Postby A.B. » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:11 pm

Mourinho won't buy Michael Owen.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby banana » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:48 pm

We do not need Owen. If we were to to sign a new striker it must be someone like Adriano. Someone with skills, strenght, speed and killer instinct. Owen is in it for the money, and quite frankly he is pretty god damn poor. “Owen is not Henry. Owen is not Reyes. Owen is not Totti. Owen is not Drogba. Owen is not Adriano. Owen is not Figo. Owen is not Raul. Owen is not Zidane.”
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:16 am

banana wrote:Owen is in it for the money

That's bolllox. The lad didn't leave for money
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sat Oct 09, 2004 12:03 pm

We need Owen my bollox, as someone else said, he proved we werent good enough for him and now its slapping him right back across the hooter...he deserves it. No player is bigger than the club. To be honest, i would even take him back on a free, hes too weak and not prolific in fornt of goal anymore, and not to mention his hamstrings are as reliable as a car with no engine. Too many people lick his ****** imo, and for what, i dont know. Cisse will come good, just wait and see. If he returns to the EPL he will be playing for a smaller club i reckon, to think Chelsea will buy him is laughable. The likes of Spurs would make moves for him.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:04 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:We need Owen my bollox, as someone else said, he proved we werent good enough for him and now its slapping him right back across the hooter...he deserves it. No player is bigger than the club. To be honest, i would even take him back on a free, hes too weak and not prolific in fornt of goal anymore, and not to mention his hamstrings are as reliable as a car with no engine. Too many people lick his ****** imo, and for what, i dont know. Cisse will come good, just wait and see. If he returns to the EPL he will be playing for a smaller club i reckon, to think Chelsea will buy him is laughable. The likes of Spurs would make moves for him.

i understand if people dont rate him, thats your opinion (and i personally dont think he's as good as he was)

but is it the case that players see themselves as bigger than the club purely because they want to play for Real Madrid.
why do people use that statement "no one is bigger than the club" when they are referring to Michael Owens move to RM?

he just wanted to go to another club, thats all.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:54 pm

Well, for me its the fact that he sat on a contract offer and down right lied about his position in the club. Dont you remember his statements along the lines of, we are progressing etc regarding his contract?

That may well be true in what you're saying about just wanting to move onto a bigger club, but what i said is what i truly believe....its just my opinion like you said.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:55 pm

Guess whos back...tell a freind
72-1090627431

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:43 am

Tell a "freind" eh hustler?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kenco » Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:22 am

owen leaving liverpool was the best thing thats happend to the club for along time.he was a passenger in the last two years at the club.the team was set up for micheal owen, not for l.f.c.his body language stunk!he just was'nt intrested,he contributed nothing to the team,which he his now being accused of excatley the same thing at real,but it's only taken them weeks to suse him out.he's a spent force.he's not world class and never has been.that's been the problem at anfield, for along time,we've signed poor players and wasted millions,and our so called best players, just would not cut the mustard in the top side's such as arsenal i hate to say this man utd or real.with of course the exception of stevie g who would walk into any of these side's.if you disagree please tell who you think is good enough in our side who would be an automatic choice for any of the top side's?. i think you'd struggle. :p :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:19 am

Thats what im talking about kenco, you could just tell Owen didnt want to be here anymore, hence why i think he thought he was better than the club...among other things. I think Liverpool would be mad to take him back and it would be a disgrace, he doesnt score enough goals anymore, same as Diouf...you all wanted shot of him, didnt you?
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:22 am

i agree that Owen is not at the level his reputation suggests but not that long ago he was, and has been since he was 17/18. you cant deny that he was magnifiecnt player for 3/4 years and WOULD have walked into any side. a combination of psychological probs about the injury, beefing himself up (and losing some pace cos of it) and being starved of world class service like those other players receive, have all contributed to his demise.

when Harry Kewell plays like.....well....Harry Kewell, he's also a world class player. Hyppia would also cut the mustard in any defence in my opinon (just as long as he had traore alongside him for help) :D

jury's out on Cisse and Baros. they could be. we need to see more of them though.

come on, even though we've only seen a little bit of Alonso, i think its pretty much agreed that he's shown signs of being the best passer in the game at the moment. Real Madrid wanted him remember.

i dont think its as bad as you make out, its just that along with these players i have listed, there are loads of mediocre ones.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:31 am

agree jim, exactly the players I was gonna mention. I think Sami is a world class defender and Xabi has the makings of one of the best midfielders in the game, Kewell has the potential - he showed what he can do at Leeds but sadly has never shown that sort of form in a Red shirt, which is disappointing considering the hype surrounding his move and the expectations many had for him.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:54 am

i think Kewell will come good but at the moment he doesnt deserve his place. we cant keep playing him just cos we know he is world class, hoping that sooner or later he will return to form. that brings me onto another point which is "do manager's b*llock players anymore?"

Kewell has been playing bad for a while. how can you get away with this? after a couple of bad games, a manager should be right in there letting them know that if it doesnt improve, someone else deserves a chance. it seems like nothing will happen to Kewell even if he plays bad. maybe thats cos we dont have many good players for that position. Houllier didnt seem to do it. Benitez dropped him once but he seems to be back, and still playing sh*te. i'm not saying you should lambast players but somethng obviously has to be done or said as there seems to be no motivation.
LFC Super Member

Postby spud » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:15 pm

I doubt he'll be back and I reckon RB believes he could buy better in that area.
spud

Postby Gareth G » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:22 pm

Thats true aboutOwen when he was younger, but thats in the past dude. And you cant blame world class service for his lack of goals, you would be hard faught to find any better service than hes recieving now. Fair enough, he hasnt played a lot of minutes of football, but how long does it take to score a goal?

As for our midfield, and Kewell in particular, i think he will keep his place until Nunez is fit, possibly yoyoing in and out of the side with Warnock. I personally think Benitez is bitting his time and cant wait for Nunez and Gerrard to be fit, this is when i think it will be Garcia on the left, Gerrard and Alonso centre and Nunez on the right flank with Baros and Cisse partnering up front. I trly believe thats his master plan.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion