14%
No votes
8%
Any Other
No votes

Total votes : 36

Postby eds » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:42 am

Top 4 finish, no chance.  :laugh:

City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have much, much better squads than us led by managers who have won silverware.

5th is the most realistic target we can acheive with our manager and players, tough start though so won't be surprised that come October Rodgers might be on the precipice again. From that point onwards, who knows what can happen.

Unless we bring in more quality players my gut says 7th or 8th with all fans finally starting to come around that the yanks need to go.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 am

eds » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:42 pm wrote:Top 4 finish, no chance.  :laugh:

City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have much, much better squads than us led by managers who have won silverware.

5th is the most realistic target we can acheive with our manager and players, tough start though so won't be surprised that come October Rodgers might be on the precipice again. From that point onwards, who knows what can happen.

Unless we bring in more quality players my gut says 7th or 8th with all fans finally starting to come around that the yanks need to go.

Ever the optimist eds  :laugh:

I do agree with you though, top 4 finish...mmm I don't think so.

Not the American's fault, they spent money this season, 32.5 on Benteke, that has to go down to Rodgers.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:31 am

likewise if Benteke hits the ground running and bags a load of goals and we get back into top 4, that also has to go down to Rodgers, can't have it all one way.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:01 pm

Under the current management 5th at the best, on paper were the 5th best squad in terms of talent and we dont have a manager with the smarts to bridge the gap tactically, plus the Europa League will be a long drawn out and draining experience for the players.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:31 am wrote:likewise if Benteke hits the ground running and bags a load of goals and we get back into top 4, that also has to go down to Rodgers, can't have it all one way.

I agree Lee

and I will be the first one to admit that if it happens.

It's a gamble and I hope it works, I don't feel optimistic that's all.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:46 pm

I don't think the fixture computer has done us any favours, we aren't the best at playing catch up.
I think we'll know after the City game on the 21st of November wether we have a realistic chance of finishing in the top 4 or not, if we come through that tough run relatively unscathed then I think we could just do it, on the other hand if a sizeable gap opens up during that bad run between us and the other top 4 contenders then im sorry to say I think we are fv.cked, as I said we are not great at chasing teams down, we always give it a go but we always fall short too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:33 am

I've not been on here for a while. Geez, you're a bunch of pessimists. We've strengthened our squad significantly and we've revamped the coaching staff. We've signed premier league quality in Benteke, Milner and Clyne. We've signed an exciting forward in Firmino. We've got two new, young promising strikers in Ings and Origi. We've got two great, young prospects in Can and Markovic with a year of experience under their belts.
Let's look at our opposition:
Arsenal - went backwards last season. Still lacking a world class striker. Only added Cech so far.
Man utd - still without a defence, now lacking an out and out striker. Possible losing De Gea. May take time for the midfield to gel. Were still pretty gash last season, only a 6 point improvement over their disastrous previous season.
Man City - Sterling will be an improvement, but there are some things not right with their midfield and defence.
Chelsea - solid, and favourite for the league.
Talk of "trying" the get in the top four? f*ck that, challenge for the league!
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:57 am

:oops:

Good positives there Nifty    :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:24 am

nice post NiftyNeil - glad to see someone as optimistic as me.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:23 am

NiftyNeil » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:33 am wrote:I've not been on here for a while. Geez, you're a bunch of pessimists. We've strengthened our squad significantly and we've revamped the coaching staff. We've signed premier league quality in Benteke, Milner and Clyne. We've signed an exciting forward in Firmino. We've got two new, young promising strikers in Ings and Origi. We've got two great, young prospects in Can and Markovic with a year of experience under their belts.
Let's look at our opposition:
Arsenal - went backwards last season. Still lacking a world class striker. Only added Cech so far.
Man utd - still without a defence, now lacking an out and out striker. Possible losing De Gea. May take time for the midfield to gel. Were still pretty gash last season, only a 6 point improvement over their disastrous previous season.
Man City - Sterling will be an improvement, but there are some things not right with their midfield and defence.
Chelsea - solid, and favourite for the league.
Talk of "trying" the get in the top four? f*ck that, challenge for the league!

opposition supporters would argue the same  ???  :no

Liverpool - signed some players who were squad players with previous clubs, still lacking a top GK and a Gerrard replacement.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:17 am

its going to be a tight fight for 3rd 4th and 5th, I have put 3rd
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:53 am

Some of you silly c**ts need to stop playing Football Manager, the delusion on these threads are a f**king embarrasment.

The local mental asylam van can't come quick enough for some of you looney tunes.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby NiftyNeil » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:27 am

It's called support eds. Are you a blue by the way? You're certainly bitter.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:52 pm

Bringing in Clyne and Benteke has definitely strengthened us I would only swap Clyne for Ivanovic out of all the RBs in the league.

I think this season is for Coutinho to show us what he can do we saw glimpses of it last season but this season is for him to show how good he is.

Sadly I think the loss of Gerrard will be beneficial for us the midfield constantly babysat him and he cost us quite a few goals last year especially against Villa and West ham

Brendan knows his ***** is on the line and that he isnt that far away from the chop.

We need a settled back 5 and if they can get an understanding going then we will be strong at the back we just need to return the attacking football that we had when Suarez was here

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:07 am

NiftyNeil » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:27 am wrote:It's called support eds. Are you a blue by the way? You're certainly bitter.

Since when is being stupid and believing in fairies, goblins and ghosts called "support"?!?

We arent all 5 year olds that believe in the tooth fairy. There is nothing wrong with applying common sense and judgement when comparing our squad with the other teams and realising we arent good enough and need to improve dramatically.

It's actually  sad that you think people like me are "bitter" when they are only calling out the obvious. Im sorry i cant join you and the rest of the delusional brigade in cuckoo land which you seem to have confused with optimism.

As for being bitter im far from it, so far this year i have seen Australia lift the Asian Cup, Chile finally win the Copa America (its up there with Istanbul 2005 for me) and might be lucky enough to see my AFL team win 3 premierships, so dont worry about me being bitter with the sport teams i follow.

eds

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion