are we able to go on a run and beat these sides and get a result at Spurs or will we be inconsistent and have one of those frustrating afternoons at Anfield against a smaller side. 

Win these games and the City / Chelsea matches will be bonus territory.

Let me help, my thoughts on these five games...

Hull                     (A)       WIN 1 - 3
Norwich               (H)       WIN 4 - 0
West Ham           (H)       WIN 4 - 0
Spurs                  (A)        Draw 1 - 1
Cardiff                (H)       WIN 6 - 1

from the 18 goals scored, Suarez 9, Sturridge 5, others 4

I'm having a bet that Liverpool will be top of the League come new years Day.
redno7
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion