The All New ROY HODGSON THREAD - Official "appreciation" thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:45 am

boodiddy1 wrote:
mramo wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:In May he told me about the fall out between Benitez/Gerrard and that it had broken down and was irrepairable. In other words one had to go. He said that due to the fact that Benitez was at fault for the departure of Alonso ( Benitezs' refusal to aplogise to Alonso and his wife after the Inter game in 2008 being the issue), the worry was that players who he had also fell out with ,would leave. So Benitez left.

Funnily enough, I had an interesting conversation with Xabi's Alonso's brother (Mikel) last week in Tenerife.

Mikel's take was that Xabi was upset at being the one considered for transfer after funds couldnt be released to buy Gareth Barry outright. He went on to say that Rafa actually wanted Keane and signed him as his first priority signing! He continued by saying Rafa couldnt get funds released by the owners to buy his next signing (Gareth Barry), so owners told him to sell expensive before buying expensive. This is were Benitez coined the idea of selling Xabi. The rest is history.....Mikel also mentioned (as the majority would) that Liverpool have gone downhill since his brother was sold and Roy Hodgson doesnt seem to be good enough.

My final message to Mikel was that we miss Xabi so much and we need him back at the club sometime soon. Mikel replied saying that Xabi is not aware the fans miss him in such a way. He then promised that evening he would ring Xabi and pass on my message (as a fan) to tell him how highly he is thought of, and how much respect and affection we have for him as a Liverpool legend.

Just a thought like, but Mikel Alonso was in the Bolton team last weekend against us and also the midweek game against Chelsea.

I find it very surprising that Owen Coyle would allow Alonso to go on a break to Tenerife! A lovely stroy nonetheless.

Could be :censored: like the he said she said report that Igor posted up from RAWK.

Not knocking anyone, but we cant take all this info as fact!

Sorry to be a party pooper mate.. But that was marcos alonso who was playing against us last weekend :p
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:46 am

The only thing more embarrassing than Hodgson's attempts at managing the side this season is the support the manager and players have gotten from the fans... Best fans in the world ? In good times maybe....

Regardless, Hodgson has made a mess of it and needs to go ASAP. I've maintained since the start of the season that the least a manager should be given to prove his worth is until January.. I've seen very little that suggests that Hodgson has the mentality or indeed the quality to improve a side that has been on the decline since at least last season.

The thing i was most disappointed about was perhaps how tactically incompetent Hodgson is. I had higher hopes and expectations from the man but he's managed to prove in a short period of time that hes incapable of handling the pressure of managing a big side. His ways are outdated, predictable and are largely uninspired.

If he stays until the end of the season, I can see us improving slightly on our league position (7th or 8th) with perhaps another semi-final UEFA cup qualification. Wasnt good enough last time around and given the fact that we made a change to improve on that last season then it's certainly not good enough this season either.

We need to start improving and the sooner we do that the better, I wouldnt be too excited with yet another manager who adopts a classic style of play largely dependent on one-dimensional football focused on appeasing big name players and a board of directors. As such, the likes of Daglish, O'neil, Benitez..etc wouldnt be high on my list... Deschamps would be my pick
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 am

parchpea wrote:Will be a humiliating end to Hodgsons reign at Old Trafford tomorrow. Wheeling him out there is not fair on anyone and if he where not so deluded he would have put the knife in himself before Sunday by handing in his resignation.

unless we win, where it would be an awesome send off
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 pm

bensmith_times: Roy Hodgson will leave #lfc this morning. He will not be in charge at Old Trafford
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:10 pm

King Kenny to take over. Done deal, caretaker or permanent im not sure
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:11 pm

He is gone kenny will be in charge on Sunday
Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Liverpool FC confirmed today that manager Roy Hodgson has left the club by mutual consent.

Principal Owner John Henry commented: "We are grateful for Roy's efforts over the past six months, but both parties thought it in the best interests of the club that he stand down from his position as team manager. We wish him all the best for the future."

Roy Hodgson said: "Being asked to manage Liverpool Football Club was a great privilege. Any manager would be honoured to manage a club with such an incredible history, such embedded tradition and such an amazing set of fans. Liverpool is one of the great clubs in world football. I have, however, found the last few months some of the most challenging of my career. I am very sad not to have been able to put my stamp on the squad, to be given the time to bring new players into the club in this transfer window and to have been able to be part of the rebuilding process at Liverpool. The club has some great, world-class players, with whom it has been a pleasure to work and I wish the entire squad well for the rest of the season. I thank those with whom I have built up a close working relationship at the club for their loyalty and support during very testing times, and finally of course to the Liverpool fans, your passion and dedication to the club will see Liverpool at the top of the game once more."

Club legend Kenny Dalglish will assume control of team matters for Sunday's third round FA Cup tie against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Henry added: "We are delighted that Kenny Dalglish has agreed to step in and manage the team for Sunday's FA Cup tie at Old Trafford and for the remainder of the season.

"Kenny was not just a legendary footballer, he was the third of our three most successful managers - three giants. We are extraordinarily fortunate and grateful that he has decided to step in during the middle of this season."

Chairman Tom Werner said: "No one who cares for this great club has been happy with the way this season has unfolded and we have examined options and considered at length what is best for us going forward. Kenny will bring considerable experience to the position and provide management and leadership for the rest of the season."
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Also...

jd77 (Twitter)    Phil Thompson has asked for 6 months off Sky then. Very interesting.

???  - joining kenny?
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:13 pm

It's an announcement in the best interests of all concerned.......
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:15 pm

All the best and Good luck !!  :;):
LiverpoolMadman

Postby laza » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Now that  is a FACT

Adios Roy, we will always have Chelsea match at Anfield

King is back for a second coming , long live the king
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

aCe' wrote:The only thing more embarrassing than Hodgson's attempts at managing the side this season is the support the manager and players have gotten from the fans... Best fans in the world ? In good times maybe....

Agree some of the support certain non match-goers have shown managers and players in the last few seasons have been awful.....hopefully Kenny Dalglish can galvanise the pro's and anti's into one unit so harmony can be achieved on the internet :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

LONG LIVE KING KENNY ... LONG LIVE THE KING !!
LiverpoolMadman

Postby roberto green » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:21 pm

A total bomshell in the fact that I thought they wouldn't leave it so late and before such a big match to do it.

God luck Roy but you were never L.F.C material.
roberto green

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:22 pm

GET IN ,ABSOLUTLY MADE UP. HA HA HA  :buttrock  :buttrock
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion