Biscan - Why does he still play for lfc

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby kennys mate » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:42 pm

why is biscan still playing for lfc,if liverpool want to win anything average players like him should be sold to the toffees.
kennys mate

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:23 pm

Biscan had a reasonable game tonight,except when got over ambitious.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby no10 the main man » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:32 pm

i agree had decent game tonight, needs to improve passing+ positional play, not scared to tackle+ decent in the air. just needs a bit more experience and is decent cover. i'd get shot of a few more players before him
no10 the main man

Postby supersub » Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:42 pm

Houllier realises we need cover at the heart of our defence,so it could be a brave move by GH to try and mould Biscan into a centre-half.It won't be the first time players have changed,what was thought to be,their favoured position to kick-start their career in a totally different position.I for one hope the experiment takes off and we uncover a big strapping centre-half who is comfortable with the ball at his feet.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ROBtheRED » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:41 pm

I agree he played ok last night but it would be a massive gamble to risk him as a centre-half next season, he's clumsy and prone to errors. The first pre-season friendly isn't the best time to judge players so i'm not gonna start pinning my hopes on Igor, for me if anything happened to Henchoz or Hyypia the ever-dependable Jamie Carragher would be ideal cover but i think Boumsong would be a great signing.
I always try to refrain from criticising our own players but for me Biscan and Traore are simply not good enough for Liverpool Fc.
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wallie » Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:46 pm

supersub wrote:Biscan had a reasonable game tonight,except when got over ambitious.

I AGREE HE HAS NOT GIVEN LIVERPOOL ANY THING WHILE HE HAS BEEN THERE. HE LACKS VISION JUST LIKE HOULLIER.I SEEN A YOUNG PLAYER CALLED JON OTSEMOBOR WHO MADE HIS DEBUT AGAINST SOUTHAMPTON IN WORTHINGTON CUP, HE HAD OUT STANDING GAME IN THE WRIGHT BACK POSITION AND WHAT DOES HOULLIER DO GO AND BUY FINNEN. I THINK OTSEMOBOR IS A MUCH CLASSY PLAYER WHO WILL PROBABLY END UP AT UNITED OR ANOTHER TOP TEAM BECAUSE HOULLIER DOES NOT GIVE THE YOUNG TALENT A CHANCE.WHY DO WE HAVE AN ACADEMY WHEN THE YOUNG TALENT HAVE NO MOTIVATION BECAUSE MR HOULLIER PREFERS TO BUY BIG ALL THE TIME.LIVERPOOL HAVE ALWAYS PRIDED THEMSELVES ON LOCAL TALENT GONE ARE THE DAYS WHEN THE RED SHIRT MEANT SOMETHING.
wallie

Postby LFC4EVA » Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:20 pm

steven gerrard is a local lad as is jamie carragher, its not the same anymore because even if young players do come through the ranks who have been at the club since the age of 12 it doesn't mean they are going to be local lads, michael owen, danny murphy, neil mellor for example ...
'Football is not a matter of life and death, Its more important than that'
LFC4EVA

Postby supersub » Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:49 pm

It's interesting how some people perceive local talent as the best talent.Also that we have abandoned an age old tradition of using local talent.True it would be great if we could build a team from the Academy costing nothing but it won't happen.Some players will make the grade as professionals,a few here,others elsewhere,but most will fail.Liverpool have brought players through from youth upto 1st team,but success is always demanded now by the fans and it will always take a certain influx of quality players from other sources,mixed with our own produced talent,to achieve it.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Matt » Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:48 am

Igor Biscan has been at the club now for a couple of years and the only thing I can remember him doing was scoring the goal which started the thrashing against palace in the Worthington cup in 2001. He should be sold along with the likes of Smicer, Traoe, Diop and Bruno Cherou who havent made any impact since joining the club. very pleased with the Harry Kewell signing, but disappointed that he is injured. Hope he can get himself fit for the Chelsea game. Still feel we need a few more players, but have been impressed with the sharpness of Owen and Baros in the pre season games.
Matt

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:03 pm

Check out tomorrows back page of the Mirror!!!!!!

Houllier to Abramovich:

I'll never sell Igor!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby the_welsh_tex » Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:16 pm

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D ,i like it jonny
the_welsh_tex

Postby BBB-ZG » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:07 pm

Give him a chance, he is a great person and player.

We all love him here
BBB-ZG

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:20 pm

I'm in agreement with you BBB let's give Biscan a chance to re-start his career at Liverpool in this new line-up.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 98-1063545028 » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:52 pm

Biscan isnt even good enough for the Tranmere Rovers first team let alone the Liverpool first team, what a shocking waste of money!
If Cornholio could see this!
98-1063545028

Postby TJAMES » Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:08 am

SUPER SUB I THINK U ARE ACE
sup ppl
TJAMES

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge