liverpool vs fc toronto sat 21st july 2012 ko@ 2100uk

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:08 pm

not bad for a 1st preseason game with mostly youth players.
sterling is a real live wire and there's no way id let him out on loan.suso looks like he could be the real deal and that ball that he put through for robinson was straight from the zidane handbook.delighted for morgan getting his first senior goal and he looks like he could be a real fox in the box type player.
we looked comfortable on the ball and player with real tempo but we were just lacking an experienced finisher on the night.
if any of these lads are good enough to be a regular fixture in the 1st team then they should be given the chance.
bring on the next game :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:15 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm wrote:Joe Cole is so bad its not even funny any more ,Suso is the type of  player you would pay to see train....
All in all not a bad workout for our reserves .

yeah agreed.
1st time id seen suso in a match and well impressed with him.
like a few of the other youths he looks to have a real hunger on him and without doubt id pay to watch him train.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Suso and Sterling came out of it best really in an expermimental match.

First half Jordan Ibe looked lively and Pacheo did alright to be fair.

Had to tell like as these pre season games are rubbish but Joe Cole, Jesus wept  :no

Poor spectacle overall as these warm up games are usually with Rodgers taking a look
at the lower tiers of the squad, and aside from the odd one or two not much there to
get excited about.

Not that it matters really but Toronto were shyte  :)
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby kartiek » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:02 am

It's clear and suso, sterling, and Robinson will eventually make it to the first team. I wish I could say the same for adorjan, but he didn't impress today.

Morgan needs to sort his back out, for some reason he seems to have his head too close to his chest all the time! He looked ok.

Shelvey did ok as well. I agree with benny, aquilani couldn't look a least bit bothered out there which is a shame.

Cold did well IMO, other than his 1 poor cross and dead ball shot. So I agree with ethan, he could play a decent role in the coming season.

Suso though... So good!
kartiek

Postby fivecups » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:51 am

Trundled down to the Rogers Centre today to watch this. Very interesting it was too. Nice to see so many of our prospects up close. Great to see Lucas on the pitch. Adams and Cole are fat and slow. Torontonian LFC birds are fit!! The Rogers Centre is a great stadium with it's moving roof. You can buy tins of beer while watching the match, without having to leave your seat - f*ck yeah. Particularly enjoyed watching Sterling and Pacheco playing down the left. Suso and Robinson also did well. Sama could be one for the future. Not convinced by Ecclestone and didn't see much from Morgan.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 am

Lucky we have that ebay lad on our books, as I can see a few bids coming in for him.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby The Raven » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:14 am

Suso, Sterling stood out.

Jonjo and Pach looked good,

Nice little game in the second half, i have a feeling Sterling will start a lot more games this season
The Raven

Postby ethanr » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 am

Why are so many bagging on Joe cole? I thought he looked pretty good today.

But i'm drunk out of my f*cking mind.. but still I'm pretty sure i remember him paying well today regardless of my scurretn state of mind.  Hem sy fit in just fiend
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Ben Patrick » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:34 am

Like most i was really impressed with the young lads, especially Sterling Suso and the lad at the back in the first half Sama, who looked composed on the ball.

It was great to see Lucas back, i think he will love working under Rodgers as well.

Adam Morgan was proper made up with his goal, he went mad  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 am

red till i die!! » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:15 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:03 pm wrote:Joe Cole is so bad its not even funny any more ,Suso is the type of  player you would pay to see train....

yeah agreed.
like a few of the other youths he looks to have a real hunger on him and without doubt id pay to watch him train.

Here we go again. Another season of slagging players off because you personally don't like them. Grow up.

Joe Cole played ok, no worse than the majority of the team. He didn't stand out but neither did any of the more senior players.

It's all well and good praising the youth players like Pacheco, Suso and Sterling but they will not feature that much this season. Rodgers won't play them. He has already said he will manage the expectation of the youth players realistically, he said recently that Sterling is too young for the first team ths season.

So assuming the likes of Joe Cole and Aquilani don't have a shocker this preseason (so far so good) you'll be seeing more of them.  :nod
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:33 am

Cole was ok with one good ball into the box but overall his delivery into the box was poor. Aquilani didn't look too bothered about it all.

Would expect to see a lot more from both or they will both be out of the door
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:33 am wrote:Cole was ok with one good ball into the box but overall his delivery into the box was poor. Aquilani didn't look too bothered about it all.

Would expect to see a lot more from both or they will both be out of the door

there`s a surprise, you having a sly dig at aquilani.  :glare:
i thought aquilani did well, he kept the ball well and sprayed it wide quite a few times bringing the likes of pacheco and ibe into the game, he even looked quite aggressive when he had to fight for the ball which shows he knows which area`s of his game he needs to improve on and he is working on them.
i think he is a top player who could play in this system with his eyes closed.
i think people are being a bit harsh on joe cole, maybe he was a bit quiet at times and those 2 attempted crosses late on were awful but i thought on a couple of occassions he showed a little burst of acceleration to go past a player that i didnt think he possessed anymore.
he looks quite sharp, i think playing week in and week out in france has done him the world of good.
i thought spearing had a good game as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:19 pm

It wasn't sly at all.

It was there to be said

I would expect to see more if he wants a chance this season and not get outshone by his younger less expirenced teammates.

He didn't look bothered
Benny The Noon

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:19 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am wrote:
Here we go again. Another season of slagging players off because you personally don't like them. Grow up.

Joe Cole played ok, no worse than the majority of the team. He didn't stand out but neither did any of the more senior players.

It's all well and good praising the youth players like Pacheco, Suso and Sterling but they will not feature that much this season. Rodgers won't play them. He has already said he will manage the expectation of the youth players realistically, he said recently that Sterling is too young for the first team ths season.

So assuming the likes of Joe Cole and Aquilani don't have a shocker this preseason (so far so good) you'll be seeing more of them.  :nod

Listen  SCS ?

Everyone is perfectly entitled to put forward their opinion ,you like Cole I don't, and regardless of any heated debates that might ensue after proffering a statement pertaining  to the waning of his already staggeringly bad game, its practically already set in stone that I wont be amending my view.

So can we please let go of this belief its anything to do with the lad being from London ,if that's what you're alluding to ?
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:38 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:15 pm wrote:

yeah agreed.

I thought a lot of other senior players stood out. As some have said Spearing looked very assured on the ball. Watching him live you can see how much work he does off the ball. He was running all over the place yesterday - I'd say the other players love playing with him because he really works hard. Having said that, I think last season showed that he's just not quite good enough to make it to the very top. Skrtel and Agger at the back looked class. Aquilani shows he has class, he worked hard enough yesterday, but ultimately he doesn't want to be here.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games