Liverpool v malaysia xi - 16th july 10:45 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 am

red_guy wrote:Went to the game. 80,000+ crowd. Aqua is definitely MOTM for me.

Finally got to watch the match (had a 6:15 tee time, am, match started at 5:30am) Aqua was awesome, N'gog is a completely different player when he's got some confidence.  Kelly looked really good too.

Cole looked c.rap, Soto and Wilson were shocking.  Flanno and Robinson each had some good bits and some poor ones, youth was showing.

Coady has been very impressive in the two games thus far.  Really enjoying seeing Adam not only spraying balls all over the pitch, but you can see the strength of character in him, a true leader.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:39 am

The Liverpool team stopped by Singapore for a training sessions for the invited fans. i was there, thanks to Standard Chartered who conveniently gave the best tickets and goodie bags to their own staff.

even though there were numerous names missing such as Reina, Johnson, Dalglish, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Suarez and Lucas...it was still a very nice experience to see others such as Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Carroll, Adam and my fave Agger up close.

Adam truly has a lovely left foot. he made the crowd go "ooh" a couple of times with his shots. Martin Kelly is really a charismatic guy! i like him. after he scored, he celebrated as though it was a real match. another fan fave was Agger, with his new mohawk and tattoos throughout his left arm. can't wait to see him back in action. for a defender, his accuracy whereby shooting is concerned is superb.

Kuyt is very friendly with the supporters, always acknowledging them while Shelvey had a huge group chanting his name. would give his confidence a great lift seeing the support he has. oh and Insua! omg i'm not sure if he has become more muscular or fat but i swear he has become wider :D

i believe the team has left for UK already by now, and one of my friends in SC leaked to me which hotel they were staying at. i was very tempted to go in but i decided not to as they were probably tired or sleeping as it was 11++ by then. i'll meet them again another time :) and the weather isn't exactly friendly to Westerners, scorching hot. really wanted Carra to sign my copy of his bio but didn't get a chance to meet him.

security was bloody tight and i was surprised at the location because i expected it to be at a different venue where the supporters could be closer to the pitch but they chose a stadium where there was a track in between. and the condition of the pitch was ghastly. even though it was just a training session, i expected better. it was horrible, like a Sunday amateur team's field.

Agger and Kelly :buttrock.

i'll upload the photos when i have the time. for those who want to, just send me an email and i'll add you on Facebook. i'll be uploading the pics up there tonight.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:34 pm

get those pics up mate!! :p
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Greavesie wrote:get those pics up mate!! :p

you could see the state of the pitch they were training on. very poor.

maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:58 pm

Ian Rush and Phil Thompson were there as well.

look at how much weight Insua has gained!  :oh:

the guy in the middle in front of Robinson was training alone with one of the coaches.

maypaxvobiscum

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:04 pm

Carroll looks like he just won competition to come out onto the pitch   :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:19 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:The Liverpool team stopped by Singapore for a training sessions for the invited fans. i was there, thanks to Standard Chartered who conveniently gave the best tickets and goodie bags to their own staff.

even though there were numerous names missing such as Reina, Johnson, Dalglish, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson, Suarez and Lucas...it was still a very nice experience to see others such as Cole, Meireles, Aquilani, Carroll, Adam and my fave Agger up close.

Adam truly has a lovely left foot. he made the crowd go "ooh" a couple of times with his shots. Martin Kelly is really a charismatic guy! i like him. after he scored, he celebrated as though it was a real match. another fan fave was Agger, with his new mohawk and tattoos throughout his left arm. can't wait to see him back in action. for a defender, his accuracy whereby shooting is concerned is superb.

Kuyt is very friendly with the supporters, always acknowledging them while Shelvey had a huge group chanting his name. would give his confidence a great lift seeing the support he has. oh and Insua! omg i'm not sure if he has become more muscular or fat but i swear he has become wider :D

i believe the team has left for UK already by now, and one of my friends in SC leaked to me which hotel they were staying at. i was very tempted to go in but i decided not to as they were probably tired or sleeping as it was 11++ by then. i'll meet them again another time :) and the weather isn't exactly friendly to Westerners, scorching hot. really wanted Carra to sign my copy of his bio but didn't get a chance to meet him.

security was bloody tight and i was surprised at the location because i expected it to be at a different venue where the supporters could be closer to the pitch but they chose a stadium where there was a track in between. and the condition of the pitch was ghastly. even though it was just a training session, i expected better. it was horrible, like a Sunday amateur team's field.

Agger and Kelly :buttrock.

i'll upload the photos when i have the time. for those who want to, just send me an email and i'll add you on Facebook. i'll be uploading the pics up there tonight.

hmm.. i wonder which hotel you're talking about..

:D

lol i wish i could've gone to the bishan stadium. i was real tempted to go creep out to the pool at mbs but i persuaded myself not to be a loony.

whoever was swimming that afternoon must know that they were so fuc.kin lucky though.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games