Well done rafa. you got that spot on!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby darwisigila » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:13 am

we need to play with 2 strikers and  garcia should :censored: off. i dont mind the scoreline, lost is lost and its hurt. i agree with siti zaiton, rafa is stubborn to stick with 4-5-1 and especially with garcia. our defenders must play like chelsea defender- robust and dirty, look they way the handle our players in penalty box........:angry:
darwisigila

Postby Alanay » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:06 am

I'm kind of agree with everybody here. 4-5-1 cannot do the job in EPL. We need at least 4-4-1-1. With a floater striker that can be a striker and also attacking midfielder. But, this guy must drift to the front frequently. Must be an aggresive one and fast. Cisse can do well I think. and Gerrard of course, he can be a good striker. We need Sissoko in the heart of the midfield that break down the attack and react superfast. Garcia, probably can be the supersub only. His energy and move as he come on as a sub will make a difference. Lone striker will not get us more goals.

But, we need to move forward. It's still early, but we must avoid a bigger 'point' gap.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:04 am

I have always had failth in Rafa Benitez, I have although sometimes not agreed with everythinh he has done, believed the guy knows football, and knows how to get a result. 

However, Rafa Benitez made several mistakes on Sunday.

I, like many other on here, don't have any faith in the 4-5-1 set up we now play.  It may work if we had a player like Michael Owen in the team who can picj up the ball and beat a defender, but that is not what Crouch is about.  It may work if we had an attacking midfielder who managed to join up with the play and not give the ball away 90% of the time.  It may work if our defence was a bit faster and could therefore move up the pitch with a bit more confidence, therefore pushing the whole team up the pitch.  BUT RIGHT NOW WE DON'T HAVE THE PLAYERS TO PULL THIS OFF.

Surely at home we should be playing 2 up front.  I personally don't think Cisse is anywhere near godd enough, but if he is our only option, I say give him a go.  Cisse and Criouch seemed to ask a few more questions when our attack became 2 pronged.

We where playing Chelsea, at home.  They have the best defence in the EPL, and we played a target man up on his own.  This does not make ANY sense at all.

Benitez and Liverpool unfortunately came totally undone and showed that some of his decisions where tactically inept, when he then took off 2 defenders and replaced them with Sissoko and Cisse.  Again wrong thing to do.  We where lucky not to have been beaten by even more goals. You can't defend against Chelsea with only 2 natural defenders.

This is still very much a work in progress team, but we seem to have gone back a step this season.  We simply don't look like scoring with the current forwards and style of play.

Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are still the big 3.  We are no where near as good as them.  I think the gap at the top this year will almost certainly be greater than last year, and if we continue in this vain, we will be lucky to make it into the UEFA cup places, never mind the Champions League.

Rafa has got to try and put his own stamp on things, he has to have his team playing his way, but the art of being a good manager in any job is knowing when things are not working and have the balls to change it.

I actually think we where not that different on Sunday as we where on Wednesday, on both occasions we never looked like scoring... ok ok, I know the result was very different, but the main difference on Sunday was, like in the Champions League final we went behind to an early goal and we lost our shape,   Fortunately in Istanbul we got back into the game and steadied the ship, getting back to defending well, but on Sunday we never looked like breaking Chelseas defence, and as the game went on I could only see one result.

This is not the time to attack our club, lets get behind them, they need us know more that ever.  I hope Rafa does what he needs to do, play attractive attacking football and not get to lost in the tactics game.

A great man once said.. "football is a simple game"... Rafa let not overcomplicate things.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:28 am

Come on !!!! Don't push them down ( Rafa and Liverpool ) .  They need us just like we need them to win in every matches .
LiverpoolMadman

Postby tubby » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:32 am

Thank you.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:29 am

well......i hate to say this, but the signs were there when we drew so many games in this season....i was already critical of rafa on :

1)4-5-1

2)Selling baros (as he was the only striker we had who is capable in playing in 4-5-1)

3)Favourism to moro and garcia - I have already mentioned that i don't rate morientes and garcia. Garcia might score a goal every 3 or 4 games...but that does not discount the fact that he cannot perform in the premiership.

4)Mistreating of cisse - just look at what has happened to him. He was banging in goals in pre-season....won us the super cup, and he still gets dropped. And when he plays it is always a a RW.......

But then there were always those "experts" here...who come out with such "impressive" answers such as :

1)Nothing is wrong...we lost there last season, so a draw is a good result..........

2)Baros only scored 13 goals last season...crouch scored more for southampton...even garcia scored 13 goals.

3)4-5-1 or 4-4-2....it does not matter what formation u play.....

4)Cisse had no football brains....

i rest my case....... But although i am critical of rafa..i still think he is the best manager to take us forward. But he has to be less stubborn when it comes to the choice of players and the tactics he uses. I mean what kind of tactics is it to just knoc the ball to crouch ? THIS IS NOT HOW LIVERPOOL PLAYS............

This wouldn't be such a bad result if we had won against spurs, boro and birmingham......
Last edited by The_Rock on Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:28 am

I have just read this which is a quote from Raffa the Gaffer..

"It was a bad defeat but we can take positives from it. We played well in the first half and controlled the game against a good team. How many chances did Chelsea have before the penalty? That shows our plan was working and that we were in control.

"We are playing better than our current results suggest. Sometimes the difference between drawing and winning is only one opportunity. If we played badly against Chelsea I'd be concerned but in the first half we played really well against a team as good as them.

Now call me old fashioned BUT we may be playing well until we get into the final third of the pitch and then we look clueless.. We don't look like scoring, not just against Chelsea, But anyone!!

Can this really be called playing well??
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby BringBackTiti » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:33 am

I hate FRANK LAMPARD sorry had to get that of my chest!

Just been looking at the fixtures there and we havent really got one of the so called bigger teams until Newcastle on the 26th of December so I think we should be able to put a good run together here.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:46 am

What a gang off muppets!

OH LIVERPOOL WE LOVE YOU
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:51 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:This is not the time to attack our club, lets get behind them, they need us know more that ever.  I hope Rafa does what he needs to do, play attractive attacking football and not get to lost in the tactics game.

I am not, as I am sure other forum members here are not, attacking the club we love and support immensley.

I am just highlighting the obvious facts that are not doing Lpool any favours at the moment. Tactics and player selection.
Why 4-5-1?
Why Traore? Why Garcia? When we have Warrnock or Rise at LB, which then frees up a left Mid position for somone like Zenden, who hasnt been given a real chance yet.

Its a true saying the crowd is fickle.
Yes we are current European champions, yes we have won the most top flight division titles, yes we want to comete with the best.
And to be a part of all this, we need to have CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM on these boards, and with this, heated debates are likely to occur.

To me this is not putting our club down, it is only highlighting occurances, events and problems that don't seem right to the majority of Lpool fans.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:54 am

I think you have taken this ut of context, generally my whole post agrees that mistakes have been made, but all I was saying in that particular quote was we need to stay firmly behind our team, our club and our manager!
Ola Mr Benitez

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion