The manager situation - And the future

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:58 am

lakes10 wrote:MON?   looks like it could still be him, he as been at our last 4 games as guest of our club.

:laugh: Who said that  :laugh:

Ive seen the last 4 games and MON wasnt near any of them.

Back to topic made up with Steve Clarke coming in, a massive improvement on that arl feckin dinosaur Mike Kelly.

If Clarke & Kenny do a good job in getting good results and our pride back then I see no reason for NESV not wanting them to stay.

We need a manager who understands lives and breaths LFC now we have one, another stranger coming in would see next season like the one we had under Roy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:55 am

TalkSport said on the radio press conference today at 3pm, is that just routine or something else?
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 am

Johnny Boy wrote:TalkSport said on the radio press conference today at 3pm, is that just routine or something else?

Kennys unveiling  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LittleHobo » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:58 am

i really want kenny as full time boss  :cool:

he is the man.

i think hes better for the job than any other realistic appointments eg owen coyle etc
LittleHobo
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 am

it just looked so right him stood there in his big team coat and I hope he stays a bit longer than 6 months. It's a no lose situation for the club really. 

1. Kenny does well, improves the play, gets some results and brings in some high quality players + gets an extension = happy days
2. Kenny sorts us out, makes some improvements but decides 6 months was the best idea and hands the job over to a new man

either way could see this club stabalise and steadily improve.

New manager at the end of season?  could well be Mouriniho. We've got Steve Clarke now as assistant so that could be a sign
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:53 am

lakes10 wrote:how many games do we give him to show he can save us?

all needs to be asked

Not sure why it needs to be asked? At least not now. Be nice to play things by ear and see how we go for the 1st time in god knows how long.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:55 am

Scottbot wrote:
lakes10 wrote:how many games do we give him to show he can save us?

all needs to be asked

Not sure why it needs to be asked? At least not now. Be nice to play things by ear and see how we go for the 1st time in god knows how long.

Lakes sounds very bitter since Roy was given the boot a lot of negativity coming from him everyone else is made up.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:58 am

Dundalk wrote:Kenny was like a breath of fresh air today

I hope he will be our manager now until he decides to retire, however.....

What if Kenny dosent do the job we need. I have no doubt that he can do it but we will have to wait and see. He is a messiah at the club and rightly so. He has united the fans that have been split for the last 2 years and has lifted the gloom from the club but that in itself will not be enough.

If its a case that he is only here until the end of the season, then what? Do the owners what to get someone in? Judging my Kennys interview before the game he is delighted to be back managing Liverpool and I dont see him giving it up to easily. In his eyes and the fans (myself included) he is back where he belongs. If things start to pick up and we start getting a few results then come the summer will he be offered a long term deal? What if no matter how well he does the owners have decided that a new man is coming in in the summer.

Take the scenario that Kenny has an okay second half to the season, we finish 7th in the league and we scrap into the UEFA cup. Then the owners, as was agreed with Kenny when he took the job, bring in a new man on a long term deal. Kenny is out the door and is thanked for his contribution.

And then what? 

Well then we are back to the same situation we were in last week, were the new manager will not stand a chance as he will not be welcomed to warmly into the job and at the first sign of a slip up there will be call for Dalglish from the Kop. We are back to civil war and again a cloud will lie over the club. With all this happening it will be hard to move forward and we could easily start taking steps back in the wrong direction.

Because its Dalglish and because of what it means to the fans NESV need to come out early and stress that this is only until the end of the season or that there is a chance this will be longterm. The quicker we as fans are aware of this then the more time we will have to come to terms with it, as hard as it might be come the summer. If they dont I can see Kenny building up more and more of a bond with the fans that at the end of the season if broken by the owners could cause all types of trouble.

I'm not sure this sort of speculation wil do any of us any good mate, apart from bringing down the current good mood of the place. I'm looking forward to seeing things develop as they happen. If Kenny gets us flying up the table I'm pretty sure the support from the fans will get him the job on a permanant basis but I suspect he needs to have an absolute blinder.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:05 am

In the short term i can see the sense in appointing Kenny to stabilize the club and 'steady the ship'.
With the players we have, we're too good to go down and if we play to our potential could even land a top6 spot.. However, I dont think for a second that the ambitions of the owners stop at that...
That said, I'm still not sure Kenny would be the right figure to take the club forward in the long run. Dont get me wrong, it would be great if he did but I think we need a younger manager with a slightly more modern approach to managing the side than what Kenny brings to the table..
When Rafa arrived he came with fresh ideas and tactics that had many managers scratching their heads... Same with Mourinho, Wenger..etc etc

I'm still going to go with Deschamps for manager at the end of the season... Hopefully Kenny does a great job in the next 5 months or so to make me change my mind about it but I think the board and more importantly Kenny decided on the 6months period for a reason, and a good one at that...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion