Owens injuries

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Paul C » Wed May 05, 2004 12:22 pm

I just dunno about Owen anymore, if we did get rid of him we'd have to bring in a world class proven goal scorer cos Owen is our main source of goal, I just wish he was as fast as he used to be and would grow to about 6' 2"  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed May 05, 2004 12:25 pm

i wander at times what our players do in training and whether they always stretch their muscles out properly. i see our players constantly picking up muscle injuries and a lot of the time they aren't even caused in challenges.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 pm

I know what you mean, we pick up more hamstring and groin injuries than most clubs  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reds forever » Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 pm

Owen should stay.

This season Owen didnt have the support & service that he need to score goals.
its the service from the wings that is not coming properly to him,also the partnership in front with either Heskey or Baros just didnt click!!!

I think he need a new partner in front that can provide him with excellent pass.
Reds forever

Postby Redtribe » Wed May 05, 2004 12:52 pm

I think the service has a massive amount to do with owens lack of goals!
I'm sorry but as much as hamann has done for us he is too negative he will always hold on to the ball for too long and generally pass sideways  or backwards!
Look why Henry scores so many. Because his midfield deliver quickly therfore utilising his pace!
Also Hamann is too slow now and its defo time to bring in a new partner for stevie.
Scott Parker would have been a very good purchase but we were not in the race to sign him.
Also the right wing has really been a no show through out this season. yet again another possible link cut off!
The only reason owen and heskey have worked well together is because of the tendency there has bee to hoof the ball forward to heskey thus making Emile a main source if a some what small and restricted one!

Anyway i feel Owens lack of goals comes through lack of serice thats my 2p worth
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby swiss_kopite » Wed May 05, 2004 3:13 pm

you're right, redtribe, i think that's the point! even owen can't score without passes! hamann may be good in defending (hey, don't we need another centre back ...?  :;):  ) but he brings too little support to the offense!
swiss_kopite

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion