Fixtures to 4th spot

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 109-1105722616 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:21 am

i hope we do, cant bear a season of the bluesh1te rubbing it in that they finished above us.  they are only playing well because their players are all waiting on new contracts
109-1105722616

Postby liamac » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:44 am

Funny that , i posted  a thread about the fixture list for Everton 2 days ago , basicly saying that they had a very difficult run in and that we should all feel confident of  taking the 4th spot , and my thread was taken off !!.......???
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:14 am

stmichael wrote:
Big Niall wrote:What are the odds that Heskey plays a blinder for Birmingham and scores?

3000/1 :D

Less than the odds he'll even play.  he's had a achilles problem lately and has missed the last two matches.  We;ll find otu soon enough though
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:07 am

James McFadden says finishing above Liverpool is the most important aim for Everton this season.
David Moyes' men have been the surprise package of the season, and currently sit in fourth place in the table.
Liverpool are in fifth, five points behind their Merseyside rivals in what could turn out to be a fierce battle for the final UEFA Champions League spot.
Scottish winger McFadden says that finishing above The Reds is the club's main aim - even if they were not challenging for Europe.
"It would be great just to finish above them," said McFadden. "No matter if we were 15th - just as long as Liverpool were 16th.
"The people who work at Everton are all Evertonians and they always look at Liverpool's results just to make sure we stay above them.
"After we lost 4-1 at home to Arsenal in the first game of the season, everyone said we were going to get relegated.
"We realised we had to pull together and we've done ever so well to bounce back from that.
"Even if we lost every game from now until May, this season would still have to be considered as a success.
"But I hope that doesn't happen. There's no reason why we can't keep up our form and get into the Champions League, or at the very least into the Uefa Cup."
Everton play host to league leaders Chelsea next on Sunday, but with Jose Mourinho's side faltering at home to Manchester City, Everton will fancy their chances of getting something from the game.

It seems to me that they really want to finish ahead of Liverpool. Although I feel slight concern at the fact that they want to beat us more than we want to beat them, I must feel sorry for the fans because being more concerned about finishing ahead of Liverpool than a UEFA spot is truly the position of losers. Reading the article does give me the feeling that they are beginning to feel the pressure.

LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER BLUESHITE, BECAUSE THE REDS ARE COMING.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion