GALATASARAY VS LIVERPOOL - 28 july 2011 ko: 19:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:53 am

jacdaniel wrote:People need to stop over reacting.  There was no Suarez, Pepe, Carra, Gerrard, Johnno, Skrtel, Lucas, Meiriles, Adam, Hendo, Downing.

It was just a bunch of youths and reserves going to a difficult country to gain some fitness.  I imagine something closer to our first 11 will play on Monday night.

God help us if our fans are gonna turn on the manager over a glorified training session.

Exactly.

Who was missing - a whole squad and a half. Enough for a completely different sqaud to play on Monday against Valerenga.

Some people on here need their heads checked FFS.

We play a weak second string side against a European starting XI. What did you fucking expect? Like Kenny said it was more about giving some of the more senior players (Carroll, Doni, Aquilani, etc) playing time. As long as they were knackered at the end of the game, that is all that counts.

Dry your eyes.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

jacdaniel wrote:People need to stop over reacting.  There was no Suarez, Pepe, Carra, Gerrard, Johnno, Skrtel, Lucas, Meiriles, Adam, Hendo, Downing.

It was just a bunch of youths and reserves going to a difficult country to gain some fitness.  I imagine something closer to our first 11 will play on Monday night.

God help us if our fans are gonna turn on the manager over a glorified training session.

Where is the pride? Even preseason friendlies represent the club's prestige & how much depth it has. Obviously we still have very little if these results are anything to go by. We may depend on these players to replace injured first 11 players, then what?

I want at least one serious performance from the kids that does not let 3 or more goals!
killerp

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 am

alwayslfc wrote:I'd love to see whether we'll concede 3 more goals or even more in the next pre-season game. This is awful. I'd be very happy if we don't get relegated next season. I think we'll be beaten by Sunderland in our first game of the season. It looks like Hodgson is back in charge again after heavy plastic surgery to look like Kenny.

Forget about CL qualification. I know it was a reserve side, but this just doesn't do much confidence to the team as a whole unless Kenny is a miracle worker. Sad times to be a Liverpool fan indeed. Kenny definitely resign if this kind of scoreline continues till Christmas.

embarassing
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 am

stmichael wrote:
alwayslfc wrote:I'd love to see whether we'll concede 3 more goals or even more in the next pre-season game. This is awful. I'd be very happy if we don't get relegated next season. I think we'll be beaten by Sunderland in our first game of the season. It looks like Hodgson is back in charge again after heavy plastic surgery to look like Kenny.

Forget about CL qualification. I know it was a reserve side, but this just doesn't do much confidence to the team as a whole unless Kenny is a miracle worker. Sad times to be a Liverpool fan indeed. Kenny definitely resign if this kind of scoreline continues till Christmas.

embarassing

hilarious :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:32 am

killerp wrote:

Where is the pride? Even preseason friendlies represent the club's prestige & how much depth it has. Obviously we still have very little if these results are anything to go by. We may depend on these players to replace injured first 11 players, then what?

I want at least one serious performance from the kids that does not let 3 or more goals!

Your basically saying you think our third string side should beat a European first team, no excuses.

Pleb.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

alwayslfc wrote:Another point, because I'm so pessimistic now, I believe after the first 4 premier games, we'll be at the bottom three. And Kenny could resign by October. Maybe he shouldn't have come back for his legendary status sake. I just hope we don't be playing Division 1 football after this next season because our standards is more fitting to play in Div 1, all PL teams seem to be too good for Liverpool.

I'd love to hear some bashing replies from anyone.

mate, with comments like that your just not worth the effort...   :talktothehand
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:49 am

on a sidenote i forgot degen is still here  :angry:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:08 am

Wow, everyone is moaning.

Reserve judgement until the season kicks off.

'calm down'.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby worcester_red » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:39 am

Considering there was only about 2 first team players in that team I'm not to worried, pre season counts for feck all, I can remember a few seasons back when we won all the games with ease and started the league off in terrible form and vice versa. Pre season is all about fitness and giving fringe players a run out
worcester_red

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:52 am

We will win the league
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby jacdaniel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:54 am

The kids need the senior players like Gerrard/Carra etc to guide them. 
Thats why you never see a team of kids. But they can be introduced to an already established team.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm

alwayslfc wrote:I'd be very happy if we don't get relegated next season.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Greavesie » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:26 pm

alwayslfc wrote:Another point, because I'm so pessimistic now, I believe after the first 4 premier games, we'll be at the bottom three. And Kenny could resign by October. Maybe he shouldn't have come back for his legendary status sake. I just hope we don't be playing Division 1 football after this next season because our standards is more fitting to play in Div 1, all PL teams seem to be too good for Liverpool.

alwayslfc? you sure?  :D

check the starting line up for a dose of reality fella, no Downing, Adam, Carra, Agger, Jonno, Pepe or Suarez...

dont get me wrong its not encouraging that we have that much cr@p in our squad and half of them cant be relied on but that was nowhere near anything we'll be fielding in the league next season
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby mistyred » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Greavesie wrote:

alwayslfc? you sure?  :D

check the starting line up for a dose of reality fella, no Downing, Adam, Carra, Agger, Jonno, Pepe or Suarez...

dont get me wrong its not encouraging that we have that much cr@p in our squad and half of them cant be relied on but that was nowhere near anything we'll be fielding in the league next season

Rafa got most of those players and Hodgson the rest say's it all really  :D  :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:56 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:We play a weak second string side against a European starting XI. What did you fucking expect?

If thats the plan then we shouldnt be playing senior club opponents but focus on Roherham United away from home.

Galatasaray expect a game - deservedly so, they´ve invested a lot of money bringing Liverpool over.

I suspect Liverpool are at fault as a club, we agree to play a good club then send a weak time and get thrashed. We shouldnt accept the invitation.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games