Danny murphy - Mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby A.B. » Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:27 am

Fowler_E7 wrote:i personally was disapointed to see him go, especially with certain players still being at the club :(  i dont think he was one of the players Rafa really wanted to lose but i think the club realised he was one of the few players we could make some money from for new signings

I agree with the last part of your post. With the money from Murphy we can sign players that would make our squad more dangerous and sharp.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby akumaface » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:13 am

I think the situation is similar to Owen's where we won't be able to see the effect until after the season. We have to have the roster set and work from there. We will see if there is anyone able to generate the goals and assists similar to Murphy's number. One thing I'm worry is that we are using the league game as experiment to get our team to gel. Hopefully, we will win a hand full of those games.
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:26 am

I think its difficult to say until you see what the replacements offer
I always find it sad to see a established player leave but the team and club comes first
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:18 am

why should rafa give danny some chances but he'd never do this...

all i want to commited about saturday's game against spurs was bad strategy been construted by rafa and he seems to change the ordinary team structure i used to prefered in reds.

wasn't he play a mind games with us? ???
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby banana » Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:25 am

With Murphy as central midfielder Charlton got hammered 4-1 at Bolton. Murphy has been around here too long. We need top players, not top failures. It was only about time that someone told him to leave.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:07 am

Personally im not a big fan of murphy, but after seeing finnan play right wing were obviously short of players in that position but i dont think rafa would have sold him if he didnt have a right winger in mind as hes already sold 2 players who could play there and smicer (again) is injured, so in the long run i dont think we will miss murphy as he was only a average player who will probably do ok at charlton, i didnt think he was good enough last season and i dont see him getting any better.......Also whats happened to the winger from madrid, Owens been unveiled as a Madrid player but theres no sign of this nunez yet? ???
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:59 am

I love the lad for two reasons:

1) The goals and indeed winners scored at the theatre of penalties

2)  His bird, I would like to do sex wee's with her

But in all honesty he was only a decent Premeirship player, and he had plenty of time to prove he was worth a regular first team place.

Sadly he was not.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bruno Zidane! » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:10 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:I love the lad for two reasons:

1) The goals and indeed winners scored at the theatre of penalties

2)  His bird, I would like to do sex wee's with her

But in all honesty he was only a decent Premeirship player, and he had plenty of time to prove he was worth a regular first team place.

Sadly he was not.

Totally agree with point number 2 mate, spot on!!!!
Chopper:Look, you're not still angry at me about the leg, are you?
Neville Bartos : Nah, forget about it.
Chopper : Because I don't know if you remember, Neville, but I had that bloody shotgun pointed at your head. I reconsidered and dropped it down to your kneecap. Remember?
Bruno Zidane!
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:28 pm

Far worse players in the squad than him so it was dissapointing.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:30 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Far worse players in the squad than him so it was dissapointing.

yeah how the likes of biscan, diao and smicer are any better than him i'll never know.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby madred » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:33 pm

That was my point Stu really. Id rather see Danny playing out on the right than Finnan. I just feel Benitez should have kept Danny there until the reinforcements arrived at the club. Rather see him coming off the bench than Igor too. Even the people who think Danny was not up to it would even have to admit that he was still capable of producing moments of class here and there.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:21 pm

As Stu said, only time will tell.

It looks like we'll have Nunez, probably Alonso and maybe Garcia this week, so I reckon Murphy will go the way of Jamie Redknapp and Patrick Berger and will be quickly forgotten by the Anfield faithful.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:24 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:It looks like we'll have Nunez, probably Alonso and maybe Garcia this week

well we've definitely got two of them at least. :)

apparently we're signing julio inglesias for the pre-match entertainment and the team are going to run out to castanets which all the fans have been given free on entry to the ground! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:27 pm

If only we had a bit more cash I'd love to steal Defoe away from Spurs!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:42 pm

That was my point Stu really. Id rather see Danny playing out on the right than Finnan. I just feel Benitez should have kept Danny there until the reinforcements arrived at the club. Rather see him coming off the bench than Igor too. Even the people who think Danny was not up to it would even have to admit that he was still capable of producing moments of class here and there.

Yeah i agree.

But, Benitez isn't a mug. Maybe his hands were tied by a lack of funds and its the only way forward. He shouldn't have took Djibril off the other day, but apart from that, no problems so far. :D

Defoe would be great, pipe dream though. Won't happen.

****** another out an out striker n e ways. I want a 4-5-1. Need a class player who can play in the whole.

Code: Select all
                      Cisse
  Kewell         ?_?_?_?_?           Nunez
            Alonso         Gerrard
Riise      Hyypia        Carragher   Josemi
                    Kirkland

I can never decide who should play in goal. :p

Hopefully Nunez will be a good player. That would leave us needing only to replace Jamie Carragher and the question marked position. :D
115-1073096938

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge