4th spot and us! - Our progression

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:39 pm

If we have the right players then we can go far. I know it takes more than that to win it, but let's just get back into the competition first.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Once they are all singing from the same hymn sheet and play as a unit we will see the best of them
We have only played five games and the signs are there
Believe
Thommo's perm

Postby zarababe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:59 pm

i'm worried about our inability in front of goal.. look how many chances we should have put away agains stoke and yesterday against wolves too..

will be interestin as the mancs were pretty ordinary without rooney, but that said we r just not putting away our chances.. 4th.. mmmm
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:57 am

Penguins wrote:
tubby wrote:You mean Kenny?

Pretty sure Comolli isn't without blame either.
Not sure who makes all the decisions, but with that major investment 4th is a must.

Here's a wacky idea.

How about lets wait to see how the season pans out before pointing the finger.

You define the word 'fickle'.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:05 am

Man City spent WAY more than us and they missed out on 4th at the first attempt.  They only managed CL qualification last season.  Granted their squad was a lot worse than ours before the investment... but still, progress doesnt always happen overnight ya know. 

I dont neccesarily think anyone will be "to blame" if we don't finish 4th.   3 teams are well ahead of us and Spurs are still a very decent side.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby haps » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:13 am

I do feel a little sad that after years competing in the CL - regular quarter, semi, finals' appearances and so nearly grabbed the title a few years ago, that this is where we are ... totally unsure that we'll nab the 4th spot.  I know we've been wrecked by the yank :censored: involvement and the landscape has changed with Citeh becoming another oil-rich country's plaything but still ... I think the investments will pay off (mostly - not sure about Adam or Henderson either, but hopeful) and that patience shall be rewarded.  It still sometimes hits me like a rock to think that we haven't won the league in 21 years and the scum up the road have overtaken us.  :(    Sorry - it's Monday; not feeling the brightest.
haps

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:50 am

haps wrote:I do feel a little sad that after years competing in the CL - regular quarter, semi, finals' appearances and so nearly grabbed the title a few years ago, that this is where we are ... totally unsure that we'll nab the 4th spot.  I know we've been wrecked by the yank :censored: involvement and the landscape has changed with Citeh becoming another oil-rich country's plaything but still ... I think the investments will pay off (mostly - not sure about Adam or Henderson either, but hopeful) and that patience shall be rewarded.  It still sometimes hits me like a rock to think that we haven't won the league in 21 years and the scum up the road have overtaken us.  :(    Sorry - it's Monday; not feeling the brightest.

Have to blame the yanks for that.  Always felt we were just a player or two short during the Benitez era.  But the longer the lack of investment went on, the more unhappy others players became. 

Need to move on from that now though... the level of teams in the CL is actually quite poor.  If we finish top 4 this year i think we'd comfortably qualify for last 16 at least.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:13 pm

jacdaniel wrote:Have to blame the yanks for that.  Always felt we were just a player or two short during the Benitez era.

If Rafa was backed to get targets like our owners are backing Kenny now we'd be a major force. David Silva and Daniel Alves for starters would be wearing our shirt. We'd also have signed Simao back in the day instead of Jermaine Pennant.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:15 pm

stmichael wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Have to blame the yanks for that.  Always felt we were just a player or two short during the Benitez era.

If Rafa was backed to get targets like our owners are backing Kenny now we'd be a major force. David Silva and Daniel Alves for starters would be wearing our shirt. We'd also have signed Simao back in the day instead of Jermaine Pennant.

:shifty
Thommo's perm

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion