If our sg goes... - Owens off...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Jun 27, 2004 12:09 pm

Michael Owen admits his future at Liverpool could hinge on whether Steven Gerrard stays at Anfield.
Owen said any decision to sell Gerrard would be a "catastrophe" and wants assurances from Liverpool before opening contract talks with the club.

The England striker said: "I'm not issuing ultimatums or threats, that's not my style.

"But I do need to be sure we have a team that can close the gap on the top two clubs."

Owen has a year left on his contract and is due to sit down for talks amid mounting speculation that Gerrard will move to Chelsea.

I hope Liverpool would make every possible effort to keep Steve

Liverpool striker Michael Owen 
England striker Owen told the News of the World: "I think it would be impossible to replace Stevie.

"He is the driving force and such a strong influence on the team.

"It would seriously weaken the team if he were to leave.

"I'm merely echoing what all Liverpool fans would be thinking by describing it as a catastrophe.

"They would expect the club to sign two or three world-class players with any money they received for Stevie, and I feel the same.

"I don't know what the future holds for him and I hope Liverpool would make every possible effort to keep him."

Negotiations on personal terms are well advanced but that is not the main consideration

Michael Owen 
Owen has already met new Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez and been impressed by his vision of the club's future.

The England striker said: "He told me the direction he wanted to take the club and the sort of players he wanted to sign.

"Now we've got to see that happen.

"I certainly have no qualms about his appointment, but his arrival will not be the decisive factor in persuading me to sign a new contract.

"It's important to have a good manager - but it's just as important to have good players.

"Negotiations on personal terms are well advanced but that is not the main consideration."
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:42 pm

chiggz_likes_owen wrote:Michael Owen admits his future at Liverpool could hinge on whether Steven Gerrard stays at Anfield.
Owen said any decision to sell Gerrard would be a "catastrophe" and wants assurances from Liverpool before opening contract talks with the club.

The England striker said: "I'm not issuing ultimatums or threats, that's not my style.

"But I do need to be sure we have a team that can close the gap on the top two clubs."

Dont believe this,this is the media making up b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t lies.Owen will sign a 2 year contract even if gerrard goes.
jack66

Postby jack66 » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:44 pm

Go on to liverpoolfctv and read what he really says.
jack66

Postby banana » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:50 pm

Owen will sign if Benitez wants him. Can't see many other clubs lining up for his services. He is overrated (maybe not any more as the last three years have been miserable) and overpaid.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:01 pm

banana wrote:Owen will sign if Benitez wants him. Can't see many other clubs lining up for his services. He is overrated (maybe not any more as the last three years have been miserable) and overpaid.

Don't you think it would be easier if you followed Chester or something. You obviously know frig all about football
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:28 pm

Michael just wants assurances that Rafa will replace Stevie with world class players who can give him the service he so badly needs and not be served up the same pile of ****** that he had to endure under Houllier!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:31 pm

When the inmates take over the asylum - then start worrying.

Leave Beitez to do the job - He's the business.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:35 pm

Im with you JohnBull because im not panicking into believing its the end of the world if our two big names do the off! I believe Rafa will totally reshape the team in his own design because he's the man to take us to a new level!
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:43 pm

I feel happier coming into next season than i've been in a long time.

THE FUTURE'S RED        THE FUTURE'S BENITEZ
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:46 pm

If Stevie goes to, then he can f**K off to play for Peter the f**king worm and Roman "The Mafia B@stard" Abramobitch!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion