Igor biscan - Analisys and comments

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby ~RedCroat~ » Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:37 pm

In case some of you havent seen my introduction in the general topic, here it is...my name is Alan.I m from Croatia, and LFC fan since 1996...

Since a croatian player is playing for the Reds, l thought I m obligated to say my point of view of this player.

Igor Biscan was one of the most talented players in CROATIAN league a few years ago, when playing for my fav.team Hajduk Split s rivals, Dinamo Zagreb.In a very talented generation together with Silvio Maric(Panathinaikos), Dario Simic(AC Milan), and several other players, Biscan became Dinamo's captain and leader on the pitch.
He was well known for his arrogance, fighting spirit and leadership, although he was very young.
His best quality as a player was speed, organizing abilities, and great defensive skills...He was favourised and critisized at the same time, due to his polivalence on the pitch(ability to play on 3 or 4 positions in the team), but also sometimes great oscilation and bad performance.
He was targeted as one of the most valuable Croatian assets for the future, though he never produced a good game playing for Croatian national team.
Then he was transferred to Liverpool. At first he was critisized, but still played some great games for the Reds. He played in defensive (last man)line, which is NOT his only ability.He is well capable of playing in midfield...(now when Stephane is back, Biscan will not have a guaranteed place in first 11 any more)...
I want to hear your opinion of this player, his abilities, performance, character...
I must say he is not one of my favourite players, especially when he produced an AMAZING incident just ONE DAY before Croatia played crucial match vs Bulgaria for Portugal 2004. He DESERTED the team, and LEFT(!?!?!?) without saying a word to anyone.
It still remains a mistery why he did this horrible thing, but press speculate it was due to his mistreatment in the team(he believed to have deserved place in standard first 11.(!?!?)...)

Ok, enough from me...for now:)
~RedCroat~

Postby THEBARON » Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:48 am

Up until the start of this season Biscan's time with Liverpool has been a wasted one.At the time of his purchase his arrival was seen as something of a coup with Liverpool beating other clubs for his signature. Yet after a reasonable start ( wins versus Man Utd and Arsenal ) and playing in a cup final his career went downhill rapidly. He played a handful of games in the following 2 seasons and didn't make much of an impression. When he did play he appeared to lack confidence and didn't appear to have a future at Anfield.
Yet he stayed this summer ( probably because nobody wanted him ) and has featured in all games so far. The crunch will come when Henchoz gets fully fit and Houllier will probably revert to the Henchoz and Hyypia partnership. What will happen to Biscan then ? Although he is a trier his better games have been in defence rather than midfield.
I think Houllier has been playing Biscan to increase his potential transfer fee for when the transfer window opens again.
THEBARON

Postby greenred » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:35 pm

Biscan has no transfer value,not when litmanen and berger are given away for nothing.He is not fit to tie the laces of those great players.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:10 pm

Biscan has been a different player this season, one of the more consistent, may I add.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:13 pm

Igor!!!!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

jonnymac1979

Postby supersub » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:59 pm

igor the rock in Liverpool's defence or perhaps just sandstone!
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:45 pm

Igor biscuit-head is a joke!! no talent,no skill, no brain!! that just about sums him up. :D
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:06 pm

Igor is not a bad player, he is good defender but prone to huge mistakes, that is why he can't play as the last line, i think his future lies as a defensive midfielder, of if he wants a radical change, right back, he's quick and can run with the ball, as long as he dosen't think he's Zidane he could be a good player.

But I think the only reason Houllier is playing him is so that when he tries to sell him on he will get a work permit.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ~RedCroat~ » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:18 pm

I agree with most of you people here, I dont like Igor no more than you do, I just wrote a short analysis of his career...hope someone appreciated it:laugh:
:)
~RedCroat~

Postby supersub » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:28 pm

I think poor Igor has suffered from "The Curse of Houllier"....the ability to turn potential footballers into cr#p.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Simlinford » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:45 pm

With a bit more confidence Biscan can be a quality player how can it be gerards fault if he was cr#p theres no cursewith houlliers signings like every manager some are good and some bad look at henchoz and when baros came he was overweight and coulnt be arsed now he has the potential to be a great player

Keep faith in houllier he's learnt from his mistakes and will once again take Liverpool forward
Simlinford

Postby Owzat » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:15 pm

I think Biscan could make it at full-back where his defensive qualities and midfield attributes could be combined to good effect. He will be less exposed and errors less costly and it would reunite Henchoz and Hyypia in the middle.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby haps » Sat Nov 15, 2003 4:19 pm

Igor is very bad.  I mean it.  He's a bad footballer.  At the moment, there is only one thing in football I dislike more than Igor being in the Liverpool team and that's Phil Neville.  Obviously.
Sorry Igor, I know thats harsh.
haps

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:48 am

Igor is good, in fact he can be excellent...if he keeps playing for the RESERVE TEAM. How can Houllier justify spending more than 5 million pounds on this so-called midfield player when he can't string more than 2 accurate passes.
Probably he has "potential" as Houllier said when he was purchased. "Potential to become a great cr@p" is more like it, and my word, what a great cr@p he has turned out to be...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 16, 2003 3:59 am

Hey ~redcroat~, I hope you R not offended by my comments about Biscan, perhaps he was mega before his transfer, but somehow, he had not lived up to his transfer price and it has taken him far too long to deliver at Liverpool. Also, it seems that now he is showing consistency althouch only when playing at centre back. But he is not a great player at Liverpool, only we hope that he will improve in time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge