Owens move to real... strong rumours! - Concerning his family...read on dudes

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kenco » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:09 pm

Hyppia would not get into any of the teams i qouted,and as for kewell on present form he'd struggle to get into the chester team.the thruth is we have only one world class player at the moment and that's stevie g, the jury's still out over alonso we need more time to make a realistic assesment.one world class player at anfield is'nt enough for us to make a challenge for the top throphys.do you think am wrong? :( :(
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 10, 2004 1:43 pm

kenco wrote:Hyppia would not get into any of the teams i qouted,and as for kewell on present form he'd struggle to get into the chester team.the thruth is we have only one world class player at the moment and that's stevie g, the jury's still out over alonso we need more time to make a realistic assesment.one world class player at anfield is'nt enough for us to make a challenge for the top throphys.do you think am wrong? :( :(

like i said, Kewell is a world class player, obviously he's not playing like one, but overrall everyone knows he has the ability, and he's shown that alot during his career.
i agree that we need better players, but it's not always about the players, its the systems they use and how they perform together.porto and valencia amongst others have shown this, and of course Real Madrid are the ultimate example of the opposite. they have the best in the world.
i do disagree about Hyppia.

over-all i do agree that we need some brand new talent. you dont have to go out and buy the best players in the world to win trophies though. obviously it might help but not necessarily.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby kenco » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:44 pm

jim don't toe the party line,thruth is like it or not were not good enough,end of story.and while fan's who know nothing else or never had anything to do do with l.f.c.pre fowler days fiffteen twenty year old's there dad's told them about the great day's,well i was there,iv'e seen it , know what it take's.Watched them for forty odd year's wish people on this forum  would get a thruth injection, taste realality, look life in the face, get a life, kick some ar*e.i'm sorry to say this but the way thing's are going, i can't see use winning the league with'in the next ten year's. ??? :O
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:50 pm

kenco wrote:jim don't toe the party line,thruth is like it or not were not good enough,end of story.and while fan's who know nothing else or never had anything to do do with l.f.c.pre fowler days fiffteen twenty year old's there dad's told them about the great day's,well i was there,iv'e seen it , know what it take's.Watched them for forty odd year's wish people on this forum  would get a thruth injection, taste realality, look life in the face, get a life, kick some ar*e.i'm sorry to say this but the way thing's are going, i can't see use winning the league with'in the next ten year's. ??? :O

you seem to be on your defensive about trying to prove we're not good enough comparing us to the glory years, and as a result keep missing my point.
i didnt say we were good enough, i actualy i agree that we arent good enough and do need to sign some quality players.

the only thing i disagree with is the amount of class players we've got in the team, and that we dont have to sign Zidane and co. to win things.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:08 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:Well, for me its the fact that he sat on a contract offer and down right lied about his position in the club. Dont you remember his statements along the lines of, we are progressing etc regarding his contract?

That may well be true in what you're saying about just wanting to move onto a bigger club, but what i said is what i truly believe....its just my opinion like you said.

Yes he was decieving the Liverpool fans last season, by saying "oh yeah contract talks are progressing nicely" etc. when he must of known he was gonna go, come end of the season. If he wanted to stay, he'd have sorted it out earlier and signed and sealed it. How difficult can it be to negotiate a contract? There are basically 4 parts:

1. Salary+ bonuses
2. Clauses (get out clause. etc)
3. Image/ merchandise rights etc.
4. Agents fees.

His contract would have been largely based on the previous one with all the small print etc, so 2 weeks negotiating at the most!

Owen didnt sort it, cause he never really wanted to stay.
Simple as.
72-1090627431

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:10 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:Another 40 + topic started by the King.

Wehey!

Yo Kick it up one time!

Guess whos back!
72-1090627431

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:22 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:
Hustlers Revenge wrote:Another 40 + topic started by the King.

Wehey!

Yo Kick it up one time!

Guess whos back!

Are you Roberts
Are you Roberts
Are you Roberts in disguise
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:22 pm

Hustlers Revenge wrote:Yo Kick it up one time!

How old are you again?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:24 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Hustlers Revenge wrote:Yo Kick it up one time!

How old are you again?

I'd guess 13 tops  :D
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gabbyh » Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:50 am

I live in North Wales not far from the village he and his family come from. There is a certain property which has had a lot of work done on it near where I live, it also borders an exclusive golf club in that area. My husband has seen Michael Owen leave the property a few times, since his move to Spain. My husband is a Rugby fan, and his only reason for telling me this is cos I am a Liverpool fan, not from any interest on his own account.
He knows nothing about the Real situation and cares little, but he assumed that no-one would buy such a property, have such extensive work done on its grounds and then sell up. I think the family do wish to stay in the area. What beats me is, why does his whole family have to go?? He's a big boy isn't he? I thought he had more fight in him. For Gods Sake Steve Mc(can't spell his name!)was there for a while before he became an integral part of the team and did well. He had to fight hard for his place, he played his best football there. Why can't Michael?
gabbyh

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion