Danny murphy - Mistake?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Gerrard#1 » Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:37 pm

Yea but is it 4 sure?
:O
U say get over him, i say get under him!!:P
Gerrard#1

Postby hobbes » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:33 am

And now we realize how much Danny Murphy is important to Liverpool.

Especially, now, with Alonso dont with injury, Hamann off form,. Who else will we play along Stevie In the Centre. Garcia plays well on the right.  and possible and a replacement striker. In the centre..... Diao?. Biscan. ? Murphy was a better class player than these two.

See how he is playing in Charlton. He would have become our Macalister if he is still around. Splendid free kick expert. Good feeder.

Houllier spoilt his talent by keeping him in a refrigerator. But when chasing the last few games to be at the 4th place, Houllier played Murphy. Not his million dollar signings.

Murphy had so much passion to the team.

Even lately, he made comments that Liverpool can make it under Rafa.
hobbes

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 02, 2005 5:53 am

Don't dwell on the past. Murphy is not in Rafa's plans that's why he's at Charlton. We have good enough players for the time being to survive and because the transfer window is open we can replace Alonso.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:47 am

hobbes wrote:And now we realize how much Danny Murphy is important to Liverpool.

Especially, now, with Alonso dont with injury, Hamann off form,. Who else will we play along Stevie In the Centre. Garcia plays well on the right.  and possible and a replacement striker. In the centre..... Diao?. Biscan. ? Murphy was a better class player than these two.

See how he is playing in Charlton. He would have become our Macalister if he is still around. Splendid free kick expert. Good feeder.

Houllier spoilt his talent by keeping him in a refrigerator. But when chasing the last few games to be at the 4th place, Houllier played Murphy. Not his million dollar signings.

Murphy had so much passion to the team.

Even lately, he made comments that Liverpool can make it under Rafa.

Has it occurred to you without selling Murphy we may not have been able to buy Alonso or Garcia.
We shouldnt have sold Owen either and with wonderful benefit of hindsight looking at depleted forward line that seem transfers seems even worse but hey its  done and dusted now.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:29 pm

Murphy eh?If he stayed any longer he would be doomed to oblivion.There are worse players but there are just too many good players ahead of him(Just like Real Madrid galactico strikers and Morientes).
Alonso,Garcia,Kewell,Hamann,Smicer(yes,even him).

With 5 better midfielders,his odds of playing are lower than Morientes's in Madrid.

Besides,he is doing well in Charlton.Plus,Owen was lucky enough to produce goals when everyone thought that he would be like Mcmanaman.(now at City)
116-1104673748

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:14 pm

danny murphy was a nearly man, he chipped in with the odd goal but looking at the influence xavi alonso has on a game compared to murphy, well they are miles apart.
danny reacted to the pace and shape of the game, xavi dictates the shape and pace of games.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby greece2004 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:40 am

Danny was a good player.Ok Alonso is better but in ateam you need also qualityin your bench.We could have sold Diao or Smicer or I dont know who and keep Danny.
IT WAS A MISTAKE.At the end of the year we will see.
One World One Love One Love Parade
greece2004

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:43 am

Selling Murphy was a mistake? I guess that means buying Alonso was a mistake because selling Murphy gaves some of the funds to buy Alonso. You think that Murphy would had stayed if Rafa put him on the bench? Why do you think he's at Charlton?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby hobbes » Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:34 am

Rafa came in, but Murphy was going off. Was it rafa's decission.? I thought the club made the decision to sell Danny probabaly because people wan to buy him.. and no one wants Diao... Diouf....and etc whom we bought with immense price.
hobbes

Postby wee_boi888 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:41 am

Personally, I'd like Igor rather than Murphy...its a shame he got his injury while he was on the up.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:55 am

Danny Murphy wasn't technically good enough for Liverpool under Rafa. He gave the ball away ar too often and to be honest I don't think he's been missed at all
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge