Owen leaving? - Is owen really going?

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby Redlester » Sun Oct 26, 2003 6:18 pm

Are the rumours true - is Owen really going at the end of the season - have his contractual negotiations really stalled
Redlester

Postby cecil carpenter » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:59 pm

Redlester wrote:Are the rumours true - is Owen really going at the end of the season - have his contractual negotiations really stalled

yes i heard he was going to Real Madrid
cecil carpenter

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Sun Oct 26, 2003 8:36 pm

If owen doesn,t want to play for L.F.C. then i say GO! anyone who cannot commit himself to our cause should be sold. sorry but if owen wants away then let him go, no player is bigger than the club. ???
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:18 pm

Until Micheal himself says he is going, then he will remain a Liverpool player for some time to come. Rumours abound all the time, particularly started by football agents who want to up the asking price for players during contract negotiations. This stuff has nothing to do with the player and should be ignored. Don't forget we dragged the guy off his sick bed to beat Leeds yesterday - that's how important he is to our team and will stay so until the rest of them start pulling their weight in the goal scoring department. Liverpool will not want to see a repitition of the financial 'loss' made when stevie macc went for nothing. But I don't think anyone at the club wants to see M Owen leave just yet. Not until they have a replacement as good as him - and there aren't many of those around.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redlester » Mon Oct 27, 2003 1:00 am

I know I know and I totally agree with you oldredeyes - its just the rumours are usually true - look at the whole becks thing  Manu denied it for weeks and look what happened Becks went to Real in the end - As things stand I wouldn't blame him for wanting to go, the medals he wants and deserves are eluding him at LFC - it would just be sad that's all
Redlester

Postby Dana » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:49 pm

Owen goes if Hollier stays, so......  Hollier: go away!!!
Dana

Postby supersub » Fri Oct 31, 2003 11:59 pm

Remember how Keegan couldn't be replaced,Rush,Souness,Hansen,Dalglish,Barnes....etc.etc.etc
Nobody is irreplaceable and if someone will pay daft money then we take it for a player who doesn't want to be a part of the LFC rebuilding job.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby THEBARON » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:20 am

When Keegan left we were champions of Europe... when Rush left we were the dominant force in English football. The players wanted to come to Liverpool as we were the best team in the country. Unfortunately times change , we are a mid table team with a great crowd but haven't won the league in 13 years. We are a counter attacking team with a manager who cannot handle or seemingly trust flair players. We are tactically predictable and have clear favourites in the squad who get picked however cr#p they play. When we get linked with Brazilian superstars in the press we distance ourselves as far as we can. Yes why shouldn't  Michael Owen stay !
But we have the most shots on goal in the premiership so he is bound to stay.
THEBARON

Postby supersub » Sat Nov 01, 2003 12:31 am

Forwards will always score goals wearing the red shirt,except for Heskey.The premiership has players who will get goals,whoever they play for.My point is if you give any natural goal-scorer chances they will score.Owen is not BIGGER THAN THE CLUB AND HE WILL BE REPLACED IF HE CHASES THE YANKEE DOLLAR.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby redandblue » Mon Nov 03, 2003 4:08 pm

Michael Owen SHOULD leave Liverpool if he wants to further his ambitions. He is a fantastic player who has done a great job for the club. Unfortunately, the club has let him down badly. He gets precious little service and as we all know, he is playing in a mediocre team with a very mediocre manager. The Board at Anfield has settled for mediocrity and the manager is clearly focused on finishing, at best fourth, year in year out. The Board thinks that this is ok and Houllier has been given another year after Liverpool's appalling run of results over the past year or so. It is quite disgraceful for a club which once stood for excellence both on and off the pitch.

So don't have a go at Owen for being a mercenary or chasing dollars. He has stayed at this club longer than the club deserves. He has given terrific service in helping us to win a few cups, but he knows that if he is not careful, he will end up like Alan Shearer......loads of money and very few medals in his cabinet.

Michael Owen is a winner and a top quality striker. One of the finest in Europe. I am sure that he will be off soon. He simply wants to be competing at the highest levels, winning championships and playing against the top teams in Europe. He is not going to get that at mediocre Anfield. We should be grateful that he graced Anfield for so long, thank him for everything, wish him well, and turn our anger in the right direction. To Houllier and David Moores who have overseen the decline of the most successful team in England. Owen can see what is happeneing at Anfield and he is right to move on.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jude » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:55 pm

WHY? the bloody hell is everyone so NEGATIVE , what kind of fans are we then ,we're fane remember not critics os the club at the end of our discussion we must always end in a positive note ,if WE  don't stand up and say we BELIEVE ,we BELIEVE that the future at anfield is bright NOBODY  will ,true there are some bad points but c'mon ,we have to belive liverpool will turn around and they ARE doing that ,for goodness sake we've had so many injuries and no great finisher , we aren't PLAYING totally like a mediocre team so WHY the hell does everyone think we are ,DAMMIT we can and we'll do well this season ,just believe and have faith ,sometimes  that is just required rather than all the speculation and pondering ,hasn't the guy brought 6 trophies to liverpool  ,the players have to start getting some mental toughness (which they did against fulham) and that will start taking us further. remember heskey has had 20+ goals a season  and hasn't owen scored half his goals this season from penalties.C'mon we have the potential we'll explode soon,it took ferguson 7 long years before he won a title ,whereas there was a 5 year gap between arsenal's trophies.
dammit we HAVE to fight stick together and believe.
it'll happen  THIS season.
jude

Postby redandblue » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:50 pm

I am afraid not, chum. Faith is not the answer. Reality is. The stark fact is that Liverpool have not won the trophy that counts for 13 long years and Liverpool are woefully inconsistent. There is no point in pretending that we are about to turn a corner because that is simply not the case. There is no point in pretending that we have a really good side when results over the past year indicate that we are mid table at best. If you are accepting 6 trophies as a sign of success, then you are with Houllier and Moores in accepting mediocrity. The trophies which count are the league championship and getting to the latter stages of the European Champions Cup. The UEFA Cup is for also rans and that's what we have become. Belief only works when coupled with a dose of reality. One of the reasons that we are in the mess today is that not enough fans have demanded change.
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:54 am

It's better for  himself to leave.
But today,LFC is still strong,they have many good players like kewell.
If GH can use them in right way ,I think LFC will be the strongest in Europe again!
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby rob chan » Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:12 pm

if its out of owen and houllier staying its owen! :angry:
rob chan

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:52 pm

Even if we don't make the champions league he won't leave, and if we do then that will great because he will sign an longer contract, he will eventually leave for spain of Italy in his late twentys anyway.

He is replaceable, we should be more concerned with Gerrard, players like him only come along every so often..

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge