Gerrard agrees new contract

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:08 am

bavlondon wrote:btw he is also due in court today.

Which he has just denied any involvement

England and Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has denied being involved in a nightclub fight.

The Reds captain formally pleaded not guilty to affray when he appeared at Liverpool Crown Court.

Gerrard, 28, was accused of being part of a group that injured businessman Marcus McGee, 34, at the Lounge Inn, Southport, in the early hours of December 29 last year.

His appearance came on the day he signed a two-year contract extension which will keep him at Anfield until 2013.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:30 am

Woohoo...  :buttrock  :buttrock
RobinHood6969

Postby GOAT » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 am

Didn't we already know this

Couldnt ever see him leaving now anyway
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:49 am

This is great news. Hopefully he be our manager some day too. He has a chance to learn from one of the best after all.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:58 am

Fantastic. More important than any possible new signing. Here's to a bright future.
loopyliverpool

Postby ox5 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:09 pm

:) :) :)  woot woot! awsome news, get your grubby hands away Real!!!
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Like they really had a chance anyway.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ox5 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:Like they really had a chance anyway.

:bowdown bet they turn their thoughts to Torres now. :veryangry
LFC 4EVA
*pm me if you have any spare home tickets for me and daugter!!*
ox5

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:20 pm

They would wasting their time even more. He played for Atletico who are their local rivals and he already ruled out any move not so long ago. They only player I can see them wanting is Alonso. Until he signs a new contract that will be the talk probably.
Last edited by tubby on Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RobinHood6969 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:21 pm

bavlondon wrote:They would wasting their time even more. He played for Atletico who are their local rivals and he already ruled out any more not so long ago. They only player I can see them wanting is Alonso. Until he signs a new contract that will be the talk probably.

We should tie all our major players soon.  :)
RobinHood6969

Postby tubby » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:38 pm

That is surley Rafa's plan. At least then he can concentrate on who he wants to bring in during the summer.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:20 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I am still confused though regarding where the money is coming from as i thought the owners were struggling to even meet the loan repayments and now Rafa, the back room staff and Stevie have all been given new contracts ?

maybe there is something they are not telling us...those nasty little hobbits!  :angry:   :D

but its good news to have our key player tied up. now for Agger and Arbeloa to follow suit.

Liverpool Football Club were faced with the same situation back in the 80´s, invest in the Kemlyn Road stand or on the squad. We rebuild the Kemlyn and suffered on the field as a consequence. It now appears the reverse is happening, the owners have given up on the new stadium and pumping the money into the manager, back room and squad instead.

Its one of those situations where whatever you do is wrong...

On teh other hand it would be nice to think the owners are getting things in order structurally prior to announcing a new shareholder who will build the stadium.  (Oh please gód....)
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:37 pm

Reg wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:I am still confused though regarding where the money is coming from as i thought the owners were struggling to even meet the loan repayments and now Rafa, the back room staff and Stevie have all been given new contracts ?

maybe there is something they are not telling us...those nasty little hobbits!  :angry:   :D

but its good news to have our key player tied up. now for Agger and Arbeloa to follow suit.

Liverpool Football Club were faced with the same situation back in the 80´s, invest in the Kemlyn Road stand or on the squad. We rebuild the Kemlyn and suffered on the field as a consequence. It now appears the reverse is happening, the owners have given up on the new stadium and pumping the money into the manager, back room and squad instead.

Its one of those situations where whatever you do is wrong...

On teh other hand it would be nice to think the owners are getting things in order structurally prior to announcing a new shareholder who will build the stadium.  (Oh please gód....)

The way things go nowadays in football in makes much more sense to tie down the top quality players who are more likely to bring success to the club, with that success money will surely follow and the ability to build the stadium.

You could build the stadium and not bother about the players but look how long it's taken us to get back within striking distance of where we where at the end of the 80's.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:23 pm

I agree that Rushie. It has taken a while to come back to striking distance. And I agree the manager when he says there's still margin to improve, and any project that pretends to bring success must have players like Gerrard secured.

It really helps my blood pressure to know that no Chelsea, City or Madrid millions will make Gerrard doubt because we know for sure he'll stay.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Fantastic News - so so happy !

STEVIE: I ONLY WANT TO PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL
Paul Eaton 03 April 2009 
  Steven Gerrard today spoke of his delight after agreeing a two year extension to his Liverpool contract. 
As revealed on Liverpoolfc.tv on Friday morning, the Reds skipper has agreed the terms of a new deal which will keep him at the club until at least 2013.

And now Gerrard has revealed his excitement at the prospect of seeing out the remainder of his playing days at Anfield.

"It's a fantastic feeling to have agreed the deal," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "This is what I wanted. I want to see out the rest of my career with Liverpool.

"I have said all along that as long as the club wanted me then I would stay at Liverpool. I've been a fan all my life and it'll be fantastic at the end of my career to look back and say I have been with Liverpool all the way through.

"The main priority is to be successful and I want to achieve success at the club I love. If we can win more trophies together then I will be really happy.

"This news has given me a boost and hopefully it will help us in our remaining games. We've got big matches to play, all of them cup finals as we have to win them all to stay in the title race and go all the way to Rome."

And he and the manager scooped the monthly awards too - nice one !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion