Fowler or owen - Who was the best at thier best?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:15 pm

Has to be Robbie. Close call between the few but Robbie would edge it as he is the better finisher.
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Vitenskapsmann18 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 pm

I dont like to compare, as both have strengths and weaknesses.

Has Robbie written a book at all? I'd love to read it if he did :) I'd have to say Mikey though, but I did love Robbie's style of play.
Matthew Lloyd = klassnaya popka
atebis' all lions fans!
Earth is the home of Football, Rugby is the home of League and Union, St Andrew's is the home of Golf, Lords is the home of Cricket, Melbourne is the home of Footy and my heart is the home for Essendon.
Vitenskapsmann18

Postby Judge » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:06 am

fowler (again)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:31 pm

FOWLER and to be honest i dont think it is close
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:32 pm

love to see him back,even if it was only for the odd game,he could still be a very valuable player
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:51 pm

OWEN ISNT EVEN IN ROBBIE`S CLASS. ROBBIE AT HIS BEST IS TH BEST GOALSCORER IN THE WORLD. NOT CONVINCED? WATCH THE HATRICK V ARSENAL, OR LEISCTER, OR HIS BRACE AT OT, OR THE GOAL V BRUM, GOD, I WEPT WHEN YOU LEFT ROBBIE, I REMEMBER GOIN TO BED THE NIGHT BEFORE WITH ALL THE RUMOURS ON SKYSPORTS N THINKIN NO HEL NEVER GO. THEN THE NEXT MORNIN I WEPT LIKE A BABY, I WORE MY GOLD AWAY SHIRT WITH NINE FOWLER ON THE BACK TO SCHOOL THAT DAY. GOD. ROBBIE IS THE GREATEST. END OF.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:06 am

Fowler was God. Simple as that. Owen was quicker, but he missed so many chances after getting in good positions. Fowler could score 3 in 5 minutes even when he wasn't playing very well. That was the beauty of Fowler. The scoring ability was instinctive, and Owen was more of a thinker. If there was a goal to be scored, Robbie would get it. Left, right, head the lad was fantastic with them all. Don't forget Fowler has had a sh*te time with injuries, even in his first season (Broken ankle). Add to that the cruciate ligaments, ankle bone probs, etc and we were robbed of potentially the greatest goalscorer in LFC history. (He still holds the record for quickest 100 goals). 5 goals on his full debut (vs Fulham). 5 GOALS!!!!! Owen is not in the same class when it comes to scoring. Never will be. I still say that if you get the 2 of them on the training field and hand them identical chances, Fowler would p*ss all over Owen. Without his pace, Michael is an average player. Without pace, Fowler was still majestic for the 'pool. AND Fowler loved LFC and was forced out by a dozy tart with the man-management skills of a hermit. Owen? The little sh*tbag left willingly. What does that say to you? Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:08 am

RAFABENITEZ wrote:THE NEXT MORNIN I WEPT LIKE A BABY. GOD. ROBBIE IS THE GREATEST.

You and me both sunshine. You and me both.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:09 am

drummerphil wrote:FOWLER and to be honest i dont think it is close

Good lad

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:35 am

Its a tough one to different types of strikers i think i would just say owen by a natts
66-1112520797

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:14 pm

I think Fowler, and i dont go by most peoples opinions that Owen is a better footballer, Fowlers touch is far better and he can spot a pass better as well. Owen has benefitted from his pace in the early years....which has now not what it was. But Owen has worked harder at his game and improved his all round game alot.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Tue May 03, 2005 3:56 pm

fowler is a natural scorer...so it would be him...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue May 03, 2005 7:28 pm

fowler without doubt
my reason for living

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ScouseTommy » Wed May 04, 2005 7:47 pm

No question Michael Owen all the way

Fowler was quality but Owen is going to be remebered as one of the best strikers that ever lived.

The really great players do the biz when it matters like FA cup finals and World & European Cups.

If the fans had have given him half the backing he deseved he might have still been playing at anfield now.
1892 - 2005
18 League Titles
6 F.A Cups
7 League Cups
5 European Cups
3 UEFA Cups
2 European Super Cups
1 Super Cup
14 Charity Shields
Y.N.W.A
ScouseTommy

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri May 06, 2005 2:14 am

ScouseTommy wrote:No question Michael Owen all the way

Fowler was quality but Owen is going to be remebered as one of the best strikers that ever lived.

The really great players do the biz when it matters like FA cup finals and World & European Cups.

If the fans had have given him half the backing he deseved he might have still been playing at anfield now.

Its late and really didnt want to reply, but PLEASE DONT MAKE ME LAUGH!!! owen be remembered as one of the best of all time??  Im sorry for me that is just stupid.
Michael Owen was ok and if u ask me a thief of a striker(a la Lineker) and had no skill or ball control. Owen was complete hype and this becaus of the goal he scored in the '98 World Cup. That just led to mass hysteria......for me the amazing for me is that he still has basically a 1:2 average.....but when u look at the stats properly, not many of these goals were in BIG games, and he also scored quite a few pens(not to mention miss some too!).
All owen had was pace, but he ws never instinctive like Fowler was, or the likes of Shevchenko. Thats how good @God@ was, if he wasnt blighted by injury then he would have been the one being remebered as one of the best strikers of all time.
Fowler could score scrappy goals, headers, volleys and shots/free kicks from outseide the box....i can probably count on one hand the amount of goals owen scored from outside the box as for taking a free kick  :Oo: haha!!!

So sorry if i went on there a bit, but that post really enraged me, so i just had to reply!!!!
76-1115222408

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge