liverpool vs fc toronto sat 21st july 2012 ko@ 2100uk

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:47 pm

I thought Pacheco looked bright and with a little more composure and a lot more thought with his crossing he could be a decent asset for the reds to have at their disposal.

I agree with Ben on Sama the kid looked like he could be a good defender in the future ,the same goes for Wisdom ,both
gave assured performances for their age .

Aquilani pinged some nice balls across that pitch ,as did Adam ,but both looked sluggish in the tackle .
Carragher played more passes last night on the ground than I think he did in three seasons.  :laugh: 

Delighted for young Morgan and Sterling ,both have massive futures in the game ,and I've saved the best for last Suso left me virtually mesmerized last night with his close control in the box ...this kid is going to have so many potential suitors knocking at the door we best knock the club shop down to make space.

Oh and LUCAS IS BACK
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

Yep RBG, forgot to mention Pacheco, he stood out in the first half. I'd like to see him stick around this season.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:47 pm

fivecups » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:21 pm wrote:Yep RBG, forgot to mention Pacheco, he stood out in the first half. I'd like to see him stick around this season.

He had a standout 45 mins mate
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:19 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am wrote:
Here we go again. Another season of slagging players off because you personally don't like them. Grow up.

Joe Cole played ok, no worse than the majority of the team. He didn't stand out but neither did any of the more senior players.

It's all well and good praising the youth players like Pacheco, Suso and Sterling but they will not feature that much this season. Rodgers won't play them. He has already said he will manage the expectation of the youth players realistically, he said recently that Sterling is too young for the first team ths season.

So assuming the likes of Joe Cole and Aquilani don't have a shocker this preseason (so far so good) you'll be seeing more of them.  :nod

Listen  SCS ?

Everyone is perfectly entitled to put forward their opinion ,you like Cole I don't, and regardless of any heated debates that might ensue after proffering a statement pertaining  to the waning of his already staggeringly bad game, its practically already set in stone that I wont be amending my view.

So can we please let go of this belief its anything to do with the lad being from London ,if that's what you're alluding to ?

I wasn't alluding to that actually.

My point was not understanding why some on here cannot be objective. Put aside your personal tastes in a player and judge them on a performance basis. Joe Cole had an average game but not a bad one by any stretch of the imagination.

It's comes across petty and totally invalidates your opinion when you cannot be objective.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:54 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:39 pm wrote:I wasn't alluding to that actually.

My point was not understanding why some on here cannot be objective. Put aside your personal tastes in a player and judge them on a performance basis. Joe Cole had an average game but not a bad one by any stretch of the imagination.

It's comes across petty and totally invalidates your opinion when you cannot be objective.

I would say conversely ,that I always try to make a concerted effort to remain objective ,its just Joe Cole  is so out of his depth playing  for a team who now have a young much sought after innovative manager that his stagnated movement could have a detrimental effect on the fluidity Rodgers expects from this team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:22 pm

I doubt we'll have to worry about Joe Cole stagnating BR's style of play. If he doesn't fit the bill, BR won't play him. It's really that simple.

While his handling of Carroll in public leads me to believe that he is still naive in the ways of media management, atleast he has a very clear idea on the type of players that will suit his approach.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 pm

I thought a lot of other senior players stood out. As some have said Spearing looked very assured on the ball. Watching him live you can see how much work he does off the ball. He was running all over the place yesterday - I'd say the other players love playing with him because he really works hard. Having said that, I think last season showed that he's just not quite good enough to make it to the very top. Skrtel and Agger at the back looked class. Aquilani shows he has class, he worked hard enough yesterday, but ultimately he doesn't want to be here.[/quote]
strange that, when Agger wasn't even there..?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games