A few rumours you might wanna read...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:11 pm

According to a few rumours....

Liverpool to exchange Steven Grrard with Chelsea for Adrian Mutu & Damien Duff + £5 million pounds.

Harry Redknapp is poised to sign  Vladimir Smicer and Neil Mellor from Liverpool.

Liverpool are placing a bid for AC Milan legendary midfielder Clarence Seedorf within the next few days, as new manager benitez believes he could be the key to liverpool becoming real championship contenders.

Santiago Canizares has been linked with a free transfer move to Liverpool fc where his former manager is now at.

Liverpool after Euro 2004 will be signing VICENTE and CANIZARES and AIMAR and AYALA from Valencia [ Rumour that caught me :) ]

Pretty ****** up if you ask me apart from the one that caught me..
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingaz007 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:16 pm

Liverpool to exchange Steven Grrard with Chelsea for Adrian Mutu & Damien Duff + £5 million pounds...............

U must b mad Adrian Mutu,  Adrian Mutu  god he has no place in this liverpool side :D
Damien Duff  a very good player but we have kewell on the left pluss everyplace i look people are talking about  VICENTE comming who got 11 goles in 30 caps who will playon the left also

AC Milan legendary midfielder Clarence Seedorf ;   well i dont know about that hammen might go

Santiago Canizares  well i beliege we have 2 good people between the sticks but he is top class
Fingaz007

Postby Spanishfan » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:38 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:According to a few rumours....

Liverpool to exchange Steven Grrard with Chelsea for Adrian Mutu & Damien Duff + £5 million pounds.

Harry Redknapp is poised to sign  Vladimir Smicer and Neil Mellor from Liverpool.

Liverpool are placing a bid for AC Milan legendary midfielder Clarence Seedorf within the next few days, as new manager benitez believes he could be the key to liverpool becoming real championship contenders.

Santiago Canizares has been linked with a free transfer move to Liverpool fc where his former manager is now at.

Liverpool after Euro 2004 will be signing VICENTE and CANIZARES and AIMAR and AYALA from Valencia [ Rumour that caught me :) ]

Pretty ****** up if you ask me apart from the one that caught me..

I think Seedorff would be great for your team. Playing on the right flank would give you control in midfield plus assists and goals from outside the box. He could also be the "Aimar" of Liverpool just playing behind the striker/s, and he could play as a central midfielder too when playing all out attack.
Spanishfan

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:59 pm

why would we want Mutu? he's expensive and his form has been poor. Duff should be Anfield bound months ago but now we have got Kewell.
I really fancy Scott Parker filling Gerrard's role. Gallas will be good addition too if he is available. Cole? ...hmmm maybe.
So I don't believe we will get Mutu+Duff+£5M for Stevie. Add another digit then we are talkin :)

Liverpool are placing a bid for AC Milan legendary midfielder Clarence Seedorf ...

Seedorf is definately a top player but I am worried about signing temperamental Dutch players (incl Davids). History of disrupting team harmony.

Santiago Canizares has been linked with a free transfer move to Liverpool

if he comes, I think Dudek will be asked to leave. Canizares will not be here to sit on the bench.

Liverpool after Euro 2004 will be signing VICENTE and CANIZARES and AIMAR and AYALA from Valencia

why wait until after Euro'04? These players are not involved in the tournament and Spain has been eliminated.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jun 22, 2004 9:03 pm

None of these players based in Liverpool will be as effective as Steven Gerrard. His workrate and commitment is unparalleled. He can tackle, track back, pass, dribble, run and score. And lead.

I love Duffer and hoped we could have got him last summer. I rate him above Kewell.

Some other quality players but based untested in the Premiership they will always be a risk. Be prepared to be patient for another few years. And hope our new boss will honour the long term commitment he has made.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:12 pm

As you have said, they are but rumours.

Personally if we have to sell Gerrard to Chelsea I would want hard cash and none of their cast offs. However, Damien Duff would be acceptable, and we could play Kewell on the right, in the hole or up front.

Mutu is being hard done by: he had a poor second half of the season but in fairness to him he's only settling in at Chelsea.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:25 pm

I'm sooo excited to see who we buy in the summer, I just hope Benny signs Aimar cos I love watching him play, can't wait for August  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:59 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:As you have said, they are but rumours.

Personally if we have to sell Gerrard to Chelsea I would want hard cash and none of their cast offs. However, Damien Duff would be acceptable, and we could play Kewell on the right, in the hole or up front.

Mutu is being hard done by: he had a poor second half of the season but in fairness to him he's only settling in at Chelsea.

Yes, none of the blues. Hard cash.
Both Mutu and Duff are good players but cold hard cash do wonders. Those 2 may not be willing party on the trade off. Not willing = not happy to come. I may not want them.

Neil Mellor must stay in the team. He's good. Hands off the boy.

Seedorf, I like him. Very good player. Versatile, great technique, strong and packs power and accuracy in his shots.

All 4 from valencia, I'll be happy with any 2 of the players. Cani is good but I think we'll do well with Dudek and Kirk.

I am sure Beni will prove that Gerrard is not indispensible.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion